List Mgmt. Round 1, 2015 Full strength team

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Tom Cutler, Daniel Merrett, Joel Patfull

HB: Pearce Hanley, Justin Clarke, Jed Adcock

C: Daniel Rich, Claye Beams, James Aish

HF: Dayne Zorko, Marco Paparone, Brent Staker

F: Lewis Taylor, Michael Close, Josh Green

R: Matthew Leuenberger, Tom Rockliff, Jack Redden

INT: Sam Mayes, Nick Robertson, Stefan Martin, Ryan Lester (Sub)

EMG: Ryan Harwood, Andrew Raines, Zac O'Brien
Gardiner traded to Hawthorn? That aside, great effort cheers!

Last nig compared to my pre season best 22 we had the following out

Redden, rocky, leuie, rich, Moloney, staker, brown, west.

Ie. almost our entire first choice midfield and our starting 3 tall forwards (on the assumption west started as 3rd tall)

Take those 8 equivalent out of any team and they'd really struggle.

Eg. At pies the list would be Pendlebury, swan, beams, sidebottom, cloke, white, grundy, goldsck (better quality obviously but that's why pies best is top 4 and our best his year was perhaps 8-10th)

Gardiner traded to Hawthorn? That aside, great effort cheers!

Haha no. :p I just think Cutler is slightly ahead of Gardiner at this stage. I see Cutler as a younger version of Joel Patfull. He reads the play well and provides rebound coming out of defense. I rate Tom Cutler highly. He's going to be a very good defender.

I know the below list is too young to have any consistency but it will help fast track our young ones development.
It also means that we have experianced bodies ready to go when fatigue sets in later in the year.

Cutler - Clarke - Patfull
Rich - Gardiner - Hanley
Aish - Robertson - Beams
Mayes - Close - Zorko
Green - Merrett - Taylor
Luey - Rockcliff - Redden

INT: Paperone, Martin, Lester
SUB: Bewick or Goose

B: Adcock Merrett Patfull
HB: Golby Clarke Harwood
C: Rich Rockliff Mayes
HF: Zorko Close Taylor
FF: Green Martin McGuane
Ruck: Leuenberger Hanley Redden
Bench: Lester, Aish, Beams, Raines

Starting to think I need to find room for Gardiner. Probably for Raines.

Gardiner, Crisp, McStay, Beams, Aish, Taylor.... Reddo would ahead of most of this weeks side.

What Reddo may have to work on is being dangerous while resting up forward.

I have a hazy memory of Redden making some useful little handballs in the forwardline. He might not ever be a goal-a-game type of player, but he could help the mozzies get into space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a hazy memory of Redden making some useful little handballs in the forwardline. He might not ever be a goal-a-game type of player, but he could help the mozzies get into space.

I also remember his strong tackling being a big asset up forward. Especially when our game plan seems to be around forcing repeat stoppages in the F50.

I know the below list is too young to have any consistency but it will help fast track our young ones development.
It also means that we have experianced bodies ready to go when fatigue sets in later in the year.

Cutler - Clarke - Patfull
Rich - Gardiner - Hanley
Aish - Robertson - Beams
Mayes - Close - Zorko
Green - Merrett - Taylor
Luey - Rockcliff - Redden

INT: Paperone, Martin, Lester
SUB: Bewick or Goose

Who would you make captain in that side? ;)

B. Adcock - Clarke - Patfull
HB. Bewick - Maguire - Harwood
C. Hanley - Rockliff - Rich
HF. Mayes - Staker - Paparone
F. Green - Merrett - Zorko
Ruck. Leuenberger - Redden - Aish
Inter - Gardiner, Taylor, Martin, Lester

Lester really only gets in because frankly we're still short of midfielders.

B. Adcock - Clarke - Patfull
HB. Bewick - Maguire - Harwood
C. Hanley - Rockliff - Rich
HF. Mayes - Staker - Paparone
F. Green - Merrett - Zorko
Ruck. Leuenberger - Redden - Aish
Inter - Gardiner, Taylor, Martin, Lester

Lester really only gets in because frankly we're still short of midfielders.
I actually think Cutler will be a near permanent member of best 22 next year. His DE is near elite and takes the game on. Leppa wants players in the backline with good DE. Against the Suns, our backline DE wasn't that great, imo.

Last edited:
I actually think Cutler will be a near permanent member of best 22 next year. His DE is near elite and takes the game on. Leppa wants players in the backline with good DE. Against the Suns, our DE wasn't that great, imo.

Yeah, my team is very conservative. There's bound to be someone coming from outside like Cutler.

I actually think Cutler will be a near permanent member of best 22 next year. His DE is near elite and takes the game on. Leppa wants players in the backline with good DE. Against the Suns, our DE wasn't that great, imo.

Cutler does look pretty exciting. For a big built guy he really moves well, uses it well (as you pointed out) and has a thumping kick--landed one easily from outside 50 early on, if I remember correctly. In the medium term I think he would be vying with Harwood/Golby for that spot, with another possibly taking over Jed's spot in the longer term. Maybe not round 1 next year, but I'm sure he'll get a decent crack at the spot during next year at least.

I'm also fairly confident Close will play CHF more weeks than not unless he has a real downswing. I really hope Stakes gets and stays healthy, but I think Close is developing nicely and the club seem to be pretty invested in him. After Staker's extended spell out and another preseason for Close, it may be a narrow margin between the two .

Cutler does look pretty exciting. For a big built guy he really moves well, uses it well (as you pointed out) and has a thumping kick--landed one easily from outside 50 early on, if I remember correctly. In the medium term I think he would be vying with Harwood/Golby for that spot, with another possibly taking over Jed's spot in the longer term. Maybe not round 1 next year, but I'm sure he'll get a decent crack at the spot during next year at least.

I'm also fairly confident Close will play CHF more weeks than not unless he has a real downswing. I really hope Stakes gets and stays healthy, but I think Close is developing nicely and the club seem to be pretty invested in him. After Staker's extended spell out and another preseason for Close, it may be a narrow margin between the two .
Agreed on all points. I personally don't think Close will be competing with staker as l think they play different roles (not sure). I probably would prefer McGuane at this stage but l don't mind Staker as long as he is consistently performing.

Merret, l don't know what Leppa has in mind for him but l think he is playing a different role to what we believe. It isnt so much getting 2,3 goals a game, l think it is more providing a presence and taking the number 1 defender away from Close.

Last edited:
Took a while to compose it, but I don't think I left anyone important out. Bewick and cutler will provide the back half with composure, skill and good DE.

B: Adcock, Clarke, Patfull
HB: Bewick, McGuire, Cutler
C: Aish, Hanley, Rich
HF: Mayes, Close, Papperone
F: Zorko, Merret, Green
Ruck: Martin, Rockliff, Redden
Int: Leuy, Gardiner, Taylor
Sub: Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back