Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Defacto what's Ross' contract situation like? Any chance of a trade?

he's signed up and is one of the inside mids we are developing. he's a slow burn for us. his main weaknesses are disposal by foot and the main one is his endurance. been in and out of the side, but is improving each week. club sees him as a long term player.

all players are tradeable given where we are. just a matter of what we get for them

Geelong really only have 4 Players that might be traded and they're all fringe, I'm curious about their worth?
Schroder: 30+
Hunt: No idea
Walker: Late 30's
Brown: 40+
?
Any Offers?

Geelong really only have 4 Players that might be traded and they're all fringe, I'm curious about their worth?
Schroder: 30+
Hunt: No idea
Walker: Late 30's
Brown: 40+
?
Any Offers?
Would trade our 4th round pick for Schroder, or a pick downgrade

Jack Stevens is a very good player but we are well served with our small mids. Now if Bontempelli was on offer??

Pick 1 in 2014 is not like for like for pick 1 in 2013.

Tom Boyd was a consensus number 1 pick. This year whilst McArtin is the likely number 1 choice, many also rate Petracca (including myself) in that spot or even Peter Wright.
We've also put 12 months of development into Boyd.

I would do Daniher for Boyd as that is more like for like but not for anything in this years draft.
According to knightmares power ranking, I recall Boyd being behind peter wright and petrecca this year

Either a second or third round pick, think realistically it is the latter of the two. Have the feeling he will be one to bite us on the arse in later years

Yeah I would give up our third for him for sure.

Would contemplate second as well.

He'd be a far better player than who you gave up a second for this year :)

Seriously though, I see him going for a pick in the 40s, any earlier than that and I think the Crows had done well

Anyone would be, even Tambling! Thanks for that btw :p

Yeah probably right, he would be a perfect fit for us to IMO, he is about 23 yeah?

Anyone would be, even Tambling! Thanks for that btw :p

Yeah probably right, he would be a perfect fit for us to IMO, he is about 23 yeah?

About that yeah. I have watched a fair bit of him play both at ressies and AFL. He has really good hands in close, his decision making is supreme when in tight situations. My knock on him is his tackling at AFL, he has to put on a bit more upper body strength to take on the bigger bodies at AFL but out from that, I think he has enough to make a decent AFL career

About that yeah. I have watched a fair bit of him play both at ressies and AFL. He has really good hands in close, his decision making is supreme when in tight situations. My knock on him is his tackling at AFL, he has to put on a bit more upper body strength to take on the bigger bodies at AFL but out from that, I think he has enough to make a decent AFL career

Yeah he looked really skinny when I've seen him, Martin can help him with core strength! Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? We shouldn't bring in a promising 23 year old midfielder?
Because right now about 1/4 of your list are recycled players. If I were a Richmond fan I would be furious if they got on the trade table, unless it involved trading out players and getting picks.

Whats the go with Craig Bird and Harry Cunningham?

I doubt they would come to West Coast, but what might be their respective values if they remain un-signed in October?

Pretty sure Cunningham is re-signed IIRC. Birds value is really interesting but I would place it from 16-30. Around that bracket

Bit of talk on 6PR last night that the Dockers are confident they will woo Marco Parpone (sorry for spelling) back home from the Lions. Apparently is homesick.

Pretty sure Cunningham is re-signed IIRC. Birds value is really interesting but I would place it from 16-30. Around that bracket

Thanks for the reply.

Given the amount of talent at the Swans, and the amount un-signed, Id doubt youd get a first rounder for Bird. I agree that the middle/bottom end of that bracket is realistic, and he will be a very interesting prospect come trade time if he still hasnt signed.

He would be in our best few mids, lol. Depressing...

Thanks for the reply.

Given the amount of talent at the Swans, and the amount un-signed, Id doubt youd get a first rounder for Bird. I agree that the middle/bottom end of that bracket is realistic, and he will be a very interesting prospect come trade time if he still hasnt signed.

He would be in our best few mids, lol. Depressing...

I doubt we would get a first rounder with competition for his signature could inflate it a little hence the widish range. Be interesting if our NSW local lads would go. who knows though.

Little underselling Bird there... but yeah is sad about your mids currently

Bit of talk on 6PR last night that the Dockers are confident they will woo Marco Parpone (sorry for spelling) back home from the Lions. Apparently is homesick.

I haven't liked what I've seen from him tbh, wouldn't give much up.

Jack Stevens is a very good player but we are well served with our small mids. Now if Bontempelli was on offer??

Pick 1 in 2014 is not like for like for pick 1 in 2013.

Tom Boyd was a consensus number 1 pick. This year whilst McArtin is the likely number 1 choice, many also rate Petracca (including myself) in that spot or even Peter Wright.
We've also put 12 months of development into Boyd.

I would do Daniher for Boyd as that is more like for like but not for anything in this years draft.

Bullshit. You can't rate the 2014 pick #1 as a different value to the 2013 #1. The value of the pick must be the same. Now, I don't dispute that the player you draft may have a greater value over time ( say Selwood Vs Thorpe for illustration purposes only) but the value of the pick each year must be the same.

For eg, the NFL have a draft chart and value the picks accordingly. Each year the #1 overall is the same value. You need that consistency for valuation purposes. #1 overall is worth #1 overall. The players may be different but then it becomes subjective as to whether a KPF is worth more than than an inside mid.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back