List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how they view Wright I suppose. They're done drafting best available it's all for needs now and if they view Wright as the final piece to be that forward-ruck they might go for it. I don't think they'll be trading any until Cameron is signed though.

Depends how they view Wright I suppose. They're done drafting best available it's all for needs now and if they view Wright as the final piece to be that forward-ruck they might go for it. I don't think they'll be trading any until Cameron is signed though.
Apparently they rate Petracca highly.

If we get Patton or Boyd

450110.gif

Durdin or Petracca I would think.

i agree. apparently GWS are very confident he will extend at the end of the year

if frawley leaves melbourne. malceski goes to melbourne. i wonder if sydney will be interested in any of gwilt/gilbert?
If Malceski leaves it's because they can't pay him what he wants, so i don't see how they would pay Gwilt/Gilbo what they would be after.

if frawley leaves melbourne. malceski goes to melbourne. i wonder if sydney will be interested in any of gwilt/gilbert?

I really hate the idea of trading Gilbert right now, just because his recent bouts of injury ( last two years, apart from that he's not injury prone ) mean that he's not going to fetch a very good trade.

If Malceski leaves it's because they can't pay him what he wants so i don't see why if they can't pay Malceski how'd they'd pay Gwilt/Gilbo what they want.

valid point...unless we help chip in and pay some of that contract. i'd be open to it, if we got a good younger player out of it via trade or the draft

pretty unlikely though i guess, given gwilt FA and gilbert injured

valid point...unless we help chip in and pay some of that contract. i'd be open to it, if we got a good younger player out of it via trade or the draft

pretty unlikely though i guess, given gwilt FA and gilbert injured
I'd assume Gilbert is on a handy pay packet after those few brilliant years he had in our finals years.

Not sure who posted it but apparently the club think Gilbert is a big part of our structure if true not sure they'd trade him with a few defenders on the wrong side of 30. Unless they got a decent trade offer or something. Will be a FA next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd assume Gilbert is on a handy pay packet after those few brilliant years he had in our finals years.

Not sure who posted it but apparently the club think Gilbert is a big part of our structure if true not sure they'd trade him with a few defenders on the wrong side of 30. Unless they got a decent trade offer or something. Will be a FA next year

if we are keen on keeping geary/gwilt/gilbert, i wonder who pelch is eyeing as a trade. i get the feeling we are working on something again and have another ace up our sleave...

if we are keen on keeping geary/gwilt/gilbert, i wonder who pelch is eyeing as a trade. i get the feeling we are working on something again and have another ace up our sleave...

I don't think its that simple.
I think last year's trade was completely opportunistic. ie everyone is available for the right price , but that price isn't going to be a bargain.

Well I've been convinced . Let's get Boyd this year and also pick up Mckenzie . Then next year throw the sink at dangerfield and pick up the best midfielder with our next couple of picks . Fixed

If we are that keen on Boyd with #1 , why not just take Wright?

2mp is just as big but is more flexible and has a better aerobic capacity. He's essentially a 200cm+ version of Roo.

Well I've been convinced . Let's get Boyd this year and also pick up Mckenzie . Then next year throw the sink at dangerfield and pick up the best midfielder with our next couple of picks . Fixed
Love where your heads at, but I'm not sure you'd be able to play Boyd and McKenzie in the same forwardline. Both are big power forwards with a small ability to ruck; I'd rather have Stanley rucking than either of them...

That is, until Roo retires... Then CHF opens up...

Love where your heads at, but I'm not sure you'd be able to play Boyd and McKenzie in the same forwardline. Both are big power forwards with a small ability to ruck; I'd rather have Stanley rucking than either of them...

If we all of a sudden had too many good ruck or forward options they could be on sold for 1st round picks for quality mids . = tables turned

If we all of a sudden had too many good ruck or forward options they could be on sold for 1st round picks for quality mids . = tables turned
I really don't want the AFL to turn into the NFL... :(

theres still hope white and lee will come through. given stanley has demonstrated that he is quite mobile, we could see him play higher up the ground and let boyd take that deep fwd role, using his height and strength. with rhys in the side it allows him to play all of his time in the fwd line, with one of white/lee. preference would be white, allowing him to run high up the ground and use his athleticism on the run. lees more suited inside 50.

HF Billings White/Lee HFF
F FP Boyd Stanley/Lee

if we do get boyd i think we need to target a very quick small, as that fwd line is looking a bit top heavy and slow. remembering billings isnt exactly quick and is more of a lecras/bartel

if we did get pick 3 back (unlikely), pickett would be amazing to compliment boyd. extremely good when the ball hits the deck, able to zip through traffic. rarely misses the sticks. problem will be the go home factor. the other option is to move steven down there as he gets older, maybe montagna, although that hasnt worked lately.

maybe punt on a johansen. maybe try and pry out one of these quick smaller players from brisbane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back