Tom Rockliff v Dayne Beams

Rockliff or Beams?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats just not true. Beams and Rockliff have both performed better than Fyfe and Danger in the big moments this year.

And Beams is also a very damaging player per disposal, as is Danger. I would say Fyfe and Rockliff are lagging behind them in that area.

Fyfe and Danger are both in the top 10 players in the comp. Beams and Rockliff are not even close.

Beams more damaging than Dangerfield...

Fyfe not in the best 20 players in the comp... WTF

3571m2.jpg

Thats just not true. Beams and Rockliff have both performed better than Fyfe and Danger in the big moments this year.

And Beams is also a very damaging player per disposal, as is Danger. I would say Fyfe and Rockliff are lagging behind them in that area.

Beams and Rockliff have arguably had better years than Dangerfield has.

I don't really think there is much difference between Fyfe, Dangerfield, Beams and Rockliff.

Rockliff.

I personally think Beams is overrated, but it may be skewed because he never really hurts Hawthorn.

I would have Beams in the top 30 players in the league, where as Rockliff is in the top 15.

Beams is an absolute star and could potentially be in the top few in the comp

But I seriously think rockliff is something else. I can see him being the best in the comp in a few years and is certainly the most underrated
Rockliff

Danger and Fyfe play their best when it matters. Beams and Rockliff are great but more of accumulators but can be really damaging but not in the same level as Fyfe n Danger.
you obviously haven't seen beams play much...... He is the complete opposite of an 'accumulator'

Beams is an absolute star and could potentially be in the top few in the comp

But I seriously think rockliff is something else. I can see him being the best in the comp in a few years and is certainly the most underrated
Rockliff

Never ever thought I'd see a Collingwood poster say this about a Brisbane player! :p

Rockliff.

I personally think Beams is overrated, but it may be skewed because he never really hurts Hawthorn.

I would have Beams in the top 30 players in the league, where as Rockliff is in the top 15.

I dunno mate. Just because Hawthorn always beat Collingwood doesn't mean Beams hasn't hurt us. I remember being at a game in 2012 when Beams absolutely tore up - getting heaps of the ball (just checked - 34 disp, 6 tackles), using it damagingly and kicking 4 goals. He was brilliant that day IMO and close to BOG despite Collingwood being well beaten (to the tune of 47 points). I know Collingwood mids always rack up the disposals against us for little hurt factor (Swan especially) but I think Beams has usually put his to good use (just his teammates can't finish the job). If you take out his 2 disposal effort in the Prelim, he has averaged 27 disposals against the Hawks.

Definately a quality player - though your top 30 rating suggests you agree (I personally would have him top 20).

Rocky's having a good season, same with Beams. I'd probably rather beams though, had a quick look at the stats, Beams has been pretty consistent, 7 games with 30+ and has kicked 21. Rockcliff finds the ball more bit beams is more damaging

I dunno mate. Just because Hawthorn always beat Collingwood doesn't mean Beams hasn't hurt us. I remember being at a game in 2012 when Beams absolutely tore up - getting heaps of the ball (just checked - 34 disp, 6 tackles), using it damagingly and kicking 4 goals. He was brilliant that day IMO and close to BOG despite Collingwood being well beaten (to the tune of 47 points). I know Collingwood mids always rack up the disposals against us for little hurt factor (Swan especially) but I think Beams has usually put his to good use (just his teammates can't finish the job). If you take out his 2 disposal effort in the Prelim, he has averaged 27 disposals against the Hawks.

Definately a quality player - though your top 30 rating suggests you agree (I personally would have him top 20).
If that is the game I think I remember, I actually thought Beams wasn't that great. It lead me to think he was overrated for a while. He kept getting the ball and slamming it on his boot, but it would go straight to a Hawk who would spear it straight back over his head and a scoring chain would happen.

Statistically he may have got a lot of ball against the Hawks but I'd say there was a definite lack of hurt there. (I do note that Hawthorn have done this to a lot of teams in the last few years though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find Rockliff kicks at least 20 goals a season in a top 8 team. Beams has had the luxury for all of his career.

I'd probably have had Beams ahead of Rocky at the start of the year, now after the amazing season Rocky has had, I am pretty happy saying Rocky has jumped just ahead now. The fact he is a Brisbane player who is in the bottom 4 on the ladder and is in 85% of peoples all australian team speaks volumes of how greater season he is having.

I agree with this, both are what their teams need. This is the one time I couldn't vote as both are very, very good.

You've done well to figure out what I meant. Bit of a brain fade by myself in that post.

Rockcliff by a mile.

Rockliff is a better pure mid. Beams is kore damaging near the goals.

Rockliff prpbably just. But as for people bringing Dangerfield up.. please, that f*cking guy is so overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back