What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much appreciation from a Hawthorn perspective to your president coming out on radio and backing us to smack the AFL $wans... We hope to repay his faith and feed their plastic arses to them on a gold platter with a glas of COLA only 9.8% full.
He did? I really wish he'd stop talking smack about other clubs in the public eye.

I agree with his sentiments though. Remarkable that little old Souf has been turned into the frontier club that everyone hates.

He did? I really wish he'd stop talking smack about other clubs in the public eye.

I agree with his sentiments though. Remarkable that little old Souf has been turned into the frontier club that everyone hates.

Yeah on 774, just said he thinks well beat them.. Probably the only media/profile person to think so! I'm thinking there's a few underlying reasons behind his support.

Wait till we have experience players and a fully operational battle station... i mean forward line
NOTHING WILL STOP US!
1364104958130.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hear Harf Time on SEN today with Ed Wyatt. They had a segment on the new bulldogs banner slogans and the guy who's coming up with them. His name is Danny Mginlay. Thought I'd share, it's a good listen.

Here's the link:
He's on at about 4min 45 sec

Last edited:
H

He doesn't like us and it is obvious. He probably feels that we are their competition because of the ladder positions the past few years.
More like he's jealous of the up and coming stars we've drafted compared to the junk they've taken with their first picks - Toumpas, Trengove, Watts etc etc etc. So many busts.

Anyone here Harf Time on SEN today with Ed Wyatt. They had a segment on the new bulldogs banner slogans and the guy who's coming up with them. His name is Danny Mginlay. Thought I'd share, it's a good listen.

Here's the link:
He's on at about 4min 45 sec

Love Danny he's terrific value. Funny on a couple of my favourite podcasts.

Love Danny he's terrific value. Funny on a couple of my favourite podcasts.
He speaks well and seems quick witted, he could have a career in radio. It was news to me about 'outsourcing' the banner slogan to a comedian. Gave me a laugh when listening earlier today. Needless too say I'll be paying more attention to the team banner in the future.

He speaks well and seems quick witted, he could have a career in radio. It was news to me about 'outsourcing' the banner slogan to a comedian. Gave me a laugh when listening earlier today. Needless too say I'll be paying more attention to the team banner in the future.

He is a passionate Doggies supporter tough. A lot of comedians are; they say comedy comes from misery so it's quite logical I guess.

Think this is an Appropriate Thread to put it in:
NathanMJ_WB54, VitalDread and myself have started a new Western Bulldogs News, Reviews and Hopefully Interviews Facebook Page, We are aiming to engage the Bulldogs Fanbase with Epic Video Content and Player Interviews plus insightful and in depth analysis of the AFL and VFL Sides and Individual Players.

We will also have exclusive Columns on the Future Stars of the Western Bulldogs that are on the list and ones who are yet to be Drafted, Then we head to the Rumor Mill with all the buzz from the AFL Community with Player Movement and Insider News.

Come Find us at: www.facebook.com/bulldogsinsider
10535560_838761452808146_8470130581138947860_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but I guess it's media related.

Whilst his public support for us has been evident, Gerrard Healy is an even a bigger fan tin private. He has made some interesting comments about us and McCartney to some colleagues. Long and short of it was that McCartney is acutely aware that some of his decisions haven't helped us win matches, and in some cases may have cost us. But the long term development of players has always taken precedent.

Playing stringer back and then dropping him. Dropping hunter. Making bonti earn it. Lashing Macrae publicly. Keeping Talia and campbell in the vfl. Sending Higgins and jones back to footscray. All things that MAY have compromised our win tally this year. But to use a phrase from Peter Gordon, McCartney is playing the "long game" here.

Healy is super impressed to put it mildly. And let's just say there are other teams above us on the ladder that he's, errrrr, not so high on moving forward.

None of it greatly surprising, but great to hear from someone who's opinion i respect a great deal nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back