This place is going down hill - fast

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether it was a troll or terrible thread doesn't matter, a few decent points were raised, while people actually contributed.

I think the Club Room has been a success. Initially, I was against the idea, but having it seen it in place I think we can categorically say it's been a success. It gives the place more of a community feel, and also allows people to do something over the break, if they choose to.

I don't think the season is too different to last, regarding media, apart from the fact that there's a lot more interactive media such as the betting, the tipping and the fantasy Exie game.

In terms of actual media, we have Danoz's Monday Night Talking Qooty, the collaboration of Inside Qooty, and is there anything else?

Looks a little on the short side, but what did we have last season? Okeydoke's media thread, which was always great, unless you were on the receiving end. The Flogcutters, I had my Alf Andrews thread which was updated sporadically, a few here's and there's with Bengwatkins and The Filth Wizard.

A little more last season, than you would say this season, although that may be skewed considering how much content is actually posted in the Inside Qooty. And which is composed of a LOT of rookies, which is commendable. It's certainly not my cup of tea, and imo, lacks a certain polish if you compared the media threads to last season's, but ultimately, you will never get the same each season, because nothing stays the same, and even if it were, people would complain about that also.

For me, the biggest difference is the massive influx of players. I wasn't around for the season that the last 2 expansion bids were introduced, so the influx of 2 new teams, and the rookies from everyone else on top of that, makes the place feel disjointed imo. Well, from the people who don't trawl on these boards as much as everyone else.

But I suppose that's the point, as our Qooty personas grow older, we're meant to grow more irritable and bitter and yell that Gen Y rookies are so inconsiderate and know nothing of quality posting. The enthuthiasm is passed down, and we ultimately retire, to never come back and our legend is forgotten.

That got dark quickly.

No. The jokes on you! Apparently, is that the way it's supposed to go? Or is the joke on me? We can never tell.
I'm just trying to work out if he meant to say America, but accidentally put Australia, or whether he meant to do that as a joke, or if he just didn't realise he was wrong. I still don't get it.

Whether it was a troll or terrible thread doesn't matter, a few decent points were raised, while people actually contributed.

I think the Club Room has been a success. Initially, I was against the idea, but having it seen it in place I think we can categorically say it's been a success. It gives the place more of a community feel, and also allows people to do something over the break, if they choose to.

I don't think the season is too different to last, regarding media, apart from the fact that there's a lot more interactive media such as the betting, the tipping and the fantasy Exie game.

In terms of actual media, we have Danoz's Monday Night Talking Qooty, the collaboration of Inside Qooty, and is there anything else?

Looks a little on the short side, but what did we have last season? Okeydoke's media thread, which was always great, unless you were on the receiving end. The Flogcutters, I had my Alf Andrews thread which was updated sporadically, a few here's and there's with Bengwatkins and The Filth Wizard.

A little more last season, than you would say this season, although that may be skewed considering how much content is actually posted in the Inside Qooty. And which is composed of a LOT of rookies, which is commendable. It's certainly not my cup of tea, and imo, lacks a certain polish if you compared the media threads to last season's, but ultimately, you will never get the same each season, because nothing stays the same, and even if it were, people would complain about that also.

For me, the biggest difference is the massive influx of players. I wasn't around for the season that the last 2 expansion bids were introduced, so the influx of 2 new teams, and the rookies from everyone else on top of that, makes the place feel disjointed imo. Well, from the people who don't trawl on these boards as much as everyone else.

But I suppose that's the point, as our Qooty personas grow older, we're meant to grow more irritable and bitter and yell that Gen Y rookies are so inconsiderate and know nothing of quality posting. The enthuthiasm is passed down, and we ultimately retire, to never come back and our legend is forgotten.

That got dark quickly.

Damn, you also fell for it.

Nek minnet...

Nek nek minnit

500px-Evil_Clown_Doll_2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ******* losers

Still going.
If you justify your existence in this competition by claiming you always get a reaction out of people, then why do you criticise the reaction?

I, for one, completely understand your angle and attitude towards posting in the SFA. It's good fun, occasionally, to cause a bit of a stir about not much (not that I think this is even an example of that).

But you constantly then go with the "LOLZ caught my fish hahaha sucked in gotcha!!~!" crap. Unlike others, I rate your work. I think the place is better with you around. It's just that crap that I don't like. If the SFA needs people stirring the pot, they also need people to be...Whatever is in the pot!

Anyway, your standard response will be that your comment prompted yet another fish in your net. CBF.

You ******* losers

Still going.

What's disappointing is the fact that this thread could have been a great discussion point and you really could have made a tangible difference to this competition.

Instead more people just think you're a *******.

What's disappointing is the fact that this thread could have been a great discussion point and you really could have made a tangible difference to this competition.

Instead more people just think you're a *******.
I'm trying to find time to listen to the podcast (off-topic now). Is it worth it? IE - Am I mentioned?

I'm trying to find time to listen to the podcast (off-topic now). Is it worth it? IE - Am I mentioned?

It's worth the listen just to hear Gee Dub's answer to his rather curly question towards the end.

The 'Worst Mascot' List is also good.

If you justify your existence in this competition by claiming you always get a reaction out of people, then why do you criticise the reaction?

I, for one, completely understand your angle and attitude towards posting in the SFA. It's good fun, occasionally, to cause a bit of a stir about not much (not that I think this is even an example of that).

But you constantly then go with the "LOLZ caught my fish hahaha sucked in gotcha!!~!" crap. Unlike others, I rate your work. I think the place is better with you around. It's just that crap that I don't like. If the SFA needs people stirring the pot, they also need people to be...Whatever is in the pot!

Anyway, your standard response will be that your comment prompted yet another fish in your net. CBF.

Someone needs to explain to me how he has stirred the pot here? If anything he has stirred himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back