2016 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hewitt-Matosevic clash in R32 at Citi Open, so at least an Australian is guaranteed R16. Most of the Aussies are in the 2nd half of the draw, where Raonic and Isner are the only remotely scary opponents. Tomic is in an okay part of the draw, a chance to make the SFs.

Hewitt-Matosevic clash in R32 at Citi Open, so at least an Australian is guaranteed R16. Most of the Aussies are in the 2nd half of the draw, where Raonic and Isner are the only remotely scary opponents. Tomic is in an okay part of the draw, a chance to make the SFs.
Oh well. Better luck next time.

Also in Canada John Patrick Smith lost to top seed Marcos Baghdatis 6-4 5-7 7-5. Good effort against Marcos. Jordan Thompsons match with Taro Daniel got suspended due to darkness with the score at 1 set all as did Matt Reids match with the score at 2-2 in the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a new Australian in the ranks now...

Ajla Tomljanovic has switched from Croatia to Australia

Yep absolutely farcical judging by what has come out so far. Tested positive from a test that was conducted in the first round of the qualies at a futures tournament in Melbourne. First time I have ever heard of this happening at a futures tournament. Also read that if he had been tested on a day that he wasn't playing then he would have received no punishment. It amazes me that a guy can get a two year suspension for something like this whilst a number of sports, in particular tennis, have a joke of an anti doping policy. It's that pathetic you actually believe the innocence of athletes caught doping because if they were actually making an effort to dope it is incredibly unlikely they would be caught given how flawed the testing procedures are.

Yep absolutely farcical judging by what has come out so far. Tested positive from a test that was conducted in the first round of the qualies at a futures tournament in Melbourne. First time I have ever heard of this happening at a futures tournament. Also read that if he had been tested on a day that he wasn't playing then he would have received no punishment. It amazes me that a guy can get a two year suspension for something like this whilst a number of sports, in particular tennis, have a joke of an anti doping policy. It's that pathetic you actually believe the innocence of athletes caught doping because if they were actually making an effort to dope it is incredibly unlikely they would be caught given how flawed the testing procedures are.
Remember when hingis was banned for 2 years for cocaine use. Just ridiculous. She had such a minor trace of it in her system that it could have come from another source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back