Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Crossover of the Week

Each week, a non-Aussie rules club from anywhere in the world is chosen for the designers to make footy jumpers for. As a bare minimum, you need to make home and away/clash jumpers, but you can choose to add additional jumpers (heritage, pre-season, charity etc.), or even a re-worked logo as part of your entry. The winner would then choose the club for the following week.

It's not much, and I'm sure it's been done before, but it's something to get some designs coming through the board again.

That was my first post I think, I was a lot more immature at 15.
Yeah haha this.

I really hope nobody brings up any of my moments when I was 15 on BigFooty.

I had a bunch of alerts about likes in this thread, and thought my competition might be getting some support. But nope, just posts about Runescape.. haha

But srsly, I know its a pretty boring idea for a comp, but we need more to get people interested again. Especially since we've got a few new posters on the board at the moment.
Crossover of the Week

Each week, a non-Aussie rules club from anywhere in the world is chosen for the designers to make footy jumpers for. As a bare minimum, you need to make home and away/clash jumpers, but you can choose to add additional jumpers (heritage, pre-season, charity etc.), or even a re-worked logo as part of your entry. The winner would then choose the club for the following week.

It's not much, and I'm sure it's been done before, but it's something to get some designs coming through the board again.

I had a bunch of alerts about likes in this thread, and thought my competition might be getting some support. But nope, just posts about Runescape.. haha

But srsly, I know its a pretty boring idea for a comp, but we need more to get people interested again. Especially since we've got a few new posters on the board at the moment.[/QUOTE)

Good idea:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
Introducing RCC- Random Colour Combinations!

Dunno whether this has been done before but maybe a competition where someone chooses two random colours and you have to make a new team's kit E:G Red and Gold- Darwin Roos or Green and silver- Delhi Cobras.it would get creative juices running rather than just doing an AFL team redesign.But the beauty of the competition is that there is no guidelines to say what team you are making, just the colours so you can make any team you want.

Last edited:

But srsly, I know its a pretty boring idea for a comp, but we need more to get people interested again. Especially since we've got a few new posters on the board at the moment.
It has been done before, just type in Crossover of the Week into the search bar. I'd love to see it come back though, I joined the forum not long after it finished I think.
Dunno whether this has been done before but maybe a competition where someone chooses two random colours and you have to make a new team's kit E:G Red and Gold- Darwin Roos or Green and silver- Delhi Cobras.it would get creative juices running rather than just doing an AFL team redesign.
From memory, I don't think it has been done. You've got my like, I'd be interested in how you do it

It has been done before, just type in Crossover of the Week into the search bar. I'd love to see it come back though, I joined the forum not long after it finished I think.
From memory, I don't think it has been done. You've got my like, I'd be interested in how you do it
Thanks.Nine more to go!

I won't be here for the next three weeks to run it, but before I forget the idea:

As we saw the Charlotte Hornets release a range of logos yesterday, I though we could attempt to do this for the AFL teams. This would mean about 5-10 different logos for each club. Logo categories would include: Official logo, Away Logo, Wordmark, Monogram, etc.

If this gets the ten likes, I don't mind if someone else wants to run it.
Seeing the lack of competitions on this board, I am willing to run this competition that I mentioned at the end of last season. It already had seven likes. Looking for 3 more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had the idea of starting a competition in the same vain as NAFL, IFA and the like, where teams submitted come from fictional cities from movies or literature.

Gotham, Metropolas, Kings Landing, Tatooine, etc etc.

Clubs would submit only three jumpers for simplicity, a home, away and clash, and a logo. I will give two weeks to get entries (strictly first in best dressed) and have a comp of about 12 rounds.

Thoughts? Interest? Comments?

I've had the idea of starting a competition in the same vain as NAFL, IFA and the like, where teams submitted come from fictional cities from movies or literature.

Gotham, Metropolas, Kings Landing, Tatooine, etc etc.

Clubs would submit only three jumpers for simplicity, a home, away and clash, and a logo. I will give two weeks to get entries (strictly first in best dressed) and have a comp of about 12 rounds.

Thoughts? Interest? Comments?
That was done before. Fantasy Football League or something? It was a great idea

Introducing RCC- Random Colour Combinations!

Dunno whether this has been done before but maybe a competition where someone chooses two random colours and you have to make a new team's kit E:G Red and Gold- Darwin Roos or Green and silver- Delhi Cobras.it would get creative juices running rather than just doing an AFL team redesign.But the beauty of the competition is that there is no guidelines to say what team you are making, just the colours so you can make any team you want.
Isn't that a similar idea to my competition?

I had this idea coming from the colourful training jumpers.
Random Colour Competition
Imagine turning on your tv and seeing a pink team playing against a yellow team. Now imagine the shock you would get by finding out these two teams were Essendon and Geelong. This is the Random Colour Competition. The rules are:
1)You must keep the general design elements and
2)You must make the random colour the main colour
3)Colours must not have been used in previous jumpers however they can have been used in a training jumper

This is mine. A weekly one. This is the example for Adelaide.
Clash Jumper Of The Week
Not happy with a clubs clash jumper? Sick and tired of wasting money to go to a match and see your club come out in a pathetic excuse for a clash jumper? Wanting a new clash jumper for a club? Well you're in luck! Welcome to Clash Jumper Of The Week. This week is Adelaide. Here's the current Clash Jumper:
image.jpg
Credit to Mero's site footyjumpers.com
Manufacturer: Puma
You have 1 week. Good luck

Who thinks this is a good idea for a competition?

HaroCant ll said this a couple of pages back, but there needs to be more comps on. What draws people to this site is the opportunity to improve designing, and with the little amount of comps it draws people away. People are actively posting on threads like the request thread so why not for a comp? It's not that hard too design just one jumper...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back