KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting results. Just a goal between Stanhope and Murchison and finals aspirants Lancaster getting home by seven points against Rushworth. Given Murchison are fifth, is there much between the top six on any individual team's day? Can't see Lancaster being a chance even if they make it, Rushworth have been badly depleted by injury and the Wombats apparently almost coughed it up.

Well considering we had 6 out from our starting 18 before the game & lost another 2, 1 in the 1st & 1 in the 2nd qrt leaving us only a 16yr old kid left on the bench in the 2nd half I thought we done really well to hang on.... All credit to Rushy for getting back into the game & nearly taking the win! But give me a break, Rushy aren't the only club in the comp with injuries.... Look how it has affected Murch who only 4 weeks ago were premiership favourites.... U should know better my friend! ;)

Well considering we had 6 out from our starting 18 before the game & lost another 2, 1 in the 1st & 1 in the 2nd qrt leaving us only a 16yr old kid left on the bench in the 2nd half I thought we done really well to hang on.... All credit to Rushy for getting back into the game & nearly taking the win! But give me a break, Rushy aren't the only club in the comp with injuries.... Look how it has affected Murch who only 4 weeks ago were premiership favourites.... U should know better my friend! ;)
Yeah I do, but I couldn't help myself!

I thought there already was/is another team looking to join in 2015?
They will replace Longwood Doona .. so there will still be a bye. Unless the Gig die too to make it a 12 team comp .. as community footy passes away. Those with the most money will survive .. eh ..? .. for what.. for what hollow satisfaction? Cheers me country footy cobbers .. the WHOB John Carrot

Clubs make f*ck all out of finals unless they can cater down to a precise number. You lot know how the allocation system works so harden up. Have had last round games at VT when the food has run out at half time when they don't have a final coming up (sorry Jax) so don't be such princesses. If the best of the best counts for the be all and end all then every final should be played at Tally - parking, big ground, good surface (floods excepted), great rooms, new netball courts etc. Is that what you want???
Not bad Woody but Longwood have hot showers and toilets for both sides of netballers!!! .. let alone the pristine opinions of "shoe box" people like diddly squat!! The footy rooms are exemplary. Thanks to Max Cox and Tom Brodie from 1983 and many others .. including Carrachers .. in Longwood. Cheers John Carrot

Raising our age to Under 19 and catering for Under 15s would 'pit' 16 year olds against 19 year olds. We could offer the kids that come out from GVL clubs a one year clearance where they have the option to return to their GVL clubs the following year - or they may choose to stay and carve out their footy at KDL level.

We are trailing soccer by a long way at junior level. Imagine the issues we'd be facing if the senior soccer bodies in our region actually sorted their stuff out!

Many of us are guilty of looking at these problems from a personal (club/league) perspective and not at the game level.

Auskick has quite a few things working, but needs to look at its balance between participation and competition. The registration of $60 for a pack that is junk is unfortunate. What about kids registering at their local club, being provided with a new club footy jumper ($45 minus sponsorship) an appropriately sized Sherrin footy ($25) and a bag provided on the first year registered? The kids also need the opportunity to play against other centres. Imagine the knock on effects if Auskick were free!
Amazingly dumb and stoopid to RAISE the age defintion .. 4pharwksake??

Not bad Woody but Longwood have hot showers and toilets for both sides of netballers!!! .. let alone the pristine opinions of "shoe box" people like diddly squat!! The footy rooms are exemplary. Thanks to Max Cox and Tom Brodie from 1983 and many others .. including Carrachers .. in Longwood. Cheers John Carrot
JC what about the footy playing surface. We played there on the weekend and the surface took us back to the Thornton Eildon Days and even then they weren't as bad in condition as Longwoods. I hope the conditions improve come finals for those who have to play there..

JC what about the footy playing surface. We played there on the weekend and the surface took us back to the Thornton Eildon Days and even then they weren't as bad in condition as Longwoods. I hope the conditions improve come finals for those who have to play there..
Was that before them rains came back in '09? Hard to go past the Longwood fire drum and the White Hart Hotel!

Ease up on the Wombat there veggie man, WYD is a doggy man.... Well that's the team he barracks for I mean.... :D
Mr Smooth just need clarification on a few things if you don't mind.

A good mate of mine who is a regular at NFL games and frequents the Greensborough aftermatch functions has come up with the following news (not rumour but news)

* Lancaster have sought the services of Hayden Lamaro to coach next year with a huge monetary carrot
* Have already signed the travelling money merry go round Russ Lee and Jake Williams on amounts that I can't even type as my hand shakes too much when I think of the dollars involved.
*Have regained the services of Old Man Rigney and his two slippery sidekicks.

There will be more to come re the relocation of the Banyule Football Club to Lancaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good mate of mine who is a regular at NFL games and frequents the Greensborough aftermatch functions has come up with the following news (not rumour but news)

* Lancaster have sought the services of Hayden Lamaro to coach next year with a huge monetary carrot
* Have already signed the travelling money merry go round Russ Lee and Jake Williams on amounts that I can't even type as my hand shakes too much when I think of the dollars involved.

There will be more to come re the relocation of the Banyule Football Club to Lancaster.

Wow!!! Hayden Lamaro and his premiership side. Lancaster 2015!! Who will be the one to afford it in 2016 is the big question in country footy.

Welcome back Prez its been awhile but what a classic returning post you have presented to the good readers of bigfooty. My old mate Russ is on the move again hey, Would have to be huge dollars to unseat him from LG as the coin I am led to believe is a rather generous sum by no means. Not sure as to wether the LGFC would be impressed to hear one of their stars is already shopping himself around as they are sitting nicely on the HDFL ladder and will be a major player come September. But you have never know as money talks.. PS don't tell JC anyone..

Welcome back Prez its been awhile but what a classic returning post you have presented to the good readers of bigfooty. My old mate Russ is on the move again hey, Would have to be huge dollars to unseat him from LG as the coin I am led to believe is a rather generous sum by no means. Not sure as to wether the LGFC would be impressed to hear one of their stars is already shopping himself around as they are sitting nicely on the HDFL ladder and will be a major player come September. But you have never know as money talks.. PS don't tell JC anyone..
Thankyou Oh wise one. Must pop into Avenel one day and renew aquaintances with your goodself.

Do you still give freebies to those you love?

Yep heard all this in the last week or so. Havent been to much footy this year as the chalfmunchers have taken over a little bit, but was a bit surprised with the info especially the Lamaro part.

Thankyou Oh wise one. Must pop into Avenel one day and renew aquaintances with your goodself.

Do you still give freebies to those you love?

Yep heard all this in the last week or so. Havent been to much footy this year as the chalfmunchers have taken over a little bit, but was a bit surprised with the info especially the Lamaro part.
No feebies anymore as Riggas has to turn off the Hume abit earlier now thank god. He is still trying to run off the 20 boxes of cherry ripes he stole last year not to mention the 100's of wing dings. Perhaps this was the telling factor when we played them 8 weeks ago when he was on $250 per kick..HaHa

No feebies anymore as Riggas has to turn off the Hume abit earlier now thank god. He is still trying to run off the 20 boxes of cherry ripes he stole last year not to mention the 100's of wing dings. Perhaps this was the telling factor when we played them 8 weeks ago when he was on $250 per kick..HaHa

Here fishy, fishy...
image.jpg

Not sure there Prez? But I'll be sure to do my best Damien Barrett impersonation (really hate that prick tho) & sus out the news for ya.... But at this stage no I haven't heard that!

Maybe Chilcot might join them if there is any truth in the rumour getting around about the boys been left standing at the airport in Darwin and now the coach has walked, can you confirm bugs bunny?

Wow!!! Hayden Lamaro and his premiership side. Lancaster 2015!! Who will be the one to afford it in 2016 is the big question in country footy.
Even more interesting could be that over a thousand blokes will play in premiership sides this year in the VAFA and collectively they will be paid (JC will love this)...nothing. Even more deplorable is that quite a number will have recently retired from AFL ranks. o_O

Some very interesting reading here I must say, watch this space to see whether any of this stacks up!! Word is Old man Rigney known by many around the state as one of the best recruiters has been hard at work shopping around. I bumped into a local product in Ky on sunday and his mail is Rigney is on a fortune this year at the bats, everything baring the kitchen sink has gone into his pay packet each week. Ching Ching!!!!

Would be huge for club to gain the services of the Russell Lee show, age is catching up with him very quickly but still can get of the chain on his good day with 40 + Carlton draughts.

As for the Hayden Lamaro situation my mail he is done deal coaching Div 3 side South Morang next year, lives close by in Mill Park so makes sense and is taking a few from his premiership side at VT.

My other mail is Tyson Siddebottom with come to the rescue and take over the reins at Tally, brings a lot of experience and quality players will follow him.

Morning Lads, Wow hasn't this forum livened up in the past 24hours.
If the rumours from The Prez are true that would be fantastic for the league.
I have only seen Russell Lee & Jacob Williams play once which was the 2011 Grand Final when Violet Town thrashed Undera and Williams destroyed the Lions. Lee I think won the league medal that year if I'm not mistaken but had little to no impact on GF Day but he may have been carrying a injury but nevertheless it made no difference on the result but both guys are obviously very good footballers so would be great effort by Lancy to get them back to the KDFL, on the proviso that they can afford them on top of the what they are already paying their high profile recruits. Smooth Mover how are the recruits going? Perhaps an honest rating from 1-10 for each of them in your opinion.
As for Lamaro, would be very interesting if he were to go to Lancaster to coach, particularly against VT. would love Jaxbac's thoughts on this? What I have heard is that he has always had a hunger to go back to Euroa and help the club win a flag.

Not sure there Prez? But I'll be sure to do my best Damien Barrett impersonation (really hate that prick tho) & sus out the news for ya.... But at this stage no I haven't heard that!
Some very interesting reading here I must say, watch this space to see whether any of this stacks up!! Word is Old man Rigney known by many around the state as one of the best recruiters has been hard at work shopping around. I bumped into a local product in Ky on sunday and his mail is Rigney is on a fortune this year at the bats, everything baring the kitchen sink has gone into his pay packet each week. Ching Ching!!!!

Would be huge for club to gain the services of the Russell Lee show, age is catching up with him very quickly but still can get of the chain on his good day with 40 + Carlton draughts.

As for the Hayden Lamaro situation my mail he is done deal coaching Div 3 side South Morang next year, lives close by in Mill Park so makes sense and is taking a few from his premiership side at VT.

My other mail is Tyson Siddebottom with come to the rescue and take over the reins at Tally, brings a lot of experience and quality players will follow him.
That's close to what I heard as well but I heard Taygen Sage to coach, Lamaro as his assistant and taking Pearson,Power,Mithen and a couple of guys out Mernda way. He has also managed to get Daniel Sage out of retirement apparently for one year as well..Could Wheels pull the boots on for one final finale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back