Mega Thread Buckley coaching mega thread volume II

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought about it. You might be right Eddie might resign before he sacks Bucks. That's the predicament they've got themselves in to. Losing Eddie would hurt us even more and take us backwards for the next 20 years. I just hope Eddie can find the balls.
Or maybe we rebound next year and we don't have to sack anybody :thumbsu:

listened to that 3AW interview with Bucks.....damn he's good in the media......shame he cant coach. I reckon they should give an award to the coach that sounds good in the media but cant coach...

they could call it the chris connolly award...

listened to that 3AW interview with Bucks.....damn he's good in the media......shame he cant coach. I reckon they should give an award to the coach that sounds good in the media but cant coach...

Where can I listen to that one?

He talks well but I wouldn't say he's a "likeable" guy personality wise. Very dry sort of a bloke not inspiring.

He talks well but I wouldn't say he's a "likeable" guy personality wise. Very dry sort of a bloke not inspiring.
gee your harsh... I'd offer him a job after he gets the flick as coach, taking over from that Moriaty guy. I think he'd do well hosting hens nights for magpie women members...

Some in here need to listen to the footy tactics aspect of that 3AW interview. In particular, the extra in defence, extra at the stoppages and the half forwards getting caught too high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some in here need to listen to the footy tactics aspect of that 3AW interview. In particular, the extra in defence, extra at the stoppages and the half forwards getting caught too high.

I agree but people should remember to listen to the podcast with someone who knows something about footy. I listened to all that stuff and didnt understand a word.

btw I've just noticed that my next post is my 4000th. Thats a lot of wasted time. I've heard that BF gives me a prize when I make the post. I'm hoping for a weekend with Miranda...

I agree but people should remember to listen to the podcast with someone who knows something about footy. I listened to all that stuff and didnt understand a word.

btw I've just noticed that my next post is my 4000th. Thats a lot of wasted time. I've heard that BF gives me a prize when I make the post. I'm hoping for a weekend with Miranda...
A whole weekend? Could be a few long sessions or a series of one minute bursts.

He would probably say the same about you.

People go on with the same trite observations on about Bucks personality and he is a perfectionist and might not be able to relate others who don't have the same view/ strive for perfection etc.

I think over the last few years years he has showed that his inter personal skills, emotional intelligence and common sense skills are quite high, that is part of the reason he speaks so well in the media and he has engendered so much respect with people in football he deals with.

My focus of critiquing Buckley and his football department tat the moment is on the technical aspects of game plan and also the thinking behind selections- long and short term. From my view his inter personal skills are not a worry.

the diffference is bucks doesnt know much about football...
Gee that's an absurd thing to say. You don't play nearly 300 games of AFL footy, win a Norm Smith medal, win a Brownlow medal, spend two years in the football media, write a football book, spend another two years as assistant coach and then coach the senior team for another two and a half years, without knowing much about football.

People go on with the same trite observations on about Bucks personality and he is a perfectionist and might not be able to relate others who don't have the same view/ strive for perfection etc.

I think over the last few years years he has showed that his inter personal skills, emotional intelligence and common sense skills are quite high, that is part of the reason he speaks so well in the media and he has engendered so much respect with people in football he deals with.

My focus of critiquing Buckley and his football department tat the moment is on the technical aspects of game plan and also the thinking behind selections- long and short term. From my view his inter personal skills are not a worry.
Obviously, with the results coming in towards the tail end of the season and with the real possibility that we won't qualify for the finals, changes will be made over the off season within the football department. One thing we know is that Buckley is not going anywhere. So who then amongst the assistant coaches is likely to go? I think a number of assistant coaches are starting to look a bit shaky. Those most at risk must surely be Lappin, Harvey, McRae, Lockyer, Rocca and Grace. The only two who have performed above expectations in my mind are Ben Hart and Dale Tapping. Also Rodney Eade's position must also be looking very shaky.

Gee that's an absurd thing to say. You don't play nearly 300 games of AFL footy, win a Norm Smith medal, win a Brownlow medal, spend two years in the football media, write a football book, spend another two years as assistant coach and then coach the senior team for another two and a half years, without knowing much about football.

but Thatsgold posts on BF..........

If only the credentials of being a great leader was being a great player. See Maxwell. Buckley was a great player no doubt.

Its in the mail. All of us mods chip in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back