Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMac should start running Shinboner 101 sessions at the club. It's sad that I sometimes wish we could magically put 3 or 4 years of experience into him now, so that he could already carry the club to where we should be. Mind you, IIRC Brad Hodge was already starting to have that sort of effect in his 2nd year. In watching Hodge last night I felt like watching LMac down the track. It's just a shame that we are having to put so many hopes into the kid as perhaps only Levi and LT, perhaps Lachie, have flown the flag for the club like Luke this year.

Hopefully has a huge pre-season in the gym. Already has a solid core and strong endurance running. If he can pack on the muscle to go with his courage he will be a battering-ram.

LMac should start running Shinboner 101 sessions at the club. It's sad that I sometimes wish we could magically put 3 or 4 years of experience into him now, so that he could already carry the club to where we should be. Mind you, IIRC Brad Hodge was already starting to have that sort of effect in his 2nd year. In watching Hodge last night I felt like watching LMac down the track. It's just a shame that we are having to put so many hopes into the kid as perhaps only Levi and LT, perhaps Lachie, have flown the flag for the club like Luke this year.

Handy footballer as well was he? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only real shining light this year? We're sitting sixth on the ladder, bound for finals! Sure the losses have been bitterly disappointing, but look at the bigger picture.
I agree ^^^

While our losses have been shizen due to lossing to bottom 8 teams we have beaten the cream of the crop (All bar Geelong above us and hopefully I have to edit in a couple of days.) PIG, Harvey in AA form, and most importantly we're a very good chance to play finals.

But yes Luke has been a very very solid contributor.

The only real shining light this year? We're sitting sixth on the ladder, bound for finals! Sure the losses have been bitterly disappointing, but look at the bigger picture.

Yeah nah. We are 6th but haven't looked a convincing strong team much this year. Credit where it's due beating stronger opponents but I'd like to know how we'd go against any of the same bunch in a final.

And finals ain't a foregone conclusion just yet.

Yeah nah. We are 6th but haven't looked a convincing strong team much this year. Credit where it's due beating stronger opponents but I'd like to know how we'd go against any of the same bunch in a final.

And finals ain't a foregone conclusion just yet.

We've lost convincingly to 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. Can't say I'm overly confident in an elimination final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back