Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Had a coffee with Brad Green recently,There is no chance Walks would be traded(highly regarded by all at the club),did mention a couple of possibilities who may seek a trade,not for me to mention names,but some are on this thread.

just curious but what is your relationship with Green? good insider to have.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I no he has just signed on this year an going no where but Jamison would of been a nice one to offer up an see what we got in return, what would he get in the open market, 1st rounder?

Can't help wondering of the make up of our list for next year.

Outside speed is obviously one of the key areas we'll be looking at but if we don't get it through the draft where do we go?

Trade but for who?

EDIT: It's already being discussed. :) Late to the party again.
No pressure but you better be good Fraser Russell..............:D

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't help wondering of the make up of our list for next year.

Outside speed is obviously one of the key areas we'll be looking at but if we don't get it through the draft where do we go?

Trade but for who?

EDIT: It's already being discussed. :) Late to the party again.
No pressure but you better be good Fraser Russell..............:D
Russell in rookie draft or bust.

bluelad

Team Captain
May 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If you care to read back over the last 20 pages or so, Marc Shmurf 3 dropped everyone the inside word that Carlton is going very hard at Boyd to get him at the end of year and he (and the club) are quietly confident that it will eventuate. Also did mention the club isn't after Tom Mitchell (or won't get Tom Mitchell - not that there is much of a difference to the end result).

Poster is reliable about the goings-on of Carlton behind the scenes which is why everyone is blowing a foofer valve about it :)
Thanks for the reply ShanDog. FINGERS CROSSED FOR BOYD!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't get much time to read a lot of posts here so apologies in advance but I see a supposedly connected poster says the club are into Boyd

Just how would we get him across??

I think I said the other day it'd need to be our first and second picks, might even need more as the second rounder isn't exactly a cast iron asset

He's a Carlton fan so I can see the point but I just struggle to see how it would be engineered

Would they be keen on Warnock?? I'm not sure he has much currency now given his recent demotion though he does get a lot of hit outs

Maybe it's a former no.1 who gets traded but Mick seems to value Kreuzers willing work ethic as do I actually

Losing a elite talent like Yarran is tantamount to robbing Peter so I don't see the point

I don't know. Just seems we need to add midfielders badly but getting Boyd means not being able to advance in the midfielder front at least not for another year

Maybe that's why MLG said we could struggle in 2015 as well !!!

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
True. But you have to admit Walker & Jeffy is in a different universe to Walker & pick 6.

It's a lesser offer but it addresses GWS needs.

Versatile role model who can play at either end and a little through the middle. Pacy small forward.
Might need further steak knives but if you offer up your first of the bat you have no chance of keeping it.

I feel 6 and 1AW would be enough but maybe we could get it cheaper and pick up a Petraca etc. through the draft.

bluekidjoe

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a lesser offer but it addresses GWS needs.

Versatile role model who can play at either end and a little through the middle. Pacy small forward.
Might need further steak knives but if you offer up your first of the bat you have no chance of keeping it.

I feel 6 and 1AW would be enough but maybe we could get it cheaper and pick up a Petraca etc. through the draft.

We won't get it cheaper while he's contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back