Boycott Port Power Sponsor "White Marquee Event Hire"-

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone post the comments that accompany the article?

Michael
32 minutes ago

Geez, we hear worse in the stands from all sets of supporters. Can't everyone just grow up?

FlagShare
2LikeReply

Dale
36 minutes ago

I'm proud of the way Port Adelaide take the lead and jump all over supporters that overstep the mark, there is no call for anything but sportsmanship between supporters, the players show us the way, it is only a game after all.

FlagShare
3LikeReply

Kym
42 minutes ago

Now I know where the tarps are from. Agree with jane. Not just me not using this business but about 65% of general public. Good luck with that you goose.

FlagShare
3LikeReply

Annette
1 hour ago

Policeman/woman, business owner, Kym's and others you're all slightly (deranged). These forums should be banned. For 50% of those who write comments, there are the other 50% who use it to make an intelligent comment on the article. Then there is the 50% who use it to have a go at the Power/Crows. Let's face it, Port supporters hate Crows, Crows supporters hate Port. Both supporters are the same. Neither can see it but it's true. Meanwhile, the other states don't give a damn about either side. They don't care if Port/Crows have been a team since 1632 or 2001. They don't care if they're a manufactured side (Fremantle, West Coast, GWS, Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swans). Nobody cares about Port except Port supporters. Nobody cares about Crows except Crows supporters. Crows supporters don't care if they're called Cows. Arrogance reigns with both supporter bases.

FlagShare
4LikeReply

kym
2 hours ago

GOOD NIGHT IRENE GOOD NIGHT IRENE..great song

FlagShare
1LikeReply

Dean
2 hours ago

Port wont have any supporters left if they keep this up..

FlagShare
LikeReply

Jane
2 hours ago

Now I know who NEVER to use-thanks for the heads up.

FlagShare
5LikeReply

Paul
2 hours ago

I get a bit tired of the words used to describe port fans. As I police officer and believe me there are a number of us we are all port fans. This bloke went over board and was told. Perhaps next time there is a tasteless reference to port fans the owner of the comment can be criticised as well.

FlagShare
6LikeReply

Irene
2 hours ago

Paul Excuse me Paul but as a participant paying your bloody wage, pull your head in and grow up! This comment was made by a MAJOR Sponsor of your team. How dare you compare childish remarks by Crow supporters as that of a sponsor of a club. Get real or perhaps if you carry on like this while on the job then you should join the dole line......your intelligence is obviously negatable with a pea as I can't believe you would mention your career as if we would give two hoots! Police are just as rude and arrogant as everyone else who are rude supporters, the difference is you could book someone just for their colours and you are showing them here in my opinion!

FlagShare
3LikeReply

Paul
2 hours ago

Isn't there freedom as speech any more . I pay more tax than you ever have done and as a 40 year veteran I take exception from your comment and tone. I have paid my dues and would give everyone a fair go. Perhaps you should do the same thing. Appropriate penalty here was a caution and that's what he got. I would suggest he's had his chance and now knows.

FlagShare
5LikeReply

Irene
2 hours ago

Paul No there is no such thing and you know what you should know that if you really are a police officer. No swearing, no abuse. You have not given anyone a fair go, just look at the comments on all threads whether they are port or crows supporters. I am sick of that idiot Kym calling crows the cows but I dont cry about it, you did stipulating the horror at supporters calling power names. This man is suposed to be an up standing citizen and the club took the right stance, told him to cut it out. It has nothing to do with any other supporter its about him.

FlagShare
LikeReply

kym
2 hours ago

IRENE Paul never have i called the crows followers the cows...will get the monitor to check..sure i am 100% right..dont make up things?

FlagShare
1LikeReply

kym
2 hours ago

IRENE Paul on your high horse as usual

FlagShare
1LikeReply

Paul
2 hours ago

Finally last word wake up the world's around you or don't you like us as well.

FlagShare
1LikeReply

Dean
2 hours ago

IRENE Paul Not quiet sure what being a copper has to do with anything.. However Irene I am sure he pays a large amount of tax towards his own wage.. I personally think society

Apart from the anti-gay comment if your going to have a go at another teams supporters on your personal account (although the account does use his business for a profile photo and its full of marketing for his business, so its clear he is representing his business) then whatever but to then accept money from us during our games?! no Crows supporter should support them.

Last edited:

Kym
42 minutes ago

Now I know where the tarps are from.
19b9d_ORIG-thats_gold_jerry.jpg

Not even worth worrying about. I do take umbrage at the "anti-gay" call in the article. The English language is a living, breathing evolving creature, the term he used, whilst poor was in no ways anti gay...unless the newspaper article itself is inferring that all Crows supporters are gay. Sometimes I think the politically correct in our society will push any wheelbarrow they can in hope that they can make a point, even if it is incorrect.

Not even worth worrying about. I do take umbrage at the "anti-gay" call in the article. The English language is a living, breathing evolving creature, the term he used, whilst poor was in no ways anti gay...unless the newspaper article itself is inferring that all Crows supporters are gay. Sometimes I think the politically correct in our society will push any wheelbarrow they can in hope that they can make a point, even if it is incorrect.

The South Park episode on the word gay is brilliant on this topic.

Someone is worried about that one horrible night in September occurring again for port power.
May be on to something as he couldn't seriously see port finishing top-2 if he had half a brain... But going by his comments doesn't appear the brightest bloke & just alienated 65% of his customers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me this is just another story that is killing this whole narrative that Port Power can't do anything wrong and we are struggling. Recently it was in the press that a Port Power fan was the first to be banned from Adelaide Oval and stories like this are horrible for the power PR department.

Consider their drop in form and the negative press related to that, Vic media running with 'they have been worked out by opposition teams, they are tiring etc.'

There has been a lot of good news stories for us recently, headlined by Trigg leaving of course.

Oh my god shut up. I absolutely hate when things like this come up on these forums because it ends up being yet another excuse for someone to complain about the evils of 'political correctness' - you know, that same HORRIBLE mechanism that stops persecuted people from being blatantly belittled and discriminated against by wider society like they historically very clearly have been throughout our nation's history. Yeah, screw trying to hold society to higher standards. In the words of Stewart Lee, "if there is some fallout from this, which means that someone in an office might get in trouble one day for saying something that someone was a bit unsure about because they couldn't decide whether it was sexist or homophobic or racist, it's a small price to pay for the massive benefits and improvements in the quality of life for millions of people that political correctness has made".

"******" is deliberately being used as a pejorative. Just because he POSSIBLY is just using that word as some kind of all-purpose insult and isn't necessarily trying to suggest that every crows support is a homosexual does not remove the anti-gay stigma attached to it. There is a long history of that word being used to belittle homosexual people. It isn't okay just because someone fails to take the 0.5 of a second required to remember that words mean things.

Good old News Corp click-bait :rolleyes:

You don't even need to click on the article for it to scream click-bait :rolleyes:
It's a nice change they didn't get their news from Reddit

Oh my god shut up. I absolutely hate when things like this come up on these forums because it ends up being yet another excuse for someone to complain about the evils of 'political correctness' - you know, that same HORRIBLE mechanism that stops persecuted people from being blatantly belittled and discriminated against by wider society like they historically very clearly have been throughout our nation's history. Yeah, screw trying to hold society to higher standards. In the words of Stewart Lee, "if there is some fallout from this, which means that someone in an office might get in trouble one day for saying something that someone was a bit unsure about because they couldn't decide whether it was sexist or homophobic or racist, it's a small price to pay for the massive benefits and improvements in the quality of life for millions of people that political correctness has made".

"******" is deliberately being used as a pejorative. Just because he POSSIBLY is just using that word as some kind of all-purpose insult and isn't necessarily trying to suggest that every crows support is a homosexual does not remove the anti-gay stigma attached to it. There is a long history of that word being used to belittle homosexual people. It isn't okay just because someone fails to take the 0.5 of a second required to remember that words mean things.

But it wasn't anti-gay and the article writer was using political correctness to make a point that wasn't there. The fact that you need to be so aggressive in response to my point is truly worrying and I'll leave it at that.

But it wasn't anti-gay and the article writer was using political correctness to make a point that wasn't there. The fact that you need to be so aggressive in response to my point is truly worrying and I'll leave it at that.
Again, just because he's (by your conjecture) failed to remember that that word has been used for a long time in the persecution of homosexual people, doesn't detach that sentiment from the word. The point is that you should think about your audience - especially when publishing things in a public, or semi-public medium. You can't refer to Tom Lynch with the N word and then say "he's obviously white, nobody be offended - I meant it in a broadly offensive way, not a specific one."

But yeah, alright, I'm happy to leave it with you making the point that "******" isn't anti-gay. Us politically correct folk truly are the scourge of society.

Again, just because he's (by your conjecture) failed to remember that that word has been used for a long time in the persecution of homosexual people, doesn't detach that sentiment from the word. The point is that you should think about your audience - especially when publishing things in a public, or semi-public medium. You can't refer to Tom Lynch with the N word and then say "he's obviously white, nobody be offended - I meant it in a broadly offensive way, not a specific one."

But yeah, alright, I'm happy to leave it with you making the point that "******" isn't anti-gay. Us politically correct folk truly are the scourge of society.

Stop it, you are embarrassing yourself

Oh dear. Long live free speech and free will. May the authoritarian control freaks like yourself never get in positions of power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back