Preview Rnd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Thursday 31st July @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website is saying that the boys are training at subi oval wednesday arvo from 3-4.30pm. No mention if it is a open session or not.

I might try and take my young fella along, he loves the Judd man and it might be his last chance to see him.
Sweet! Thanks for that :) I couldn't find it on their website

After the great win over the Kangas it will be interesting to see which Carlton turns up on Thursday night. Some of the media have been harping about how the Blues are on the right track but this week and the following four are shaping to be the most instructive around where we are really at.

I would like to see a bit of run added back into the team for Fremantle. Garlett's pace would fit the bill. I hope the selectors have maintained their nerve after giving Wood and Waite a game last week. An element of risk taking by the coaching staff is vital. It's effect on the opposition cannot be underestimated.

Fremantle's place in the top 4 is on the line here. They will be playing for keeps.

Hope we go all or nothing. St Kilda did. Only way to play is to rattle the bastards and keep rattling them until the end.

Or we could do a Roos: limit the loss to five goals or so while kicking four or five ourselves. Mick of course won't be lauded as a genius afterwards.

One of my friends who goes to watch the boys train has word that looks like Gibbs & Docherty pulling up really sore and maybe in serious doubt to make the trip up to Freo, hope not

Have to see how they progress this week on the track, funny i didn't see much wrong with anyone after the game than Menzel & Everitt. Week off would of helped you'd think

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know for certain is - everyone will tip us to lose. But if we lose, they will can us and react like we're a lost cause who just lost to GWS again.

All I know for certain is - everyone will tip us to lose. But if we lose, they will can us and react like we're a lost cause who just lost to GWS again.

Think there's a difference between losing to GWS and losing to Freo.....

Ughh who cares. People waste so much energy worrying about what everyone else thinks.
I actually dont watch any news or footy shows and dont read the paper, any footy media i getr exposed to is the links i click here so its great in my footy bubble :D

Think there's a difference between losing to GWS and losing to Freo.....
That's my point. The reaction externally when we lose to a good team seems equal to a disastrous loss. Look at when we lost to Port rd 1. Sydney a couple of weeks ago.

Expecting a flogging by Freo. Lyon would have torched them after that Saints game, and we'd have added a notch to the belt after the Roos win (which was a very good team performance - probably best of a bad season).

I expect Freo on the Patersons turf will monster us. I'd love to see us finish with a win or be within 2 goals by the end of it. That way I'll know that they've had a red hot dip.

As good as Wood was v North, I can see Sandilands monstering him around the ground. I'd bring Kane Lucas and Denis Armfield in for this game. I'm not a great fan of either, but you need these types on the Patersons deck. And who knows, if magically Lucas can hold his tackles he might offer something and he's actually decent when he has the pill in hand.

Graham must start without the Subs vest. This is cherry ripe for Garlett but he hasn't done anywhere near enough at VFL level to earn a recall, so if they've got the cojones they need to leave him there.

Worrying if Gibbs is not right to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back