MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook comments section much better entertainment than bigfooty
Oh god, now that place is embarrassing for footy comments. You're almost better off reading Hun comments.

Serious question from a neutral fan to this particular game, is that really as bad as Lake's choke?

It was a dumb thing to do, but I thought 3 weeks was about right myself

Serious question from a neutral fan to this particular game, is that really as bad as Lake's choke?

What did you expect with all the whinging and whining from everyone in the footy community ? It's probably a 2 or 3 weeker

If it wasn't, then should the choke have gotten more or should Vickery have gotten less?

Tigerbob

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm, Bushies

How dare you?

Can't you follow every other idiot and demand it a criminal act and ban him for life.

Wouldn't surprise me if West Coast appealed and showed footage of a Cox burial during the week. Weak *ers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn't, then should the choke have gotten more or should Vickery have gotten less?
Well regardless of the grading of the Lake choke (which I thought deserved 5-6), seeing as the tribunal adjudicated over both Lake and Vickery, the comparison is pretty valid given the lake suspension was only a couple of weeks ago.

So given that lake was given 4 weeks (410 points) which is the actually less than Vickery (495 points), so which offence was worse? for mine that is Lake's easily, which is why given that Lake got 4 weeks, I feel 3 was about right for Vickery

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Well regardless of the grading of the Lake choke (which I thought deserved 5-6), seeing as the tribunal adjudicated over both Lake and Vickery, the comparison is pretty valid given the lake suspension was only a couple of weeks ago.

So given that lake was given 4 weeks (410 points) which is the actually less than Vickery (495 points), so which offence was worse? for mine that is Lake's easily, which is why given that Lake got 4 weeks, I feel 3 was about right for Vickery
Not to mention Vickery apologized before hand and straight up accepted the punishment, without trying to argue a defense at all. Unlike Lake who denied he was in the wrong the whole time.

thats the thing I dont get about the lake penalty

when i was growing up you were taught its a rough game, but there is a line. Dog acts (ie everything Chris Judd did) is not cool

for me, choking a guy on the ground is a dog act

Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne
thats the thing I dont get about the lake penalty

when i was growing up you were taught its a rough game, but there is a line. Dog acts (ie everything Chris Judd did) is not cool

for me, choking a guy on the ground is a dog act

I have never seen a dog choke anyone?

May 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Copy n paste plz
"King hit from behind, unsuspecting victim. 12 month ban in any other grade of Aussie Rules. Gutless."

"once again the vfl not afl has spoken. vics will always look after their own. what a disagrace. if this happened on the street he would be inside now, but not the vfl, slap on the wrist and he can play again this year. I hope Richmond show some balls and show him the door, but I won't hold my breath. all you vics out there just remember Fyfe got a week for ACCIDENTAL high contact. You are all a huge "

"Weakest dog in the AFL. Self confessed hardman."

"People saying that's harsh are you f@&$ing serious, a round house punch to the side of the face and your saying his punishment is harsh, get off the crack pipe and cheese burgers ya clowns his punishment isn't harsh enough"

"Only 4 should of being at least 8 weeks if not more"

"Where's ya guts Gaymond?"

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
You'd almost have preferred the 5 and no carry over.
Yep.

95 carry over points, I'd rather just take the extra week now than cop a certain extra week for a clumsy act next year.

I would rather 5 weeks and 0 carry over than 4 weeks and 95 carry over.
Yep. Gives dogs like Firrito carte blanche to take their cheap shots in the knowledge Ty can't hit back.

My condolences on Ty's availability for the Sydney match.
Our condolences on your train wreck of a playing list.

Tigerland

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2004
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Although I find Vickery very frustrating as a player and the incident a very ordinary act...

I have to compliment Ty on the way he has handled himself since then.

To those that want to throw stones can go get F###ed. People make mistakes.
Plenty of players have done pretty ordinary things on the field.

Although it wasn't deserved, Cox has dished plenty of cheap shot elbows to the ribs over the years that everyone says is fair game, maybe it's just karma finally catching up to him.

And when over the years players like Judd can eye gouge, Ablett can elbow and get away with it, I think 4 weeks fits the crime for an act of stupidity.

Not happy with Ty's act, but far more impressed with his response afterwards than the snipers that are loitering to take a crack at him.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
This is pretty much me in this thread today, no matter how many times I am asked to piss off. :)

tumblr_n2tlg0mrMK1su6ajeo1_500.gif
In every thread on every board it's the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back