Food, Drink & Dining Out Kettle BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm keen to start doing some Texas style BBQ brisket, ribs etc. I've been looking at the Weber Kettle, I've found it on Amazon for around half the price of buying it locally. Does anyone have one of these and would you be able to tell me the difference between the Gold and Silver models?

Remember these things from the 80's, my pop had one, too young to remember what they were like.

this is from the website

The One-Touch Gold has all the features that made the One-Touch Silver world famous but instead of an open ash catcher it has a saucepan-like ash catcher that stops ashes blowing around.

I'm keen to start doing some Texas style BBQ brisket, ribs etc. I've been looking at the Weber Kettle, I've found it on Amazon for around half the price of buying it locally. Does anyone have one of these and would you be able to tell me the difference between the Gold and Silver models?

Don't know the difference between Gold and Silver but what I can tell you is BUY ONE!!!!!!!

You will never look back!

I personally find brisket over rated.
Would do beef ribs, pork and lamb shoulders and Ox Tri tip over brisket.

Still good though :)

Bought a kettle 12 months ago and have used it 3 times a week every week. Haven't cooked on a gas BBQ since. Real BBQ'ing as they say.

I find it is all about the charcoal. Try and get Red Gum from BBQ Galore's if you can.

Where do you get your charcoal from? What sort of coal do you prefer.

I ask this because the bags of sh1t that I am using now imparts the most unpalatable flavour. I used to get bags of red gum from BBQ's Galore, but they have halved the bag size and doubled the price.

Remember these things from the 80's, my pop had one, too young to remember what they were like.

this is from the website

Does the Silver have a hinged grill too? This is great for putting in smoking chips and adding more coals, you don't have to take the whole thing off. I've got a one touch Gold, it's great.

And listen to Lach72, campaigner knows his s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought my Weber Silver after a few recommendations on another thread on this forum about a year back. Had never used charcoal before but safe to say it was a great purchase, absolutely love it.

Does the Silver have a hinged grill too? This is great for putting in smoking chips and adding more coals, you don't have to take the whole thing off. I've got a one touch Gold, it's great.

And listen to Lach72, campaigner knows his s**t.

Silver has the hinged grill as well, its a really solid model.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back