FTA-TV Masterchef 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

well done brent, was by far the most improved cook , started out at the bottom of the top20 and improved 1000% by the end .. but with the ending you know the second person getting scored is going to win.. its been that way since season 1

I think tonight's result had a lot to do with Brent being in almost every pressure test and Laura not being in nearly as many. She didn't handle the pressure that well on the dessert challenge and didn't have as much attention to detail under pressure like Brent did.

I think tonight's result had a lot to do with Brent being in almost every pressure test and Laura not being in nearly as many. She didn't handle the pressure that well on the dessert challenge and didn't have as much attention to detail under pressure like Brent did.

Also the joke scoring on the mains! How the flying you know what did Brent get a 7/10 and Laura only 8's? Laura was AT LEAST a 9/10 main. I mean what were her mistakes with it?

Hope Laura continues though, and releases cook books as I love Italian cuisine!

Well done Brent. A deserving win. Laura would've been a deserving winner too. This season and the season with Adam and Callum were probably the only seasons where I was happy either way with whoever won.

Thought Brent showed a lot of improvement during the show and you could see how much he cared about learning new techniques and learning from the chefs they brought in for immunity challenges etc. I thought his presentation skills were amazing by the end of it.

Hopefully that gets a guernsey at Quay - looked awesome.

The right result in the end given how things played out. Reckon Laura, Emilia, Jamie, Sarah will all do well long-term. Impressed to see that more than a few are picking up work experience/apprenticeships as well.

Reckon you could have got on to Brent to win at about $501 right at the start.. Good on him, now lets see if he can actually do something with this unlike the rest of the previous winners.

I reckon winning the cash prize is a bit of a curse because you can pretty much retire now with smart investing and live a cruisy life, why blow it all on building a restaurant which could fail and means you have to work long stressful hours?

Thats why the runners up generally are the ones actually pursuing successful cooking ventures, did I read that Jamie is actually a head chef somewhere? If so thats awesome, looks well suited to that role and I look forward to him being a guest chef in future seasons.

You could see Gary and George were shattered Laura didn't put up a better dessert. Would have liked to see dessert queen Emelia have a crack at that one. Either would have been deserving winners, but for a long time it felt like this season was cruising towards Laura winning. She's so young so there's a bright future there if she wants it, I'm sure she'll do good things after this.

Congrats Brent. I wouldn't have even picked him for top 12, let alone winner. He's come a long way, from struggling to beat the lower ranked contestants at the start of the show to dominating the latter challenges against the top contestants. For me his win at Vue De Monde was his best victory, though his service challenge last night was a very complete performance too.

I'm surprised that people that make the finale still manage to burn so many things. One of the fundamentals of cooking is to not burn or under cook anything. Brent burnt his garlic and three sets of potatoes.

He also wins outside the kitchen, with a nice looking girlfriend. Who'd have thought that wearing a top knot could attract good looking girls? :p. I did think that it was kind of weird that he showed more affection towards his dad (and Laura) than his gf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with that result. Brent lucky with that main not tasting burnt. Then Laura's dessert would have been screwed if they didn't spell out to her what she had done wrong.

Thought the fix might have been in once Gary somehow gave Brent and Laura both an 8 but all turned out correctly.

When he gave 8's I thought we might see a draw for a second

He also wins outside the kitchen, with a nice looking girlfriend. Who'd have thought that wearing a top knot could attract good looking girls? :p. I did think that it was kind of weird that he showed more affection towards his dad (and Laura) than his gf.

I think once they introduced his missus it put to rest all the Emilia rumours :p

Happy with that result. Brent lucky with that main not tasting burnt. Then Laura's dessert would have been screwed if they didn't spell out to her what she had done wrong.

She wouldn't of had a dessert and even after all the help she got she still stuffed the plating. I think it was the first pressure test and Brent said it was tough because he has always struggled a bit with reading, so I think that means he concentrated more on understanding the recipe where as Laura breezed through it and thus made mistakes.

Interesting Jamie seemed to pick it up straight away from the gantry, but thankfully it seemed they had banned yelling out tips to them

Congrats Brent. I wouldn't have even picked him for top 12, let alone winner. He's come a long way, from struggling to beat the lower ranked contestants at the start of the show to dominating the latter challenges against the top contestants. For me his win at Vue De Monde was his best victory, though his service challenge last night was a very complete performance too.

I'm surprised that people that make the finale still manage to burn so many things. One of the fundamentals of cooking is to not burn or under cook anything. Brent burnt his garlic and three sets of potatoes.

I thought what was interesting... Brent didn't seem that close to his gf. Only the occasional hug and kiss no massive embrace when she first arrived. Was more inclined to hug laura so I reckon their is something going on there...

I couldn't believe Brent's gf (Madison ancrum after a quick google). I thought they must have been going out for years and he pulled her at like 17. Which was true when I researched

I couldn't believe Brent's gf (Madison ancrum after a quick google). I thought they must have been going out for years and he pulled her at like 17. Which was true when I researched

Apparently shes on next top model next season

Brent would be crazy to go for Laura or Emilia over her

Excellent review, some brilliant stuff in there.

As the finalists are reunited with their loved ones, Amy wipes away a tear on the balcony, reminded of how the MasterChef producers still haven’t returned her own family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back