Not open for further replies.

Albert Ross

Premiership Player
Nov 24, 2012
Portland, Victoria
AFL Club
GWS
Picking on spelling is poor form.

Particularly when you're wrong. The distinction between the Z and S options is more a function of social and education factors than nationality. In Australia both are acceptable, and according to Macquarie the usage ratio in Australia comes in at about three "s" to one "z".

Spell checkers are a tool, not a bible.

Agreed. Let's not get distracted from the debate about Ezzendon. :)

The lesson of all this is that Essendon should have made the arrangements very clear, very very much earlier. When you allow the media to speak to themselves they can work themseleves into a lather over nothing more than their own speculation. One journo speculates, another comments on that, then another refutes the second ... very quickly they begin hyperventilating and faiting like school girls waiting for the latest boyband to come onstage at Westfield.

I suspect the Bombers didn't see themselves making a late run for the finals. They imagined a dead round-23 match with Hird returning to the faithful as the selling point, all leading into a massive 2015 PR campaign. Bomber making round 23 and week 1 finals meaningful has caught them on the hop.

To too many Hird = Essendon. The return of Simon Madden to the board might be the single saving grace in this saga. Not tainted by the scandal, beloved player particularly by the older supporters, and an untainted reputation. I think Madden might be about the only person able to fire Hird without the club ripping itself into pieces.
Now where's the fun in that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
What's the story with Craig Hutchison and the Herald Sun? Did he get knifed or was he more/less slobbo than the real Slobbo and got told to go?

Watching the Sunday FS a couple of weeks back and they dropped his "still dirty at being sacked" which he nonchalantly avoided responding to.

when you start barracking for Damien Barrett you may as well give up on life.
Barracking for Barrett when he's wacking Robbo ain't so bad.

It's not nearly as bad as blindly supporting a coach who oversaw the biggest doping investigation of any Australian sporting club in our history while overlooking his interest in peds, his self injection of peds on the club premises and his links to convicted drug traffickers, when having literally no issue with the CEO, football manager and numerous others put to the sword and losing their jobs.

When you're that far gone and you can't see what is right in front of you, that's when you should give up on life.

*not saying that's you, btw.

Last edited:

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Patrick-Smith-Robbo-spokesman-for-Hird/70900

Patrick Smith has completely dismissed the legitimacy of Mark Robinson’s article taking aim at Paul Little and the Essendon board.

Speaking on SEN, Smith described Robinson’s column as merely a "rant" that only served to support the currently suspended Bombers coach.

“I think Mark Robinson’s column lacked intellectual rigour.

“I initially thought it was written by James Hird himself but it was so badly written I don’t think James would write that badly,” he said on Hungry for Sport.

expires

Club Legend
May 20, 2014
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon haven't stopped derailing seasons yet. First last year, now this year. I suspect it may even go into next year too. If you want them to stop doing that, I suggest you have a word with your club. They are the ones prolonging things now.

Long bow to say Essendon is derailing the season. They aren't the ones that issued the show cause notices. The derailing is the specialty of ASADA and supporters of the other 17 clubs.

expires

Club Legend
May 20, 2014
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
How about Essendon stops involving all other clubs in the s**t they brought upon themselves, you do realise this costs every club in lawyers fees etc not just Essendon, not too mention the damage it has done to the game.

Essendon it seems is willing to sacrifice anything rather than just facing up to the charges and by the way you have been penalised(not penalized this is Australia your spell checker is in US English) for the governance side of the charges the real penalties are still to be decided.

Penalized for bringing the game into disrepute. All over.

expires

Club Legend
May 20, 2014
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
You, and many Essendon supporters may have moved on, but unfortunately ASADA are only just now getting warmed up.
Stick around, its going to be a hoot

As your seeing this as fun times, I am absolutely sure you haven't been a grouch about Essendon derailing the season.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Did we already know this titbit from Caro today?

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird's former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-losing-support-20140728-3cpxj.html#ixzz38kwanVLL

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird's former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-losing-support-20140728-3cpxj.html#ixzz38kwanVLL
Wow wee. I didn't know that.

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini

Well, Caro is not getting Christmas cards from the Hird's, Robbo, Little or Nolan.

Enormous swipes all round. Harder hitting than Vickery.

Caro.jpg

Ooh, Caro!

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

So, not only does that prove that Hird has been feeding robbo. It also shows that the EFC members have been paying Hirds lawyer to do the feeding.

What a terrible rabble that place is........nuke the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back