Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we all know Sir James' reputation has taken the biggest hit since the injection scandal broke I don't think Robbo is too far behind. While he was never a respected journalist there was an every man quality to him that made him fairly inoffensive. His conduct during the scandal has changed this, and I don't think he can recover. He has allowed his loyalty to determine his reporting, and you can never recover from that. I would not be surprised if he slowly disappeared from view over the next couple of years.

I find the whole debate on Essendon fascinating. I find it hard to believe supporters would want Hird to return. He is an average coach at best and allowed those under his guidance to be lab rats. If Buckley did the same I would not want him back at the club. But I understand the club taking the ASADA battle to court, and their fans supporting this, for the simple reason that the alternative is so unpalatable. If it was Collingwood I would want them to do the same.

I guess these 'revelations' end once and for all which party is responsible for leaks to the media. As if was ever in doubt. The transparency and immaturity of his strategy was always obvious and is now laid bare for even the lay Essendon supporter to see.

And the Essendon supporters foot the bill once again for the leaks.
Why, for once don't they question what exactly their membership fees are actually funding?
I can understand the Hirdashians blindly acquiescing to paying for anything Albert deems necessary, but so far the $millions in legal fees, $2million in fines, Alberts $million sabbatical, more money for alberts lawyer to brief Robbo.(Maybe chippie Legrande, Hanke and others as well)
When will the honest everyday Essendon supporter shout " enough is enough"?
Surely they want their money to go to the club, players, staff, to upgrade club facilities.
Not for one mans ego driven agenda. Talk about blind adulation.
This will end costing near $10 million or more. (That's without IF there are any player suspensions, settling with the Weapon, or any other costs to come)

Time for the membership to wake up, gullibility will only go so far.

Last edited:
I guess these 'revelations' end once and for all which party is responsible for leaks to the media. As if was ever in doubt. The transparency and immaturity of his strategy was always obvious and is now laid bare for even the lay Essendon supporter to see.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to open their eyes. Pretty sure you are incorrect in regard to the bold.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to open their eyes. Pretty sure you are incorrect in regard to the bold.
Agreed Baklur. It is not a rational position by Essendon supporters as they 'love' James Hird and the happiness he brought them as a player. Eventually the pain he has brought to them will enable them to see him a 'little' more clearly but he is an expert at emotional manipulation and has a lot of disciples to spread his message. It is almost inconceivable that the happy emotions he brought them as a player or coach were cheating. Only harder heads and more centered individuals like Simon Madden can see through this and challenge the members to act more in their self-interest. Business heads like Little attach Hird's popularity to theirs to fulfill their needs from being business arseholes. The AFL recognised this by trying to gently get Essendon to face the issues but that backfired as their zeal for Hird and Hird's messiah complex went to work.

There is little point getting Hirdites to be rational, it is not going to happen as they fear nothingness if they do. Madden and Co are telling the supporters that their club is Essendon not Hirdsdon. Seems crazy to the rest of us I know.

So much fun to be derived from this.

Personally I like spotlight shining on the the steaming turd of Little's "hands on" style. I'm surprised it's taken this long for the peasants to grumble about the performance of the self appointed king.

Many a club has been undone by a business baron who imagined football was a business like any other. It isn't, it is a very peculiar beast. David Evans immediately understood that the AFL wasn't the enemy, Little didn't.

Basically Hird took Robbo out one night on the town and by association Robbo was able to land a one nighter with a Hird groupie. Robbo hasn't had any since that night and he's hoping that by supporting Hird he may get some action again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still could be a problem for them as King James will use the members to fight for his crown. He will do anything to sustain his role as King. He is prepared to bring down the club. It has been shown that he was prepared to sacrifice his players, 'whatever it takes', all or nothing. It will require the players and lots of others to oppose him. Remember Armstrong, he was ruthless and prepared to bring down anyone to maintain his crown. You can see from the Essendon posters on BigFooty that they will be prepared to stand by Hird no matter what the reality is. It is a large cult and it will require massive resistance within the Club to come out of it. The older wiser members will be more thoughtful but the younger ones attached to the cult will cut their throats for him. I may yet come down to expulsion from the AFL as Madden and Co may not be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back