No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Note to all, don't bother questioning the mods on the 'Essendon supporters say the darndest things' thread.
Evidently you get threadbanned.

I wish I have the ability to ban people unchecked.

It's not irrelevant when the club is spending money hand over fist to protect the players from suspension. The issue is not whether the program is legal - The facts are that the AFL/ASADA target tested the club in 2012 as well as sending samples to Cologne for testing - Rightly or wrongly the AFL thought EFC were cheating - And ASADA have chosen to issue Show Cause notices.

Of course it is! If the program is legal, nothing else matters. Target testing, thinking we were cheating, whatever. Those aren't an issue if the program is legal.

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 1m
Got to give credit to Ben McDevitt. On the job 4 weeks, hasn't read the burden of proof but confidently approves 34 show cause. Courageous

Nice!

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Kelvin - Continue to live in delusional land - Whether you like it or not we need AFL endorsement for key appointments - Otherwise we RISK the AFL giving us a bad draw,taking away key fixtures, stopping grants etc,etc,etc.

To be frank,I can't see the distress in getting a new coach. A fresh start is ordered.
So let the AFL make the decisions even if it is against the wishes of club membership. Lets be another plastic AFL franchise, representative of nothing but making corporate dollars for someone else's benefit.

I think you'd find people's interest would drop off.

Of course it is! If the program is legal, nothing else matters. Target testing, thinking we were cheating, whatever. Those aren't an issue if the program is legal.

Legal is fine but when the Governing body has queries over the legality of the program it's a cause for concern. And whether it's right or wrong, ASADA has issues with the supplements programs - Though this is more a case of political interference.

So let the AFL make the decisions even if it is against the wishes of club membership. Lets be another plastic AFL franchise, representative of nothing but making corporate dollars for someone else's benefit.

Unfortunately this is the way of the world, especially the AFL world. We can choose to follow another sport.

Legal is fine but when the Governing body has queries over the legality of the program it's a cause for concern. And whether it's right or wrong, ASADA has issues with the supplements programs - Though this is more a case of political interference.

Well yes, cause for concern over whether it's legal. If it is, then their concern is alleviated.

As for ASADA, they can * right off. They can either prove a doping violation, or they are irrelevant.

Pevers-Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2002
Like Anyone Cares
AFL Club
Essendon
It's not irrelevant when the club is spending money hand over fist to protect the players from suspension. The issue is not whether the program is legal - The facts are that the AFL/ASADA target tested the club in 2012 as well as sending samples to Cologne for testing - Rightly or wrongly the AFL thought EFC were cheating - And ASADA have chosen to issue Show Cause notices.
And how many players are guilty of doping? How may Yaco? Why aren't GC being investigated with the primary suspect retiring today? Where is the investigation into Melbourne Vlad promised.

Oh and we are spending lawyers fees because a) the AFL is a corrupt immoral piece of s**t of an organisation and b) ASADA is a corrupt immoral piece of s**t of an organisation.

The AFL's behaviour was utterly disgusting and unbecoming. If you think otherwise, let me know.

ASADA have shown their true colours time and time again. They have a job to do and they do it without care for any individual they stomp on. You telling me McDipshit and Andruskas behaviour is acceptable? That ASADA investigators high-fived when Robson resigned.

Oh but it is all that bad man James Hird's fault. * me, I can see why we have the Hird's fault thread.

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Fahey certainly went quiet didn't he?

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Kelvin - Continue to live in delusional land - Whether you like it or not we need AFL endorsement for key appointments - Otherwise we RISK the AFL giving us a bad draw,taking away key fixtures, stopping grants etc,etc,etc.

To be frank,I can't see the distress in getting a new coach. A fresh start is ordered.
Of course you can't. Your are not a genuine essendon person like the rest of us who value our people and culture.

You can feel the passion in 99% of posters here. These posters don't discard their hero's, idols and club because its all getting too hard.

Its during the hard times when true character is shown. The Essendon members and fans along with the playing group and club have shown tremendous resilience.

Unfortunately there'll be a minority who'll let us down and naw on the edges like a bunch of rats.

Oh, I dunno, it's pretty hard to find an alternative PR strategy to the one that worked so well to ours.

Oh, wait, no it isn't.

How about this?

WvH0inX.gif

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Unfortunately this is the way of the world, especially the AFL world. We can choose to follow another sport.
Or, maybe just maybe, as members of the club could support the club's fight. I don't care if the club goes broke fighting if the alternative is to change to a club that doesn't represent my values.

Whilst I highly doubt it would come down to that; not to bother trying you are killing the club anyway.

Of course you can't. Your are not a genuine essendon person like the rest of us who value our people and culture.

You can feel the passion in 99% of posters here. These posters don't discard their hero's, idols and club because its all getting too hard.

Its during the hard times when true character is shown. The Essendon members and fans along with the playing group and club have shown tremendous resilience.

Unfortunately there'll be a minority who'll let us down and naw on the edges like a bunch of rats.

Drmw4A8.gif

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
- McDonut not knowing the burden of proof but dishing out show cause notices like there is no tomorrow.

- Fahey saying infractions are only a matter of time, before his infamous line: 'The individuals I don't know. The numbers I don't know. Nor do I need to. Nor do I want to.' Staggering.

- The absolutely deafening silence after the inaction following AOD (banned, remember?) revelations.

- The taxpayer dollars spent on a glorified fishing expedition (6-month offers anyone?)

Seriously, this is an election lead-in ad campaign (a real one, not BF-style) waiting to happen.

Kelvin, this is not a path I ever want to see us go down in this thread.

Yaco is every bit as much an Essendon fan as you, or Ben, or Pros, or 60sbomber, or rines, or Jade, or I. Or any of us. That our views diverge at several key points does not diminish that.

The thing that determines whether you're a fan is whether you want ultimate success for the club. That can take many different paths and this sort of emotive appeal doesn't really do you any favours.

If yaco was sitting here saying he hopes the club crashes and burns, then you might have a point. But he's not.

Yaco is every bit as much an Essendon fan as you, or Ben, or Pros, or 60sbomber, or rines, or Jade, or I. Or any of us. That our views diverge at several key points does not diminish that.

The thing that determines whether you're a fan is whether you want ultimate success for the club. That can take many different paths and this sort of emotive appeal doesn't really do you any favours.

If yaco was sitting here saying he hopes the club crashes and burns, then you might have a point. But he's not.

If this was the olden days they'd be choosing pistols right now.... ahh this internet thingy takes all the fun out if it! :p

Or, maybe just maybe, as members of the club could support the club's fight. I don't care if the club goes broke fighting if the alternative is to change to a club that doesn't represent my values.

Whilst I highly doubt it would come down to that; not to bother trying you are killing the club anyway.

The club always survives in times of adversity - But at some stage the club needs to make a praamatic decision going into the future.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Sorry I have my opinion and I'm sticking by it.

I don't think you can be a genuine supporter if you can discard club legends so easily.

And how many players are guilty of doping? How may Yaco? Why aren't GC being investigated with the primary suspect retiring today? Where is the investigation into Melbourne Vlad promised.

Oh and we are spending lawyers fees because a) the AFL is a corrupt immoral piece of s**t of an organisation and b) ASADA is a corrupt immoral piece of s**t of an organisation.

The AFL's behaviour was utterly disgusting and unbecoming. If you think otherwise, let me know.

ASADA have shown their true colours time and time again. They have a job to do and they do it without care for any individual they stomp on. You telling me McDipshit and Andruskas behaviour is acceptable? That ASADA investigators high-fived when Robson resigned.

Oh but it is all that bad man James Hird's fault. * me, I can see why we have the Hird's fault thread.

You can't change the way the AFL felt in 2012 - They thought EFC was cheating - There is no other way to say it - Of course they've been proven wrong so far, but it makes sense why the AFL whacked us so hard in 2013. I think the Show Cause notices are the result of political interference - This is a harder issue to resolve in the short term.

For me the two key questions are

1) Why did ASADA renege on the agreement with the AFL that spared players any doping violations or possible suspensions ? Adhere to this agreement and this would have been over in 2013

2) Why did ASADA issue Show Cause notices ? I look with interest because NOTHING has happened to Cronulla players. Was there political interference ?

Melbourne and GC are not of interest - Cronulla case is the one which is of interest ?

Finally - I made no mention of Hird in my post.

Sorry I have my opinion and I'm sticking by it.

I don't think you can be a genuine supporter if you can discard club legends so easily.

The club is always bigger than the INDIVIDUAL - There can be no other way.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
The club always survives in times of adversity - But at some stage the club needs to make a praamatic decision going into the future.
For me that pragmatism is that:

The maturity of the list and recruiting strategies suggest that we are building toward something good in the near future

That James Hird is the best candidate to coach this club long term to ensure that a) there is a stability there wouldn't be with a new coach coming in with new ideas and b) we have a coach who could undoubtedly go on for over a decade if successful

and that the club most likely hasn't breached the WADA code, so there should be no need to implode based on the agendas of external forces.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
You can't change the way the AFL felt in 2012 - They thought EFC was cheating - There is no other way to say it - Of course they've been proven wrong so far, but it makes sense why the AFL whacked us so hard in 2013. I think the Show Cause notices are the result of political interference - This is a harder issue to resolve in the short term.

For me the two key questions are

1) Why did ASADA renege on the agreement with the AFL that spared players any doping violations or possible suspensions ? Adhere to this agreement and this would have been over in 2013

2) Why did ASADA issue Show Cause notices ? I look with interest because NOTHING has happened to Cronulla players. Was there political interference ?

Melbourne and GC are not of interest - Cronulla case is the one which is of interest ?

Finally - I made no mention of Hird in my post.
The staggering thing for me is why TB4, when the suggestion it was used only at Essendon just the once seems a real stretch and the backstory (using good thymosin other times/clubs) elaborate to the point of absurdity. Surely they would've had better luck trying to claim a scalp (if that is the intention) for AOD?

The no show cause for Cronulla I thought was expained by Dank being "ahead of the rules". Bock's retirement without any further discussion will always leave the possibility that other deals have been made, even if it is a conspiracy theory it isn't the worst one out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back