No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

getting sick of reading the Collingwood fans' excuse for this decline that they're a young team. That's of their doing. You don't get a list of blokes into their prime and not build around them. They could've kept Thomas, Dawes, Wellingham and Shaw and were a massive destination club in a position to extend their premiership tilt in the way the hawks have and even Geelong have by being aggressive list managers. Instead they've lost these players, obviously underwhelmed and under performing in the new regime, and replaced them with hacks like Young, White and Lynch. Then they've sung and danced about how clever they were recruiting such spuds.

They were a top 4 team in contention and showed themselves the door early. They said "hmm, not sure i like being good now, i'd rather be good in the future".

It makes me particularly angry because our coach walked into a club that had already recently lost about 10 of its core players across 2 seasons and actually HAD to build through the draft. Bloody Collingwood are giving a valid excuse (of being young) a bad name.

Instead they've lost these players, obviously underwhelmed and under performing in the new regime, and replaced them with hacks like Young, White and Lynch. Then they've sung and danced about how clever they were recruiting such spuds.
This is the one that gets me. Apparently he has elite kicking skills according to most commentators and most fans. I don't see it at all and don't understand what he offers.

If the ladder stays as is, the first week of finals would be as follows:
Hawthorn v Geelong
Sydney v Fremantle
Port v Adelaide
North v Essendon

Crazy. All rivalries. Would be an amazing first week.

Yeah I heard that.. Watching it on tv, no chance it looked like there was 60K there
I went to the game (had free tickets), the Olympic stand (where I sat) was packed as it was one of the only GA areas, the Ponsford stand was not even half full and there were bugger all MCC members. I dunno why they didn't rock up to be honest, perhaps yeah it's the 440 timeslot. There were a few Adelaide fans there, easily 3-4k of them. There were 2 8-9 YO Adelaide kids sitting behind me and geezers they knew their footy, they knew like every Adelaide player and read the game well also, twas surprised of their early footy knowledge.

Finals showdown better be more interesting than the last one!

I was anticipating blood, bone and sinew strewn across the landscape, and it ended up being an absolute pasting in Adelaide's (from memory?) favour.

North vs Essendon... I'd rather watch cars drive past our apartment window for two hours.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a few Adelaide fans there, easily 3-4k of them. There were 2 8-9 YO Adelaide kids sitting behind me and geezers they knew their footy, they knew like every Adelaide player and read the game well also, twas surprised of their early footy knowledge.

Of all the non-Melbourne based teams, it seems to me that Crows fans unlike any other will TRAVEL to the game (as opposed to Swans and Lions fans who are Melbourne based through past lineage). There would probably have been closer to 5-6K if the time slot was more fan friendly to them so they could get there and back to Adelaide in the one day. Trust me it's not the easiest thing in the world to do (I did it once from Brisbane to Adelaide last year, almost missed the return flight after sleeping at the departure gate).

Their state across the board are great travellers. Always bring big, noisy crowds to the 21st century when they play Victory in the A-League.

Port are good travellers when they're going strong too, I'm kinda lenient on them for that matter unlike others given the crap they've had to put up with over the years.

Of all the non-Melbourne based teams, it seems to me that Crows fans unlike any other will TRAVEL to the game (as opposed to Swans and Lions fans who are Melbourne based through past lineage). There would probably have been closer to 5-6K if the time slot was more fan friendly to them so they could get there and back to Adelaide in the one day. Trust me it's not the easiest thing in the world to do (I did it once from Brisbane to Adelaide last year, almost missed the return flight after sleeping at the departure gate).
There were buses galore in the car park next to Hisense would've seen at least 8-9, I suspect many of them aren't too bothered with the long road trip down the A8. Bus leaves at 8pm gets to Adelaide by 6am in the morning, quick shower and off to work lol.

So just found out that GCs reserves is sitting winless in the NEAFL :eek: even GWS are sitting on 12-2 with a huge percentage. Terrible depth. These teams are starting to scare me less and less tbh

So just found out that GCs reserves is sitting winless in the NEAFL :eek: even GWS are sitting on 12-2 with a huge percentage. Terrible depth. These teams are starting to scare me less and less tbh
We have guys like lower, gooses, prismall and Russell in our 2s Doggies. Good coast don't have any of that mature talent in their neafl squad. Makes a big difference.

We have guys like lower, gooses, prismall and Russell in our 2s Doggies. Good coast don't have any of that mature talent in their neafl squad. Makes a big difference.
I get that but that's why we're arguably the best team in one of the top leagues out of the AFL. Huge difference from winless in the worst state league in aus. Those guys add good experience but a lot of the work is still done by our kids. What's the go with GWS team? Do they have many mature players because they are doing great.

We've seen first hand that the top young kids in the country can regurally dominate state level, hell they don't even have to be top kids, look at Honey at pick 60. With GCs concessions there's absolutely no reason they should be that bad.

I get that but that's why we're arguably the best team in one of the top leagues out of the AFL. Huge difference from winless in the worst state league in aus. Those guys add good experience but a lot of the work is still done by our kids. What's the go with GWS team? Do they have many mature players because they are doing great.

We've seen first hand that the top young kids in the country can regurally dominate state level, hell they don't even have to be top kids, look at Honey at pick 60. With GCs concessions there's absolutely no reason they should be that bad.
Good coast injury list is 12 players long. Ours is 3. That also makes a massive difference to how your 2nd team performs.

Agree totally that they don't have the depth some think doggies. Gws have good talent at neafl level though.

Good coast injury list is 12 players long. Ours is 3. That also makes a massive difference to how your 2nd team performs.

Agree totally that they don't have the depth some think doggies. Gws have good talent at neafl level though.
Yeah true didn't factor that in, still think with their concessions they should have better depth though. Agree on GWS, whether they translate over to good afl players well that remains to be seen.

Yeah true didn't factor that in, still think with their concessions they should have better depth though. Agree on GWS, whether they translate over to good afl players well that remains to be seen.

They'll never improve until they balance their list. They're in a freakin awful cycle of drafting top end talent and then having it walk away for unders.

Need to go hard to get more guys in the right age bracket or they'll never move up the ladder. SOS is the worst.

They'll never improve until they balance their list. They're in a freakin awful cycle of drafting top end talent and then having it walk away for unders.

Need to go hard to get more guys in the right age bracket or they'll never move up the ladder. SOS is the worst.
Yeah I can see what they're trying to do, take some more talls now that they can trade later to balance out their concessions over my years and keep their list ticking over. But it's never going to happen that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back