Who is your least favourite celebrity?

Remove this Banner Ad

When he insists that NIRVANA is always spelt in all capital letters it crosses a line imo, just one example

Why shouldn't he have a say in how his band is represented though? He could tell record companies or people he likes it written in Arial Rounded Bold and he'd still have the right to do so.

Of course you can dislike him. Just seems an odd reason.

People don't seem to get the Capper at all, his whole persona takes the piss, sure he probably is full of himself but he exaggerates it to boost his profile. I have heard from a few people that the guy is actually not a bad bloke, dont just see him for what he portrays.
From my experience, he's definitely not the fruitcake he makes himself out to be in the media.

He was sensational at the last away Ashes as a commentator.

On that topic, I'll say most of 9's commentary team.

The Brits were far from perfect, but it was an absolute pleasure to sit up until 3am every day when these guys were actually talking about cricket and the history of where the tests were being played. Warne, when in that environment, followed suit and was great.

Our boys are more in the BOY OH BOY WOWEEEEE category of callers, who need to make everything about themselves and their ridiculous pranks that they build up all day.

Let people watch cricket FFS.

I found Nasser Hussein discussing Durham College at 1am when they were playing in Cardiff far more interesting than Slatts raving about Davey Warner's T20 record.
The newer Aussie commentators are terrible. We've been spoiled with Richie and Tony and the like but the newer crop are all peanuts. Like you said, they'd rather spend an over bantering at each other over who was better in their day before launching into a Block promo, than actually commentating on the whats and whys of the actual play. Slats is the worst, but Heals and Tubby aren't much better.

He was sensational at the last away Ashes as a commentator.

On that topic, I'll say most of 9's commentary team.

The Brits were far from perfect, but it was an absolute pleasure to sit up until 3am every day when these guys were actually talking about cricket and the history of where the tests were being played. Warne, when in that environment, followed suit and was great.

Our boys are more in the BOY OH BOY WOWEEEEE category of callers, who need to make everything about themselves and their ridiculous pranks that they build up all day.

Let people watch cricket FFS.

I found Nasser Hussein discussing Durham College at 1am when they were playing in Cardiff far more interesting than Slatts raving about Davey Warner's T20 record.
The best thing about the English cricket commentators is they recognise the value of silence.

The problem with Nine's current crop is they grew up listening to the Twelfth Man and now they are trying to live up to the caricatures instead of the real thing.

What Nine's cricket coverage really needs now is a firm rule that any of them who have ever played in the same team together are not allowed on air at the same time.

Local:
Scott Cam
He's a good bloke. Acts like a tool on TV and has sold himself out big time but 10 years ago (or however long ago Backyard Blitz started) he was just a knockabout tradie with barely a cent to his name. He used to drink at the Mill Hill in Bondi Junction and would always chat with my old's when we went for dinner (we lived about 200 metres from the door). I would've been mid to late teens. About 7 years after he found fame I was working at the Australian Golf Club when he came for a function. He spotted me and came over and had a chat and remembered my name which was pretty good seen as they I would've been 17ish the last time he saw me so must have changed a bit.

No doubt he got lucky as *, but he's made the most of it.

That being said I can see how people who don't know him reckon he's a bit of a tool. He hams it up big time for the TV.

They were known but it was definitely the catalyst of their fame.

I don't really have a problem with it. They target a specific kind of people with their fame, and they're not exactly trying to disillusion people into thinking they are talented.

They were known but it was definitely the catalyst of their fame.

I don't really have a problem with it. They
target a specific kind of people with their fame, and they're not exactly trying to disillusion people into thinking they are
talented.

It's interesting that middle aged Mums like to buy magazines because a 'socialite' made a sex tape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it's Kristen Stewart

View attachment 69921

lol for me too

I-Dont-always-smile-but-when-I-do-I-dont-Kristen-Stewart-Meme-Twilight-Vampires-Werevolves-Edwar.jpg

Any celebrity who gets creamed over by the main commercial stations.

Redfoo - omg tennis racquet omg hair omg dancing

Joel and brother Madden - 'twatwos' (or the 2 twats with tattoos) - as Stratton_Gun summed up so well - KFC and PETA ads - pick a side you *heads

Danni Mignoe - she is an actual ******* child.

Chris Brown - woman beater. It's funny - an athlete (NFL, AFL, NBA, soccer) will hit a woman and feminists everywhere will (quite rightly) decry their violence (all violence should be frowned upon) but some douchebag who can dance can bash his gf and it's ok because she probs deserved it anyway :thumbsu: this *head should be in gaol, society would be better off

Shane Warne - great cricketer, excellent commentator, but * off with your soap opera life. I don't watch sunrise, i don't read the celeb pages, I don't have twitter - yet this plastic tool is everywhere

Celebrities like Hugh Jackman, NPH, Jennifer Lawrence, Rupert Grint - those that seem down to earth and are not always in my eyes on TV and stuff etc - I like them. Not bitter for their money or success. Madden brothers, Redfoo, Danni Mignoue...yep I'm bitter because they are campaigners

Currently I would have to say Ian Thorpe. In my opinion it was a publicity stunt the timing of his announcement. Now he is conveniently the front page of all Comm Games advertising. Coincidence? I think not.

It's all fairly subjective celebs could seem like flogs yet other seem alright and turn out to be complete flogs. Read on a thread and few different people confirmed / agreed nick maxwell, seems like a really hateable guy with a face the needs a punching, but is actually nice genuine guy and very likeable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back