No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a reason you cant get rid of 15-20 people in one foul swoop? Isnt the arguement for getting rid of the people that would be responsible? If we apply that logic they all should go, some shouldnt stay on because "we would lose too many people". If you start targetting specific people to leave then you fall in to the trap of targeting those with the biggest profile, not those with the most responsibility.

This is me asking the question, its not something im actually calling for.

We've already lost people from the Footy Department - Read Hamilton and Corcoran - Let's get rid of the whole footy separtment so that blame is equally apportioned !

It's nowhere near "as simple as that".

The bolded part - you have exaggerated the argument to the nth degree to try to make your point somehow convincing.
You've gone from participating in an argument where some posters said if any player is suspended, the whole (or in some cases, not all) the football dept should be sacked,
to
your "if" statement above.

Very different. Stick to the subject if you are going to argue the point.

You are naive if you think that the truth is somehow going to emerge from the mists as soon as prosecutions are mounted. Your statement that "if it is found that Dank gave the players a saline solution......etc" seems to indicate you are hoping that someone is going to lay out what actually happened.
Dream on.
At the end of any prosecution, no matter what the outcome, we are all going to be still arguing and speculating about what really happened. Maybe Dank used Thymomodulin. Maybe he never found out that WADA had added TB4 to its banned list until it was too late, for reasons that WADA or ASADA failed to list it, or that he was negligent. Maybe it was all a fraud on the club and the players never got what Dank obtained. Maybe this, maybe that......lots of maybes. Very few known definites.

It is never going to be "that simple".
Unless there is a smoking gun, the players, if they are suspended, will have been outed on a whole lot of maybes. Even if there is a smoking gun, there will not be any clear picture of the extent to which Dank & Robinson, alone, are responsible, and we are still going to have enormous scope to argue the extent of responsibility of others like Hird.

Nth degree? Mate, we have 34 players with a show cause notice from the anti-doping authority. The outcome of those SC's becoming IN's will be crippling if it eventuates. No exaggeration is required.

You're posting as though you know what evidence ASADA have to support their case. I haven't stated anywhere that I expect "someone it lay out exactly what happened", but ASADA haven't even begun to lay out their case and until such time as the process proceeds we will not know just how much information or evidence they do have. I'd suggest naïveté is thinking you've read all there is to know about the case in the media.

To reiterate my initial point. If we have players suspended due to doping infractions, Hird and Thompson are gone. Right or wrong, whether you like it or no; all the #standbyHird poster campaigns and #CutforHird twitter handles will not change that fact.

Last edited:
Whether there should be a debate and whether there is a debate are completely separate things.

There shouldn't be a debate. Hird is coming back and aside from a couple of posters' delusional fantasies, both Hird and Bomber support this.

There is a debate for whatever reason, and quite frankly it's not your job to say it can't be discussed.

We have a poll ( which of course is a guide ) which hardly suggests that one or two posters don't want Hird to return. Think the poll is running at 2/3 to 1/3 in favor of Hird returning.

If a single player is successfully infracted, the entire football department and support staff are gone.

That would include Hird, Thompson, Goodwin for a start.

The why is very simple. The football department asked for, and received a cutting edge supplements program. If it administered a substance that is banned - it (the football department) ultimately wears responsibility.

By the strict definition of roles - There are around 30 or 40 people in the footy department - We won't get rid of 30 or 40 people - it won't happen.

Well maybe not on Monday.

The club can certainly very quickly remove and replace a fair few people in a short period of time.

There will be little change - Goodwin and the like will survive - After all they weren't charged by the AFL - get the feeling that if Hird goes some would prefer to rip the guts out of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is anyone that is on that board, or even at that club who is leaking information of any kind to the media atm, they are worse than anything Hird has done in the last 5 months. They are the ones who should be sacked.

Chip Le Grand ‏@Melbchief now
Essendon board swears Hird to silence then apparently, starts briefing against him
http://t.co/q6m7A5vzi3
If there is anyone that is on that board, or even at that club who is leaking information of any kind to the media atm, they are worse than anything Hird has done in the last 5 months. They are the ones who should be sacked.
Is it the general consensus madden wants hird gone?

Just as there is debate on this board whether hird should return as head coach, there would certainly be the same debate happening on the board of the efc.

I can't believe something so simple is being debated so much by people who really shouldn't care and clearly just have nothing better to do. (I have nothing better to do currently fyi. :straining:)

The way I see it. We have 60,000+ members. The believe the majority of those members would prefer to see Hird return, does that seem right?

The board is supposed to represents the members.

If no INs are issued, how can they possibly justify not bringing Hird back. Surely our board wouldn't be that silly. The loss of membership alone would be massive if they did. I would also expect a lot of outrage from many members and pressure for major changes and a likely spill of the board.

I can't believe something so simple is being debated so much by people who really shouldn't care and clearly just have nothing better to do. (I have nothing better to do currently fyi. :straining:)

The way I see it. We have 60,000+ members. The believe the majority of those members would prefer to see Hird return, does that seem right?.
Nothing else much happening with this, that's why I think its being debated.

Good point regarding members. Small sample and a straw poll with the members I sit with. Out of the 10, 8 want him to return and 2 don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back