guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
thnks so much jake for wearing the tiger jumper with passion,pride and determination every timer you played for our great club,,, whatever you do in retirement i hope its succesfull and brings you great happiness,,, hope you may coach with us next year help bring on the young cubs although i know thats unlikely ,,god bless and have a ball

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
thnks so much jake for wearing the tiger jumper with passion,pride and determination every timer you played for our great club,,, whatever you do in retirement i hope its succesfull and brings you great happiness,,, hope you may coach with us next year help bring on the young cubs although i know thats unlikely ,,god bless and have a ball

Associates with undesirable types and sets a horrible example to children. Should be ashamed of himself.

Jake+King+Nate+Anderson+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+jblLZaX9jvol.jpg

Jake+King+Nate+Anderson+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+X8MTY6f7Pmel.jpg

Jake+King+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+v+Richmond+criu1-kBOU5l.jpg

Sep 29, 2003
A pineapple under the sea
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
He always gave 100% and wore the jumper with pride. If we could instil these qualities in the rest of the team we would be one of the top sides.

You've got to admire someone who makes the most of their ability; there are plenty of more talented players who have achieved far less in their careers.

Thanks for everything Jake!!!

Blinger

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Well done Kingy on your time with the Tiger's. You definitely made the most of your ability, even though some what limited. If only players with more ability had your ticker we would be a lot better football club than what we have been. You will be missed by many, including myself.

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
for the last 5 years, everyone and their dog have been calling for his head. said he was too small, not enough footy smarts and not enough skill to be a good footballer. he may not have even been good enough to play league footy for any other team, but over the course has proven to be indispensable to the club - in fact became the barometer of the team. that means he has been massively underrated in AFL circles or our club is poorer than we think, or a little of both (my opinion is number 3).
he will be missed and in my head he took that mark against the saints and it went down as the greatest mark in history.

Well done PUSH UP!!

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Associates with undesirable types and sets a horrible example to children. Should be ashamed of himself.

Jake+King+Nate+Anderson+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+jblLZaX9jvol.jpg

Jake+King+Nate+Anderson+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+X8MTY6f7Pmel.jpg

Jake+King+AFL+Rd+15+St+Kilda+v+Richmond+criu1-kBOU5l.jpg

Exactly this!

I normally dont get on radio and ring SEN. But I did this morning, just before 9am with Maher and gaze. I just could not help give a whack to the AFL and media saying jake will be remembered for his friendships. IMO he will be remembered by most for his large hart, his efforts for his club and team mates and as importantly, his special efforts for those that are not as fortunate as himself ala nate.

What he did for nate, was beyond special.

Jake, I am proud to say mate I would be stoked if one of my sons, turned out to be half the bloke you are.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
In this era of "win at all costs", with it's saturation coverage and I want it all now mindset, I reckon we lose sight of what "Footy" is, a bloke like Jake King is what "Footy" is, at all levels, in all clubs there are blokes like Jake King, they aren't the most talented, but they get games ahead of the more talented, they want it more, they aren't the best educated, but they do more for the club and community than the better educated, they care more, they give everything!
I love Jake King and I hope he stays around the Richmond Football Club in some capacity, one of my favourite Tigers, ahead of many who were far more talented and played many more games.
Thank you Jake.

Back