SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto, now I'm writing off Wenty CarlostheJackal. I reckon the top 4 is now sealed with both South and Wentworth losing on the weekend, with Imps and Red Cliffs the favs to play off in the big dance. What about the McLeod, who's the favourites ATM..?

Righto, now I'm writing off Wenty CarlostheJackal. I reckon the top 4 is now sealed with both South and Wentworth losing on the weekend, with Imps and Red Cliffs the favs to play off in the big dance. What about the McLeod, who's the favourites ATM..?

Jarrod McNally will win the McLeod

Sounds like the whole Red Cliffs points thing is now dead in the water, I don't believe that there will be any more points deductions. All Motlops to play finals, smash imps in the big one by 80+, next year it'll be called the Red Cliffs Football League until they go broke in 5 years....

Sounds like the whole Red Cliffs points thing is now dead in the water, I don't believe that there will be any more points deductions. All Motlops to play finals, smash imps in the big one by 80+, next year it'll be called the Red Cliffs Football League until they go broke in 5 years....

You'd think it would be as simple as; Are they over their points or not? followed by an explanation. Apparently the SFNL board will meet in 2 weeks time and make a final ruling. Has anyone got Red Cliffs version of why they are not over?

How could all the motlops play they where cleared . Besides RCs points would not allow it

Gee......that got everyone going pretty quick. There will be a SFNL meeting before the H&A season concludes, however my mail is that red cliffs will be safe, the rules surrounding the points system will be ratified and strengthened to stop this debacle happening again. Current list will be eligible to play finals, including the "seconds" listed players.....

I never believed the ding dongs had that much influence or smarts, now writing SFL policy. The remaining teams in the race should invoke one of Stone Wall Jackson's civil war quotes. "There shall be war, it will be so and when it comes, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".

Let's not forget about the other two sides most likely to play finals, Irymple and Mildura. Both are capable of putting together enough quarters to knock off the big 2. Both sides have match winners, with Eaton, DeAngelis, Hodson, and the Pezz for Irymple; and Rogerson, Morrell, Matthews, Vallence, and O'Callaghan for Mildura. For me, Mildura are the more threatening with their youth flying under the radar. There would be more homework required to be put into the Demons than the Swallows IMO, should be a cracker of a finals series.
Who's the coaches on the move next year? Will someone give McKenzie another go? Walder done and dusted at Merbein? Robinvale will require another coach.

I never believed the ding dongs had that much influence or smarts, now writing SFL policy. The remaining teams in the race should invoke one of Stone Wall Jackson's civil war quotes. "There shall be war, it will be so and when it comes, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Didn't Jackson play half back for University in the late 1800's...? Ordinary footballer but helluva swordsman....

Delray you sound like a man in the know. Whats your latest on the whole Redcliffs debacle???

Sth and irymple have cases with the sfl currently..... But a debacle is a monumental understement.

Game day counting should have been brought in 4 years ago. Because they have not red cliffs are 100% In Breach of the rules.

If the sfl now pass the rules to game day count and let red cliffs of the hook they would be close the biggest laughing stock in country footy.

Wise man once said you can't have ur cake and eat it too. Sfl must amend the rules to game day count however red cliffs have to be judged on the current rules!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sth and irymple have cases with the sfl currently..... But a debacle is a monumental understement.

Game day counting should have been brought in 4 years ago. Because they have not red cliffs are 100% In Breach of the rules.

If the sfl now pass the rules to game day count and let red cliffs of the hook they would be close the biggest laughing stock in country footy.

Wise man once said you can't have ur cake and eat it too. Sfl must amend the rules to game day count however red cliffs have to be judged on the current rules!!!!

Heard that Irymple have gone to the VCFL rather than SFL with their inquiry.
Only 2 outcomes possible 1. Red Cliffs let off (SFL laughing stock) 2.Red Cliff stripped of points (unhappy Red Cliffs committee and supporters & a shitload of coin down the drain)

Thanks Delray. Hopefully Red cliffs lose there points! Not a fan of the way they have gone about the last few seasons anyway!!

Whose everyones tip for the Flag?

Is there likely to be many clubs on the hunt for new Coaches next year?
I believe south need a new coach, someone from outside the district. There last few coaches have come from within the club (willason then Boake) there players need to be pushed and get out of there comfort zone

There would have to be a few clubs on the hunt for coaches next year.

Imps - stick with current coaches
Red Cliffs - can't see moncur going again
Wentworth - Might nearly be the end for Alvey
Merbein - Surely need a change
South - not sure about this one
Robinvale - very unlikely for Atkinson to go again
Mildura - Can't see any change
Irymple - not sure here either

Red Cliffs blatantly cheating, RC used 22 points all last year so they know the points system.
Been caught out & trying to blame everyone but themselves, now making it us against them.
Facts are stay within your points limit & this wouldn't be happening so the SFL have to rule loss of premiership points & % since round 8 & RC to miss the finals.

There would have to be a few clubs on the hunt for coaches next year.

Imps - stick with current coaches. Aint broke don't fix it.
Red Cliffs - can't see moncur going again. Who cares after this years effort.
Wentworth - Might nearly be the end for Alvey. Will stay for one more.
Merbein - Surely need a change. Walder still contracted for another year but things not good out there.
South - not sure about this one. Boake has resigned so will look for a new coach.
Robinvale - very unlikely for Atkinson to go again. New coach def.
Mildura - Can't see any change. Youth starting to come good.
Irymple - not sure here either
. Eato has to go on.

. Eato has to go on.

South president has confirmed Boake will step down at end of year.

If the sh*t hits the fan at Red Cliffs, odds are that Moncur heads back North with two teams in SFL left in disarray from his recruiting and spending habits.

Eaton will go again and probably Donato too with a solid young list.

Text are you saying he ripped the heart out of Robinvale and doing the same at Red Cliffs. Not a great advocate for his own reputation management. The fiasco needs to be sorted by the SFL sooner rather than let this amble on towards the finals. A debacle that has been handled poorly by the league

Text are you saying he ripped the heart out of Robinvale and doing the same at Red Cliffs. Not a great advocate for his own reputation management. The fiasco needs to be sorted by the SFL sooner rather than let this amble on towards the finals. A debacle that has been handled poorly by the league
I wouldn't say heart, but certainly their wallet.

Jimmy Kennedy kicked 4 in the 2's and in the best! Sorry son can't get you a game in the 1's, you don't fit in our points. Way to support young indigenous footballers bah bah!
He did play 5 senior games for the year, although he was listed in the points table as a non-senior player and allocated zero points, so I guess they kinda stuck to the rules on that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back