Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the hammer to fall on the Dons ASAP. My mates are getting far too obnoxious especially since they in the 8.

Whether Hird is ever seen to have been disgraced is one thing but for what he did will always be seen to have been disgraceful.

That letter is a joke if not real and drafted by jokers if it is real.
Its real. And I think you are being a bit hard on jokers Harks. That was drafted by morons, and now I am being hard on morons the world over.

Its real. And I think you are being a bit hard on jokers Harks. That was drafted by morons, and now I am being hard on morons the world over.

This whole thing must be putting a wedge between friends and acquaintances that may go the games together.
Not all supporters care for Hird and unfortunately they're the quieter of the two groups. They'll have their voice eventually though.

Some of these Hird Campers are in for a huge shock when they finally see they've also been manipulated..................but may be too embarrassed to make noise thereafter.

I need the hammer to fall on the Dons ASAP. My mates are getting far too obnoxious especially since they in the 8.
When swinging an axe,you must ensure the head meets it's intended target along the correct grain of timber.
Commonly known as the sweet spot!.
The axe is falling and the sweet spot is the intended target,even if the axe is falling too slowly for some.:thumbsu:

This whole thing must be putting a wedge between friends and acquaintances that may go the games together.
Not all supporters care for Hird and unfortunately they're the quieter of the two groups. They'll have their voice eventually though.

Some of these Hird Campers are in for a huge shock when they finally see they've also been manipulated..................but may be too embarrassed to make noise thereafter.
Essendon have boosted membership numbers by successfully spinning the line that they are the victims of an AFL/ASADA/media/other clubs conspiracy against them, and Hird has been in the chief victim/martyr role. But the united front has always been a sham and the cracks are now showing. Once the infractions come the whole thing will fall down.

Essendon have boosted membership numbers by successfully spinning the line that they are the victims of an AFL/ASADA/media/other clubs conspiracy against them, and Hird has been in the chief victim/martyr role. But the united front has always been a sham and the cracks are now showing. Once the infractions come the whole thing will fall down.

Yeah....Hird is the victim. :)

Can't wait for him to use his kids as pawns again.
Maybe another friendly kick to kick on the MCG in front of the fawning supporters.
Even my heart-strings are tensing at the notion.

With a friend like James..........................you know how it goes.

EFC* Board Statement

As a result of ongoing inaccurate and mischievous reporting by Fairfax Media the Essendon* Football Club Board wishes to re-confirm its position relating to James Hird.

The Board is unanimous in its support of James and the strategy in place relating to his return to the Club. To suggest the Board is split in its support for James is simply not true.

Given the testing time our Club has been through over the past two years, the Board is immensely proud of the resilience of our players, coaches, staff and supporters and have no doubt that the ongoing loyalty of everyone at Essendon* will continue to galvanise our Club.

We are united as a Club and the Essendon* Board will continue to make decisions in the best interest of our players, staff and members.

Last edited:

A couple of weeks ago Goddard was being interviewed after a game that they won and he said something along the lines of "it's us against the world".
That pissed me off so much

A couple of weeks ago Goddard was being interviewed after a game that they won and he said something along the lines of "it's us against the world".
That pissed me off so much
Agree, most of the world wouldn't even know who Hird, Goddard and Essendon are, where they come from and what they stand for.

And if they have heard of them it is because it is usually world wide news that athletes or clubs have been caught using performance enhancing drugs...

Last edited:
Football club boards must stand tall in adversity as well as in good times: Patrick Smith
The letter claims Hird to have “exhibited commendable restraint in the face of a ceaselessly vindictive media campaign”. In truth, Hird has had a very sympathetic hearing by most journalists on News Corp papers.

This column and sections of Fairfax newspapers have been more questioning.

His large team of lawyers and advisers have leaked to chosen journalists. A column in the Herald Sun on Saturday by Mark Robinson might as well have had Hird’s byline on it.

The size of the pro-Hird lobby is unclear but it is loud and aggressive. It can expect the strong support of News Corp papers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In light of all the white noise and the talk about Trigg and Hird, it might be interesting to compare the penalties dished out to Adelaide and Essendon.

Adelaide's penalties for salary cap cheating
  • Fined $300,000
  • Banned from the first two rounds of the 2013 draft
  • The club voluntarily handed back its first two picks in the 2012 draft
  • Prohibited from gaining father-son picks in the 2013 draft.
  • Lost any compensation for Tippett
  • Steven Trigg was fined $50,000 and given 12 months suspension, meaning he cannot attend games or training or have any dealings with an AFL club.
  • John Reid received a 12 months suspension.
  • Phil Harper received a two months sentence on the same terms.
  • Kurt Tippett was suspended from the pre-season competition and from 11 AFL matches, with another 11 matches suspended for five years.

Essendon*'s penalties for their supplements scandal

• Fined $2,000,000.
  • Forfeited its place in the 2013 AFL finals series.
  • Prohibited from the first two rounds of the 2013 national draft.
  • Prohibited from the first two rounds of the 2014 national draft.
  • Prohibited from gaining father-son picks in the 2013 and 2014 national drafts.
  • Granted a selection at the end of Round 1 of the national draft prior to any compensation selections.
  • James Hird received a 12 month suspension, a contract extension and a working holiday in France. Hird will not work with any AFL Club in any capacity during this period.
  • Danny Corcoran was suspended for six months.
  • Mark Thompson was fined $30,000.

ASADA haven't finished, but given the seriousness of their situation, it's amazing that they act like they're hard done by. Crows copped a bigger whack for an offence that was limited to one player. Reckon the AFL didn't go in dry because they know ASADA will hit them for six. A club with very deep pockets gets to pay their $2 million fine in instalments

At least Crows fans and the media haven't stuck by the administration, people and their former player who were responsible for Adelaide's cheating.

Essendon* and elements of the media act like they've been wronged.

Last edited:
I don't see the problem.

Bring his back surely he couldn't have honed his coaching abilities in France so his wealth of under 9's experience would see them feel the need to cheat to improve again.

Constantly battling to make the 8 only to be belted out the finals sounds like the Essendon of recent times... It's not like their fighting to get a dual premiership coach back.

I don't see the problem.

Bring his back surely he couldn't have honed his coaching abilities in France so his wealth of under 9's experience would see them feel the need to cheat to improve again.

Constantly battling to make the 8 only to be belted out the finals sounds like the Essendon of recent times... It's not like their fighting to get a dual premiership coach back.

On the contrary I heard a rumour that James spent the whole period honing his coaching skills by creating the James Hird French Football Academy and imparting his vast knowledge to countless French kids. Expect the EFC to begin drafting from France in about 8 years.

On the contrary I heard a rumour that James spent the whole period honing his coaching skills by creating the James Hird French Football Academy and imparting his vast knowledge to countless French kids. Expect the EFC to begin drafting from France in about 8 years.
So he was back with under 9s again? Makes sense

I don't see the problem.

The French told Hird they admire Essendon*'s and Hird's bravery in fighting the forces of ASADA and Fairfax. They wish France had been more like Essendon* in World War Two.

Court case starts in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully the result there will shut them up for a while.

It takes me back to that day in 1999, the Preliminary Final was being played inside the MCG yet many of them spent that day camped outside the G lining up for GF tickets. They have always been deluded and always will be. They and their love for Hird is the Heaven's Gate cult with the white Nike's replaced by number 5 duffle coats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back