The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of Jay Rodriguez as we haven't given enough cash to Soton yet.

Also Lacazette. Lyon don't want to sell, but dangle a big enough carrot.

Lacazette would be a decent alternative to Remy, very similar player in terms of quality & style.

It is ridiculous that yet another Southampton player is being linked with us, but Jay Rodriguez is not a bad shout as a backup striker either to be honest. If we hadn't already signed Lallana, Lambert & Lovren I think people would probably be more open to the idea of signing him!

and a bit of a question re: the relationship between Serbians and Croatians these days, as we just signed one of each...do they still violently hate each other?

Haha would be even more interesting if we signed a Bosnian in Shaqiri as well!

To be fair though most young Yugoslavs are intelligent enough to recognize that this isn't their generation's battle (in the same way that the French & the Germans of our generation don't hold WWI & WWII against each other!). While there might be a bit of resentment over what happened in the past, in the majority of cases they're not going to have a go someone in their early 20's for something that happened before they were born. I know plenty of ex-pat Serbs/Croats/Bosnians who live over here that are friends with each other.

Unfortunately you get a couple of delinquents in every ethnic group who are looking for trouble for whatever reason and will use whatever excuse they can think of to start fights, but those sorts of people are very much a minority these days.

I'm okay with us buying a striker, convert Sterling to a central role, then buy a wide player, and we need to do it fast.

Firmly believe Sterling can become a 1 in 2 man

I was thinking that. Wouldn't be surprised to see us line up in that 4-4-2 diamond like this at times next season:

----------Gerrard----------
----Henderson--Can------
---------Coutinho----------
---Sturridge---Sterling---

Lallana, Allen & Suso also capable of slotting in to those advanced midfield roles.

I like Sterling in that no.10 role, defensively very committed, yet knows how to score goals or make a few. Not your typical let's pass them to death no.10 but it'd work, he's played his best football there

Won't be much difference between him playing upfront or just behind anyway, going by how hard he works on the pitch he'd play more false niney

Then as you say, Lallana Coutinho and Suso are all very capable in that apex spot

Unless we really rate Ibe, then I guess splash all that cash on a big name striker if they are available. But would like us to buy one more wide player

Tony Barrett has said today that the club's looking for one striker and two full backs

Everyone knows Rodgers is going through a nice physical makeover but if we sign Balotelli seeing him train like this, BR would lose his hair. No way Rodgers would want a guy this lazy playing up front pressing defenders.

@LFC_360: Watching the 3rd full Leverkusen match, from last season.

Emre Can operated as a RCB and LB. MotM. We have got ourselves a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much would Lacazette cost.. think he'd be a good alternative to Remy but really don't see us getting that sort of quality for that sort of fee.. really was a deal too good to be true.

I haven't seen a lot of Lacazette, anyone can brief me about him?

23 year old French attacker, capable of playing anywhere across the front 3, similar to Remy in style. Had his breakout season last year racking up 23 goals & 7 assists in 46 games. Sounds like it was a choice of him or Remy, we opted for Remy (I assume because of that release clause leaving him available for several million less than Lacazette would cost).

23 year old French attacker, capable of playing anywhere across the front 3, similar to Remy in style. Had his breakout season last year racking up 23 goals & 7 assists in 46 games. Sounds like it was a choice of him or Remy, we opted for Remy (I assume because of that release clause leaving him available for several million less than Lacazette would cost).

I saw a bit on him linked but not really from any respectable sources? Think he'd be a good get after missin on remy now.. although young and promising, price may be an issue? That was the beauty of the Remy deal.. cheap and we still had room for a big signing if we chose to go down that road..

Weren't great going forward, missing bit of creativity until Coutinho came on and passed it around

We have loads of blokes who run very fast but we need someone who can find them. Suarez linked up a lot of s**t for us, we need to find someone who can at least replace some of that inventiveness either from a central position or outwide
Yeah I thought we were poor in the final third and creating anything. During preseason Coutinho has dicked on everybody from that no 10 spot. He came on and played wide and didnt have the same impact. I think he needs to play that central role in front of Hendo and Gerrard for us to have success. Everything runs through him and he can pick out Sterling, Studge and Markovic at will.

Borini has nothing to do with the Remy situation.

Im sure Remy did pass his medical. He didnt keel over and die, the hole in the heart doesnt affect him passing a medical.

I think it obviously showed up. He passed the medical. Then we have sought out a second opinion and that was what the hold up was for. After weighing up the second opinion and everything that comes with his condition. We decided to walk away. Nothing to do with Borini.

Ill trust the club's judgement. Plenty more strikers out there.

Everyone knows Rodgers is going through a nice physical makeover but if we sign Balotelli seeing him train like this, BR would lose his hair. No way Rodgers would want a guy this lazy playing up front pressing defenders.

He is no chance of joining us. Rodgers is really heavy on attitude. He wants the guys with the right attitude first and foremost. It's why he loves Hendo. Super Mario simply doesnt have it going on upstairs to be able to play under Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back