Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaksch for pick 20 something is dreamland unfortunately.

Hypothetical. Who'd trade Talia straight up for jaksch?
I'm not too sure, was taken pick 12 but IIRC was rated more of a 15-20 pick really. That was 2 years ago and he's done nothing since, and is out of contract and reportedly wants out. a Band 2 compo would be about pick 19, that would do for Jaksch I reckon.

UP IN THE AIR
Shaun Higgins
(restricted), Western Bulldogs
Higgins has put contract talks with the Bulldogs on hold until the end of this season, but his manager Bruce Kaider says the defender remains committed to negotiating with the Dogs before entertaining opposition interest. Make no mistake, there is rival interest in Higgins, with at least four other clubs having already put their hats in the ring. Higgins' decision might come down to the length of his new contract rather than remuneration. We understand the Bulldogs have offered Higgins a two-year deal, but he would prefer a longer contract. Rival suitors will be mindful Higgins, 26, has had his share of injuries over his career, but might be prepared to make a long-term commitment given his class. The defender's recent demotion to the VFL will have no bearing on his decision, but he is no more than a 50/50 chance to stay at the Whitten Oval.

SET TO RE-SIGN
Dale Morris
, Western Bulldogs
Morris' manager, Scott Lucas, told AFL.com.au earlier this month the 31-year-old defender is close to re-signing with the Bulldogs for 2015.

STAY PUT OR RETIRE
Matthew Boyd
, Western Bulldogs
The 31-year-old remains a ball magnet (averaging 27.5 possessions a game in 2014) and is understood to be keen to play on next season. But the Bulldogs might decide the time is right to give more responsibility to their emerging group of young midfielders.

Daniel Giansiracusa, Western Bulldogs
Has again excelled in the substitute's green vest this season, but has long harboured ambitions to coach and will start that next stage of his football career in 2015.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-28/state-of-play-free-agents

I did however lol at this in the Waite bit
the Western Bulldogs are routinely linked with any 'gettable' key forwards

Bzzzt.

Think Talia's value going forward exceeds that of Jaksch, from our perspective.

Agree that pick 20 is dreamland. Would probably have to downgrade to get two mid/late first rounders and send one their way. Unsure whether I'd want to do that and grab someone like Duggan with the other pick, really make a play for the likes of Patton with the first pick and a player or hold onto our first pick and nab Laverde, Lever or Durdin if available.

Nope for me. We need more KP options, not just swapping them with other clubs..

Goldsack ticks the boxes for need, age, talent, attitude. At the right price, we could really do with him.
Would you recruit him as a forward, back or midfielder? I think he can add something to our defence.

Nope for me. We need more KP options, not just swapping them with other clubs..

Stupid mobile thingy posting things twice..... Grrrr... mumble mumble....

Last edited:
Would you recruit him as a forward, back or midfielder? I think he can add something to our defence.

I think that Goldsack is one of the most versatile players in the AFL. He is very effective as a defender, as a midfielder and as a defensive forward. His value to us would be as a swingman that could be moved to any part of the ground with good effect.

Personally I wouldn't. If both are defenders which I think they are I think Talia is superior one v one, athletically and probably has a bigger tank. Talias drawbacks are less important when he's pared with a player like Roberts. And Roberts and Jaksch are two similar to play together.

There is no way we would get a middle first rounder for Talia. Need to put things into perspective. For example we got Crameri for an early second rounder and who has more runs on the board?

$600,000 dollars a year, four year contract for Higgins. You must be in dreamland.
Higgins value would be lucky to be $300,000, and know one in there right mind would offer him any more than 2 years.
I would be wrapped if we got a second rounder for Higgins.
It's rapt mate, rapt. Not wrapped. Unless of course you were going to roll yourself up in a blanket if he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Goldsack is one of the most versatile players in the AFL. He is very effective as a defender, as a midfielder and as a defensive forward. His value to us would be as a swingman that could be moved to any part of the ground with good effect.
I agree. I rate him pretty highly for what he does, which is play most positions pretty well. Being an 80% player in every position as opposed to an 90-100% player in 1 or 2 positions suits modern footy. Unless you want Patton ;)

I love Talia, he better stay :(

He will stay, I don't for one minute buy into the crap that there is an issue or that he will be leaving. He has his heart on this team, as it is his boyhood team, he wont throw in the towel so soon. And the club would be stupid to throw away a talented person who still has much room for improvement, given our serious lack of depth of quality defenders. Would just create another hole if we got rid of him, unless we were 101% sure we were going to land a quality defender or two in this draft, or got a quality player on either end from moving Talia on, and I cannot see that happening. His currency is a second round pick at the best

He will stay, I don't for one minute buy into the crap that there is an issue or that he will be leaving. He has his heart on this team, as it is his boyhood team, he wont throw in the towel so soon. And the club would be stupid to throw away a talented person who still has much room for improvement, given our serious lack of depth of quality defenders. Would just create another hole if we got rid of him, unless we were 101% sure we were going to land a quality defender or two in this draft, or got a quality player on either end from moving Talia on, and I cannot see that happening. His currency is a second round pick at the best

HE will....he will

He better, or i'll cry.

I wouldn't bet against getting Ryan O'Keefe and playing him as a small forward.
Premiership player and would offer a wealth of experience to our young forward line. Plus I'd still think he's better than Gia to play similar role.

How about we get say pick 20 for talia , get lever with our first pick Ellis with the pick received for talia Mckenzie with our pick received for Higgins and duggan with our 2nd rounder

I wouldn't bet against getting Ryan O'Keefe and playing him as a small forward.
Premiership player and would offer a wealth of experience to our young forward line. Plus I'd still think he's better than Gia to play similar role.
Would be difficultly to get him to leave Swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back