Indian Tour of England 2014 (On Fox Sports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cook wanted to cling onto Prior . Even though he was only about 80% match fit at the start of the summer.

It would be nice if Alex Hales got a look in the team because he is just as explosive as Buttler.

Drop Cook and have Hales and Robson (who will come good) as openers. Probably needs some FC runs though to be fair.

I might stick Hales down the order. Call me insane but he reminds me of KP. Got a brutal range of shots .

He does but I disagree. Actually is a technically sound bat, and needs to bat in the top 4. He has shots but they are orthodox! I would still consider getting rid of Ali. Come on lets be realistic here his pies shouldn't come into this. I still feel Bell is BETTER at number 5. Hales at 4, Root at 6.

He does but I disagree. Actually is a technically sound bat, and needs to bat in the top 4. He has shots but they are orthodox! I would still consider getting rid of Ali. Come on lets be realistic here his pies shouldn't come into this. I still feel Bell is BETTER at number 5. Hales at 4, Root at 6.

I dont rate Ali. There is talent around county cricket so I dont know why they have picked some average plodders in the test teams this summer. No way should we have struggled v Sri Lanka and India at home.

I dont rate Ali. There is talent around county cricket so I dont know why they have picked some average plodders in the test teams this summer. No way should we have struggled v Sri Lanka and India at home.

I agree, and it is a worry if Ali is being played. If he is in your top 6 bats sure, but you don't play a batsman because they bowl occasional off spin!

This pitch is a joke! Can curators give the bowlers something please. Will be a draw.

The pitch had enough in it on day one - tinge of green, perhaps a bit slow, but India didn't bowl well or take their chances. You would expect the pitch to be at its fastest and best on Days 2 & 3 - which it is.

Given England have posted a massive total, unless India bat very well tomorrow they are a big chance to get rolled over because I fully expect the track to break up on day 4 & 5. Whether Ali and Root are capable enough, I'm not sure.

I dont rate that innings at all. No pressure, should of been out early. Shows nothing for the future of his test career, was a limited overs innings.
Wait until he faces a fired up Mitchell Johnson next year, when he comes in with the score at 5 for 60 :).

The pitch had enough in it on day one - tinge of green, perhaps a bit slow, but India didn't bowl well or take their chances. You would expect the pitch to be at its fastest and best on Days 2 & 3 - which it is.

Given England have posted a massive total, unless India bat very well tomorrow they are a big chance to get rolled over because I fully expect the track to break up on day 4 & 5. Whether Ali and Root are capable enough, I'm not sure.
Anybody know the weather forecast for the last 3 days of the game?

Wait until he faces a fired up Mitchell Johnson next year, when he comes in with the score at 5 for 60 :).
I've been listening to the BBC a lot. The obsession with Mitchell Johnson is scary, he literally has put the wind up every Pom. If he can be anywhere near top form - next ashes then he and whoever offsides him could have a big tour.

I've been listening to the BBC a lot. The obsession with Mitchell Johnson is scary, he literally has put the wind up every Pom. If he can be anywhere near top form - next ashes then he and whoever offsides him could have a big tour.
I really hope Johnno has a big Ashes series next year. Craig McDermott has done wonders with him - it's like he's transformed into a left arm Curtly Ambrose, such has been his dominance since that Brisbane Test last November. The Barmy Army have been strangely silent about him of late :)

I really hope Johnno has a big Ashes series next year. Craig McDermott has done wonders with him - it's like he's transformed into a left arm Curtly Ambrose, such has been his dominance since that Brisbane Test last November. The Barmy Army have been strangely silent about him of late :)

Lillee is the man, not Billy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think Harris is going to be the destroyer.

Bell only makes runs on very flat English tracks

embarrassing really

Say what! He was the only bloke making any runs in England last time, would hardly call raging turners and greentops 'flat"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back