Tour de France 2014

Who do you think will win the Tour de France 2014?

• Alberto Contador

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright i need some help, my cunning plan to use stage 20 for my bonus fantasy stage had been decimated by crashes and withdrawals to my "murderers row" for the TT rider. With Froome, Cancellara and Contador gone who should i be trading in for the TT stage. At the moment the only good TT riders i know of are

Tony Martin
Alejandro Valverde
Vincenzo Nibali

I think Sagan and Van Garderen are good as well but does anyone wanna throw out a top for the TT to help a brother out?

Alright i need some help, my cunning plan to use stage 20 for my bonus fantasy stage had been decimated by crashes and withdrawals to my "murderers row" for the TT rider. With Froome, Cancellara and Contador gone who should i be trading in for the TT stage. At the moment the only good TT riders i know of are

Tony Martin
Alejandro Valverde
Vincenzo Nibali

I think Sagan and Van Garderen are good as well but does anyone wanna throw out a top for the TT to help a brother out?
Inxausti, Rogers, Chavanel, Durbridge (though after 3 weeks he might struggle)

I have 3 trades left, who should I trade out of my Fantasy squad and who should I bring in?
Current team:
Mollema, Bardet, Pinot, Tejay, Nibali, Peraud, Valverde, Van den Broeck and Konig. Want a few smokie TT riders.

Am thinking of bringing in Inxausti and 2 other TT smokies?

Please help!

Not sure what comp your in re: values but Barta from Net App is a decent TT'er and one missed in here is Kiryienka from Sky. Oliveira from Lampre was dominant in junior and U/23 TT's as a really cheap smokie.

Not sure what comp your in re: values but Barta from Net App is a decent TT'er and one missed in here is Kiryienka from Sky. Oliveira from Lampre was dominant in junior and U/23 TT's as a really cheap smokie.
In the ultimate dream teams comp. So can get anyone. Who out of my list would you trade out?
Mollema, Bardet, Pinot, Tejay, Nibali, Peraud, Valverde, Van den Broeck and Konig

Tony Martin
Alejandro Valverde
Vincenzo Nibali

if i'd seen this the other day i would have said demoulin, because i bought him in for the ITT stage and he came second.

or so i thought.

turns out i bought the wrong demoulin in, i traded in the AG2R one instead of the Garmin-Sharp one.

tsk tsk.

just going to show it pays to know your demoulins from your demoulins.

If you enjoyed the last 3 weeks, don't leave us yet. Plenty of amazing racing to come in 2014, including the show down of Froome vs. Quintana in just a few weeks time at the Vuelta.

The TdF is certainly not the be-all and end-all of the cycling calender and if you are interested, a few of us watch near every pro race every season.

Need some tempting or convincing? Look at this stage in the Vuelta:

16_perfil.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need some tempting or convincing?

I need me some foxtel.

Which isn't going to happen, so while SBS might show a stage or two, if they do it will start at 11pm most likely and be delayed.

So developing more than a passing interest will be difficult.

If you enjoyed the last 3 weeks, don't leave us yet. Plenty of amazing racing to come in 2014, including the show down of Froome vs. Quintana in just a few weeks time at the Vuelta.

The TdF is certainly not the be-all and end-all of the cycling calender and if you are interested, a few of us watch near every pro race every season.

Need some tempting or convincing? Look at this stage in the Vuelta:

16_perfil.png
Looks good ;). Just a question, Is there a fantasy comp for the Vuelta?

I need me some foxtel.

Which isn't going to happen, so while SBS might show a stage or two, if they do it will start at 11pm most likely and be delayed.

So developing more than a passing interest will be difficult.

Get on cyclingtorrents.nl and quick stat. Every pro tour race in a variety of qualities/lengths.

I generally download while I'm getting ready every morning and watch on the train.

Outside of the TdF, results are rarely spoiled.

Get on cyclingtorrents.nl and quick stat. Every pro tour race in a variety of qualities/lengths.

I generally download while I'm getting ready every morning and watch on the train.

Outside of the TdF, results are rarely spoiled.

just not interested in watching something that's already happened

and it would be nigh on impossible to avoid the results all day at work anyway and then watch the night after.

just not interested in watching something that's already happened

and it would be nigh on impossible to avoid the results all day at work anyway and then watch the night after.
That's your personal choice. I don't get off on watching something live just for the sake of it - can watch it with the same enjoyment no matter how long after (provided the results have not been spoiled).

Why would it be impossible to avoid results? If you want to get into cycling, not much is stopping you apart from yourself. Sounds like you aren't that keen.

Why would it be impossible to avoid results? .

it would require either not going on facebook at all for the duration of the race, or un-liking dozens of cycling related pages that filter into my newsfeed.

same goes for bigfooty & cyclingnews the website and the forum.

don't talk to people at work either.

If you want to get into cycling, not much is stopping you apart from yourself. Sounds like you aren't that keen.

keen on what? cycling? or watching cycling on television?

you're right, maybe i'm just not cut out for it, *SIGH*

In my defence though, I did travel to see Paris-Roubaix live last year, and the year before that the tour, went to 4 stages and rode 1 of them.

And also went to the tour a few years before that. Does that count for anything? :oops:

it would require either not going on facebook at all for the duration of the race, or un-liking dozens of cycling related pages that filter into my newsfeed.

same goes for bigfooty & cyclingnews the website and the forum.

don't talk to people at work either.

All sound like easy to overcome excuses, apart from the talking to people at work. I suppose I'm lucky, no one discusses cycling outside of the TdF at my work. Even if they did, it'd be easy for me to say 'hey, no spoilers on the San Sebastion from last night, I'm watching it tonight!'.

Also - you like dozens of cycling related pages? But don't watch cycling much outside of the TdF? Odd.

keen on what? cycling? or watching cycling on television?

Keen on following/watching.

Also - you like dozens of cycling related pages? But don't watch cycling much outside of the TdF? Odd.

Keen on following/watching.

i like dozens of cycling related pages because i ride my bike a lot and as a result i'm interested in bikes, cycling, etc

there's also plenty available outside the tdf which i do watch, i am not sure why you made that assumption.

there's also other ways to follow a race without sitting down and watching every stage (similar to trying to follow the bulldogs living in perth when you don't have foxtel)

i felt i explained myself pretty clearly and you also completely ignored the second half of my post.

so i don't really understand what you're trying to achieve with this current line of needling, but whatever floats your boat though. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
there's plenty available outside the tdf which i do watch, i am not sure why you made that assumption.

there's also other ways to follow a race without sitting down and watching every stage (similar to trying to follow the bulldogs living in perth when you don't have foxtel)

i felt i explained myself pretty clearly and you also completely ignored the second half of my post.

so i don't really understand what you're trying to achieve with this current line of needling, but whatever floats your boat though. :thumbsu:
Just find it actually interesting all these excuses you have to stop yourself having more than a 'passing interest'. Most just seem like that - excuses.

The second half of your post wasn't really relevant to keeping up to date with cycling outside of the TdF. I think it's great that you've been to races, good on you.

I find it doubly interesting that you have been to races, yet don't put in the small amount of effort (un-like some FB pages, don't visit the dead BF cycling subforum, don't visit cycling news sites) to watch more.

I suppose I get frustrated when people simply say following cycling is too hard, when I know the opposite is true.

Back