Rumour Would you do this deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you look at the fact that we still have very capable inside players such as Grigg and Kerridge to come back into the side, and that Matt Crouch will probably come straight into the side to replace Scotty T when his day is done, unfortunately I still cannot see Lyons fitting into our 22.

Add to that the fact that inside midfielders are probably one of the most common types of players that are readily available and we could draft for depth in this area quite easily, then I think it's a massive win for us.

I have a soft spot for Lyons and just love the way he goes about his footy, as most on here do, however given the current situation of our 22, Id be taking this deal and running 11 times out of 10.

Everyone loves a corner piece in a jigsaw puzzle, but you only need 4. Do the trade!

It doesn't matter how you rate Lyons... we have plenty of clearance players. Ben Kennedy is a potential jet. Do the deal.
Correct. Our outside/skilled players are where we lack. We've got Matt Crouch to do what Jarryd Lyons can do. And I'm a very pro Jarryd Lyons person - I just see the writing on the wall.

Melb offered us the same value pick for Lyons as we got for Vince.

C'mon. Unless you've got something to back it up, that sounds completely untrue.

I'd consider it - but I'd like to see Lyons play a month of solid footy, in the middle, without being the sub, before we trade him away.

I don't know if you guys realise, but I clearly rate him; I think we'll regret it if we trade him - but Kennedy would be a realistic trade for him.

Surely Kennedy is an incredibly unrealistic trade, if you're talking just for Lyons.

It's interesting reading the pies board re Kennedy. All the same ranting about him being sub/badly treated, as we do with Lyons.

They seem to rate Kennedy pretty highly following some decent performances from limited opps.

You would think it's a decent trade, maybe needs to be balanced with upgrading of picks in collingwoods favour

Where can I sign? Lyons in a straight swap for Kennedy would be an absolute steal.

We would surely have to throw in a draft pick or another fringe player though?
The 'woods board seem keen on Lewis Johnson. Could be a good package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being around this place for a while I have found generally even the most balanced supporter tends to think their team should get more in a trade than they really do. A fair trade is usually one where both sets of fans are slightly unhappy with the result.

The "grab it and run" response in this thread tells me that there is no way this will be a straight swap, if it happens. Lyons and our second (currently 31 and falling) seems about right.

Surely Kennedy is an incredibly unrealistic trade, if you're talking just for Lyons.

I don't think it'd be too far off; without further going into the stupidity of not giving Lyons a chance to establish himself and prove his worth; Lyons looks quality, he's proven he's capable of playing AFL at an average standard, at least, Kennedy has potential, but has he proven that as yet?

Either way, I'd suggest it'd need to be Lyons and our second rounder or something similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back