AE AE14 Launch & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

yes-github-yissssss.gif

Just put all 32 teams into a list randomiser.
My "Depth Chart" is
  1. New Jersey Giants
  2. Washington
  3. Cleveland
  4. Carolina
  5. Minnesota
  6. San Francisco
  7. New England
  8. Cincinnati
  9. Buffalo
  10. Philadelphia (might be spelt wrong)
  11. Kansas City
  12. Houston
  13. Detroit
  14. Tennessee
  15. Green Bay
  16. Oakland
  17. New Orleans
  18. St Louis
  19. Arizona
  20. Jacksonville
  21. Miami
  22. New Jersey Jets
  23. Pittsburgh
  24. Atlanta
  25. San Diego
  26. Tampa Bay
  27. Baltimore
  28. Seattle
  29. Chicago
  30. Indianapolis
  31. Peyton Manning
  32. Dallas

Great to see a BREAK THRU in negotiations..

tumblr_m1z9b7NEc51rt40rso1_500_zps36420286.gif

SUMMARY OUTCOME:

$40 is the Subscription cost

The pre-set CR game template schedule will have CR input of 1CR for TNF and follow down the list to MNF with 16CR with all picks on DEFAULT ROAD team which stabilises the 'NO SHOW' selections.

You can change team selections, move around your CR values up until each individual KICK-OFF.

Just SIX adjustments to last year are:

3XKO Selection of same winning team selection in consecutive weeks permitted
NO shows implemented ROAD teams starting with TNF being game #1: 1CR down to 16CR MNF.
NO Depth charts
3XKO No Show get last games (MNF, SNF & last listed game on schedule template if applicable)
ND / LCS victory not awarded
HRS honors doesn't qualify for No shows…

Last edited:
Do we need a no shows manager? Is it possible that JD can make peoples selections DEFAULT based on their depth chart selections as standard? Then it's up to each individual to adjust their weekly selections. Would do away with the need for someone to manage the no shows... If they miss a TNF game then the selection would already be in the system based on their default depth chart selection... can then select the rest of the week with no adjusting to be made by anyone. If we get this nutted out before the season starts then everyone's on the same page.

If JD can't get it up and running on the site automatically I'll get a program that will have everyone's FULL SEASON default selections into a file that I can then give to JD to upload to the site. That way we lock depth charts in once, default selections will be loaded, and then the onus is on each competitor to get their selections in, and we don't have the need for a manual no-show manager.

Let's get it right from the start. There's a lot of manual handling in the comp, and it delays the results getting out.

I have no problem with the comps we've got running, and I have no problem with the insurance... but at least this way there is a base platform that everyone works from and it eliminates no shows and the need for manual calculations.

Just my 2c worth anyway.

If someone wins a ND matchup based off DEFAULT DEPTH CHART selections then so be it... in fact we wouldn't even know as the selections are already there!

* me. Talk about kiss and make things even more complex. Tax, optional insurance, tnf managers, etc.

Woodson you're just making it harder and harder to understand, way too many rules and bylaws, having all these extra people to manage various things etc.

Kiss means pb's idea. No tax/insurance. No depth chart.

Think of JD here too. Making everything so optional means he has to factor it all in and do even more work. Means more bugs and more communication with your comp managers....that back and forth communication to double check scores and rectify errors is exactly what you were complaining about too.

Cmon Woodson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3XXO change to include back to back selections of winning teams - what was the genesis and logic for this change?

There is a groundswell push for 3XKO NO shows to get the last games of the week (MNF, SNF and my recommendation of the most west coast located venue) backing the ROAD TEAMS.. this means that the previous week of selections can 'conflict' with the tradition of consecutive week winning teams.

Bare in mind, these ROAD TEAMS for the last games of the week can be changed by the AE participant IF he JUMPS online before the kick off to shift them around to other late games (if applicable).

There was continual anguish by GG who elects to find other solutions.. to make JD's job easier.

Nevermind peterbuch74 with the 'program' … GG has turned the SCREW on this 'tweaked' streamlined method.

LOOK BELOW..

Last edited:
Outlandish KISS warpath?

I responded via PM to you, will do so here so everyone gets where I'm going.

--------------------

Pre-set idea is....

On the AE site where you enter your tips, week one. JD would have that week listed in the order of the games to be played. All the away teams are pre-selected by default when you open that page. Pre-selected meaning already chosen. You can decide what you want it to be...TNF 16 CR down to MNF 1 CR. Or the other way around might be fairer given people often forget to tip TNF. So, TNF 1 CR down the list to MNF 16 CR.

And the 3XKO section of that page would have the 1, 2, 3 CR already pre-selected by default.

So when a person goes absent or forgets to tip, he gets whatever the score would be choosing all the away teams.

Now look, you know yourself, tipping all the away teams in any comp, especially NFL, is fraught with danger. You might jag a few, but the statistics bear notice. Every week of every year, the home team wins anything from 8 games at its lowest, to 11 or 12 games out of 16 at its most. The average is more 9-10 wins for the home team. Point being, if someone is awol the entire year and gets nothing but all the away teams, you can be damned sure they're going to run bottom 10 of the CR Ladder.

This pre-selected system means that NO ONE has to ever worry about whether someone missed tipping. You don't have to agonize over the depth charts to work out a score. Nor does someone else you're handing the job to. You don't need other people. Just the site.

The beauty of it is that WHEN YOU EXPLAIN IT to the AE people, everyone will be TOLD and KNOW that if you miss tips, if the site didn't accept your selection, it's tough ****. You get the default pre-selected of that missed tip. Of course we wont be that nasty, as JD often can tell if someone has made an entry or moved a selection around. But when setting the rule before the comp kicks off, people would be fully aware that's how it is, and it's simple and straightforward rule. You move them around to what you want, and select what you want. If you forget to do them, or miss a tip, tough, you wear the away team.

The bigger beauty is that there's no such anymore of "absentees" or the idea of "missed tips" because everything is pre-selected by default. Everything from week 1 to week 17. All people have to focus on is just log on and be sure to move around the CRs how you want and select the team you want. If you don't it's ok as you'll have a default pre-selected away team.

Second beauty of this....JD can finally create a CR Ladder on the site....as everything is automated, no need to ever really adjust a score, he can create a ladder finally.

So, there are NO LOOPHOLES simply by EXPLAINING the rule for AE before it starts....

Rule One: All tips for every week are pre-selected away teams with TNF 1 CR down to MNF 16 CR (fairer on those who often forget to tip TNF).

Rule Two: If you forget to tip, in part or whole, you will wear the score those default pre-selections get you. No reprieves will be given for any family emergencies etc. At least you know if you do miss any tips you'll be given an away team, and you never know you could fluke a win there, will be interesting having to hinge hopes on some away team you otherwise would not have selected. Some added 'fun' in that mayhem.

Rule Three: The only exception will be if there is some site problem that hasn't saved your selections. Be sure to PM Woodson and JeffDunne and they can look into the website database to see if selections were attempted.

That's it. Simple. And absolute. Whereas options to have depth charts and this or that just makes it harder for JD and creates too much issues. Better easier having a blanket method like that pre-selected one and those rules stated as they are. Everyone on the same page, everyone follow the same rule.

And for ND, you simply give a manual LOSS to a person who clearly was absent that week (left the week entirely as it looks by default) but who might have miraculously beat his ND opponent.

Take a look at how Week One would look....

70300_b45baf6b25726671baba6f29a7b0be42.PNG

The AE site would by default have all those away teams pre-selected....so....

1 CR PACKERS
2 CR SAINTS
3 CR VIKINGS
4 CR BROWNS
5 CR JAGUARS
6 CR RAIDERS
7 CR BENGALS
8 CR BILLS
9 CR REDSKIN
10 CR TITANS
11 CR PATRIOTS
12 CR PANTHERS
13 CR 49ERS
14 CR COLTS
15 CR GIANTS
16 CR CHARGERS

There's a few away fluke wins there, and with a fairly high CR, but also you can see many away teams are going to lose that week.

Your 3XKO selection would be defaulted pre-selected as PACKERS, SAINTS, VIKINGS.

And....in response to your question about the site locking people out mid-week....

No, the site wont lock you out from games yet to be played. Simple. Games lock as they start, like how fantasy locks your players as their games begin but keeps the others unlocked.

Lastly, as for 3XKO pre-selections, you can choose 1-3 CR, or TNF, SNF, MNF, or the last three games. Whatever. Just as long as it's consistently applied for all 17 weeks.
----------------

One comp too many …Temptation outpolled

The Temptation in the poll got 31.3%, add in the 35.4% who said no changes makes over 2/3 who want Temptation back.

HRS got 27.1%, if it was based on the polls wouldn't that be scrapped?

I have no problems with JD implementing the pre-set 1-16.. 1CR for TNF and 2CR ongoing down this listed schedule with MNF getting the 16CR..

3XKO still happening with MNF-SNF-third listed game (thinking Westcoast location??)

THIS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT TO WHAT PB74 was saying.. I agree that THIS will work easier for JD and obviously.. NO SHOWS ISSUE 'SMASHED'..

Take a BOW GG… You Magnificent B@stard.. :D:cool::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

With that resolved, how about smiths point about Temptation. THAT was the best comp. It's terrible to remove it. Especially as initially you DID say it was returning with the simpler no bonuses version. You even asked in the thread for someone to manage it. And Fuey said he would. Then you announced the other day it was removed.

That comp is the bomb. Really bring it back. Make it optional again if others dont want to play it. ALready built into the site from last year. Just removing the bonuses part. Sweet.

The Temptation in the poll got 31.3%, add in the 35.4% who said no changes makes over 2/3 who want Temptation back.

HRS got 27.1%, if it was based on the polls wouldn't that be scrapped?
With that resolved, how about smiths point about Temptation. THAT was the best comp. It's terrible to remove it. Especially as initially you DID say it was returning with the simpler no bonuses version. You even asked in the thread for someone to manage it. And Fuey said he would. Then you announced the other day it was removed.

That comp is the bomb. Really bring it back. Make it optional again if others dont want to play it. ALready built into the site from last year. Just removing the bonuses part. Sweet.

I said I was open to it if someone was willing to managed it… Option comp only.. you guys can decide the cost/ prize money break down.. I'll collect funds.

IF fuey can confirm his commitment to managing it.. It's got the GREEN LIGHTS from me.

I said I was open to it if someone was willing to managed it… Option comp only.. you guys can decide the cost/ prize money break down.. I'll collect funds.

IF fuey can confirm his commitment to managing it.. It's got the GREEN LIGHTS from me.

Honestly don't remember saying that, but GG is apparently in my head cos I was thinking of asking that anyway.

Consider the light, green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back