A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbott voters... in case you didn't know... your boy implicitly supports this kinda stuff (not kids getting health care, just the actions that put them there).

View attachment 70665

Of course official Labor has been deafening on the subject...

Well a fair criticism I guess but I am focusing on the party that is in government and officially representative of our foreign policy position. Their most recent action being a sheepish withdrawal of an official condemnation of Israel's current incursion.

Hardly an isolated case of that...

If one didn't know better one could think they were just getting out of the way of Abbott.

The explanation I'm running with though is that they're just a gutless, incompetent rabble.

For all their whinging about the budget, I'm yet to see any semblance of leadership from them. Doesn't mean they won't Bradbury the next election though, similar to Qld Labor.

Hardly an isolated case of that...

If one didn't know better one could think they were just getting out of the way of Abbott.

The explanation I'm running with though is that they're just a gutless, incompetent rabble.

For all their whinging about the budget, I'm yet to see any semblance of leadership from them. Doesn't mean they won't Bradbury the next election though, similar to Qld Labor.

I work in the finance industry and if his complete bungling of the super regulation changes is anything to go by then the prospect of Bill Shorten as the next prime minister hardly has me enthused. If there was ever a person who knew so little about their own portfolio I would be shocked

Television station out filming a suburban shopping centre all day tomorrow with workers, residents, business etc asked to wear the murdered ladies favourite colour.
I am told that this may have been arranged by a local florist but I find this potential media frenzy ghoulish and typical of a heartless and deceptive industry. When the girl in Logan was randomly murdered on her way home from work whose husband worked in a pub was murdered they could hardly bother but when a paragon of the business community is involved they are up to their eyes in it. Vultures the lot of them with few redeeming features.

Depends if you buy into accepting that a simplistic mantra like "stopping da boats!!!!" is a worthy entire benchmark for judging something as complex as asylum seeker policy. That article reads like it could have come straight from Liberal Party Spin HQ... Oh yeah, News Limited.... Same diff.

About what I'd expect from a government who (in conjunction with their propaganda wing in the Murdoch media) managed to reframe the incredibly complex debate on how we deal with the scientific reality of man made climate change to the short term blinkered mantra of "scrap da carbon tax coz it's bad for biznes!". Not to mention a PM who showed his nuanced grasp of international relations by describing the Syrian crisis as "goodies and baddies".

I'm personally looking for a leader with ideas with a level of nuance and depth that would preclude their policies being able to fit on the piece of paper in a fortune cookie. Struggling to see exactly who/where that leader is, but it sure as hell ain't the clownshoe we have at the moment.

Last edited:
Depends if you buy into accepting that a simplistic mantra like "stopping da boats!!!!" is a worthy entire benchmark for judging something as complex as asylum seeker policy. That article reads like it could have come straight from Liberal Party Spin HQ... Oh yeah, News Limited.... Same diff.

About what I'd expect from a government who (in conjunction with their propaganda wing in the Murdoch media) managed to reframe the incredibly complex debate on how we deal with the scientific reality of man made climate change to the short term blinkered mantra of "scrap da carbon tax coz it's bad for biznes!". Not to mention a PM who showed his nuanced grasp of international relations by describing the Syrian crisis as "goodies and baddies".

I'm personally looking for a leader with ideas with a level of nuance and depth that would preclude their policies being able to fit on the piece of paper in a fortune cookie. Struggling to see exactly who/where that leader is, but it sure as hell ain't the clownshoe we have at the moment.

It was written by a member of the liberal party.

It was written by a member of the liberal party.

So it holds any weight for you... why?

Edit: did a quick scan of her stuff, looks like she is trying to position herself as the next Janet Albrectsen. Something the world needs about as much as an Ebola outbreak.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...al-data-retention-regime-20140806-101849.html
Do the government actually understand any of their policies?
Tony said they're not the Gillard government. He's right, they're far more incompetent.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...stitute-of-public-affairs-20140806-3d8i7.html

The IPA prepared to fund attack ads AGAINST Tony Abbott for backflipping on race hate laws. My personal Tony Abbott approval rating is actually going up and I don't like it.
Another failure for George. He can't even convince his own colleagues to adopt his policies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy wow at that Brandis interview.

You can feel his minders and advisors cringing off camera.
What's the bet Brandis is one of those people who double-clicks *everything*?

It is scary to think that these guys are making decisions on behalf of the nation.

Just caught that. He genuinely had no idea what he was talking about. The kindly journo was very forgiving in the end.
Yep and yep. I've been having a bit of fun with this on twitter. I have dubbed him George "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" Brandis. Hope it sticks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back