Super Rugby 2014 Super Rugby Grand Final: Waratahs v Crusaders

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my ticket yesterday ($22 somehow) so I'm pretty excited for it. Crusaders are the only side that were going to stop the Tahs in a home GF I think. Travel won't be too much of an issue, they have all the experience in the world and have played with each other for years.

Got my ticket yesterday ($22 somehow) so I'm pretty excited for it. Crusaders are the only side that were going to stop the Tahs in a home GF I think. Travel won't be too much of an issue, they have all the experience in the world and have played with each other for years.

Got bought a ticket by a stationery supplier at work.

Happy days.

Go the Tahs.

Link

For Richie McCaw the job of preparing for big rugby matches should be as simple as flicking dust off his shoes.

That, he says, is nonsense - the anxiety will never go away.

Despite playing 127 tests, appearing in three World Cups and making 137 appearances for the Crusaders, the 33-year-old flanker still finds himself burning-off nervous energy ahead of crucial matches such as Saturday night's Super Rugby grand final against the Waratahs in Sydney.

''Yeah, definitely. It is a good sort of nerves, though,'' McCaw said

Link

The NSW Waratahs have predictably named an unchanged starting line-up for Saturday's Super Rugby final against the Crusaders at ANZ Stadium as they seek to convert an eight-match winning streak into a maiden title.

With no injury concerns following last Saturday's 26-8 semifinal win over the Brumbies, head coach Michael Cheika has retained the 23-man squad that provided the success-starved franchise with a historic home final.

Whats it like in sydney this week? Is it like an AFL/NRL grand final with everyone talking about it etc?

Rugby just isn't loved on the same scale in Sydney like rugby league is in Sydney/Brisbane and AFL is in Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth. So in certain parts of the city, it's pretty big news and excitement is strong but in total around greater Sydney, it's not the same as an AFL or NRL grand final.

Hate and I mean HATE that the game is on the same weekend as the Swans/Bombers. Wish one of them wasn't this week. Going to both but I'll be exhausted!

Tahs by 10, Hooper MOTM.

Yeah I'd say that might cost at least another 5k people at the rugby. In my experience there's more crossover between rugby union fans and AFL fans in Sydney than there is with AFL and rugby league fans. There'd be some people that would have wanted to go to both in a perfect world but for reasons of budget or time had to pick one, and those that prefer AFL would have been at the Swans game.

It's a shame they couldn't get all that close to a sell out. I feel they've been unable to sell it as a big enough 'event' - like for instance the baseball was earlier in the year. The reality is that a super rugby final in Sydney is a very rare event and they haven't been able to hype it enough to get the non rugby fans out there for the occasion. Still, to get but over 55k as expected will be a record for super rugby.

I hope your prediction is correct, but I'm nervous. Crusaders have so much class and are peaking at the right time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what a finish!! Foley held his nerve amazingly well. That kick was right at his limit.

4 great tries in the game, very physical. Great final.

BERNARD FOLEY YOU LEGEND!!!!!

Can't stand the Crusaders and support the Waratahs so I'm feeling pretty happy at the moment. I remember when Queensland won the Super Rugby and were at their peak in the State of Origin in 2011 (the Brisbane Roar won the A-League in unbelievable circumstances that year as well) and I remember thinking that it was a good year for sport in Queensland and that our State's turn would come. Tonight it has.

GO THE WARATAHS!

Swans to make it 3 from 3 in September?

That match took me back to the great Bledisloe clashes of the late 90's / early 2000's. Great stuff. Felt like rugby's back!

Best game of Rugby I've seen since the Reds won in 2011.

And I hate the Reds.

Just got back from overseas so I haven't been posting here, great win by the Tahs! Could the Wallabies buck the trend of the previous 8 Bledisloe Cups?

Just got back from overseas so I haven't been posting here, great win by the Tahs! Could the Wallabies buck the trend of the previous 8 Bledisloe Cups?

I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it at least goes to a decider in Brisbane. That would be epic.

If the Wallabies do win the Bledisloe, and the NRC is a reasonable success (i.e. it's financially sustainable, uncovers some big new talents and has a few matches draw a decent crowd and TV audience) then 2014 would go down as the best for Australian rugby for a very long time.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I hope it at least goes to a decider in Brisbane. That would be epic.

If the Wallabies do win the Bledisloe, and the NRC is a reasonable success (i.e. it's financially sustainable, uncovers some big new talents and has a few matches draw a decent crowd and TV audience) then 2014 would go down as the best for Australian rugby for a very long time.

And it would be great timing too. The World Cup being next year, plus a full spring tour to experiment/prepare for it

Back