Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm very keen for Andrew Moore to play. I really liked him towards the end of last year and his performance for the Magpies on the weekend was exceptional. His big body around the contest will be valuable.

Moore to come in for Cassisi, Carlile to come in at the expense of Oshea, and Monfries replaces Stewart. Stewart kicked a couple goals early against the Demons but after that he barely touched the ball, i just don't think he made the most out of his chance. Newton deserves another crack because he hasn't really done much wrong from limited opportunities.

I'm expecting it to happen, but I really hope that we don't drop Stewart. Closest thing to an AFL ready third tall forward we have on the list. Hopefully he'd occupy Tom Langdon rather than letting him run around taking intercept marks at will like he's been doing for the most of the year.

Lynch Pods Walker Jenkins all up in the same forward line at points in the game...
we have schulz and westy who may or may not spend more time in the back half!

Ok, as I said dont take much notice of them, didn't realise Lynch was getting a game and just plain forgot about Podsiadly.

To ball or not to ball is usually my question ;)
That sounds more like a Crows fan.

To scream ball or not scream ball,
there's no question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
the slings and arrows of unbiased umpiring
or to take arms as a sea of numbskulls,
and by opposing umpires cow them? To bleat, to moan.

there's no question.

most erudite

*tips hat*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hard to read this game. Both teams everything to play for but down on form. Just hope we play our game style and improve our disposal efficiency. Must must must win contested footy so hope selections reflect.

there's no question.
And they say Portz Powa fans are uncultured!

So hard to read this game. Both teams everything to play for but down on form. Just hope we play our game style and improve our disposal efficiency. Must must must win contested footy so hope selections reflect.
Lets kick more goals then them is a good strategy imo

Two main keys to getting back to our best is IMO

Keeping the Hoff in our forward line:
With Bobby back and if we can keep O'Shea in Tengroves position ( brilliant intercept marking and good rebound)
the Hoff can stay up there

Having an uninjured Monfries in the forward line :
Must have been playing injured before because at his best he is great on the wings and plays tall and can get a regular bag of four goals ( probably our best link up man)

Winning the the stoppages and getting the ball out to the runners and link up men:
Do we go Newts or young
Young is as good at winning the ball as newts and in and under players/ ball winners are now Boak , wines and Young
Once the ball is won who can dispose better to our spreading link up men .... Young or Newts?

Out Cassisi and Stewart ( would like to see him stay in but with Hoff staying up there and a fit Monfries back we should be right)

In: Bobby and Monfries

Young sub but if Newton ain't winning the ball and getting it out effectively bring the sub in early

Edit bring Moorey in for Newts

Most likely changes imo, but I've been surprised by selections often during King Ken's reign:

Ins: Bobby, Monfries and Moore
Outs: Cassisi, Stewart and Newton
Yep I think this is how we'll go but I'm hoping Ken can resist picking Mitchell after one good albeit ineffective disposal laden game. To be realistic you can't bring in all the players who put their hands up in one game against the Crows reserves who have pretty shallow depth.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Mitch gets selected at O'Shea's expense because his efforts at AFL level are better & more consistent than most games Kane's played this year, he provided a lot of rebound against the Dees & doesn't deserve to make way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back