Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
both the same age, height, weight and from the same draft. both are influencial midfielders to their teams and will likely be captains some day. who's better?

Rockliff is excellent but more of an accumulator but Beams more damaging with his goal kicking

Hasn't this been done before?

Anyway, Beams is the right player for Collingwood, and Brisbane is the right player for Brisbane. If you swapped them you'd made both teams worse.

I would take Rockliff every day of the week. I just really like the way he plays and if always very team orientated. I respect that.

Beams is a brilliant player and this is nothing against him. I just rather Rockliff.

With both at full flight, I'd take Beams, but right at this point in time I'd take Rockliff.

Beams is getting back to his best, though.

Both are underrated, people have hard ons for Danger and Fyfe but these 2 are just as good if not better.

Nah, they have foundations as good as those two but aren't on the same level in regards to burst impact that wins games.

Rockcliff. Easily.

Beams is a great player, but has spend basically all his career as the third best midfielder in his side (this year second best). Sure he is not always left completely unchecked but it is much easier playing behind 2 established guns then holding a struggling team on your shoulders. Would love to see what would happen to Beams if the roles were reversed.

Love Rockcliffs mongrel as well. Id take him before Beams in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams is overrated as he's often the second player mentioned (behind Pendlebury) whenever Collingwood are talked about.
Who would you mention in front of him? Cloke would be the only one, and he's always the second player mentioned. So Beams is always third mentioned, and is the 2nd best mid at that club currently.

Both are underrated, people have hard ons for Danger and Fyfe but these 2 are just as good if not better.
Danger and Fyfe play their best when it matters. Beams and Rockliff are great but more of accumulators but can be really damaging but not in the same level as Fyfe n Danger.

I Know it's not relevant any more but rockliff is actually a forward. Kicked 59 goals in the TAC
Possibly that's why he was overlooked in national draft? That they didn't know what position he would play at AFL?

Possibly that's why he was overlooked in national draft? That they didn't know what position he would play at AFL?
was overlooked because he was considered a poor athlete. didnt have any good athletic attributes like speed, agility, strength or endurance. luckily brisbane realised he was a natural footballer and drafted him for that reason

Danger and Fyfe play their best when it matters. Beams and Rockliff are great but more of accumulators but can be really damaging but not in the same level as Fyfe n Danger.
Thats just not true. Beams and Rockliff have both performed better than Fyfe and Danger in the big moments this year.

And Beams is also a very damaging player per disposal, as is Danger. I would say Fyfe and Rockliff are lagging behind them in that area.

was overlooked because he was considered a poor athlete. didnt have any good athletic attributes like speed, agility, strength or endurance. luckily brisbane realised he was a natural footballer and drafted him for that reason
Adding to that I'll quote Leppa "He goes alright for a bloke with his body"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back