List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Levi Casboult? What's his current status? Has the second best hands in the comp, but best for a forward. Pretty shocking kick and probably at this age won't ever really be fixed, but where's he at?

Freo just need a forward who can compete and clunk. Would like him at Freo, think he goes ok.

Name your price, player, pick or combo.

I won't suggest mine yet.
I can only assume the kicking coach(es) are working with him overtime. Given his obvious strength at taking a pack mark I'm happy to give his kicking a bit longer and suggest work on his ability to spot another player closer in.

Cut too deep this year then we will have too few uncontracted players in 2015 and then have to cut someone who doesn't deserve it.
There will be mistakes made but it is important we rebuild with the right calibre of talented players across each line. We have been where we are for a decade plus now.....things have to change!

So if we do get Boyd. How would our forward structure work? Without knowing who we gave up to get Boyd.

Boyd, Casboult, Kruezer, Henderson and Waite.

If Kruezer is ruck then he and Casboult are swapping in and out which would then leave Boyd Henderson and Waite. We could move Henderson to the back line. That would balance it a bit.
My question is are Boyd, Casboult/Kruezer sufficiently agile enough to compliment and play cohesively together in the forwardline?

Now add Wood to that situation. He would only play if Kruezer did not. Clearly no room for Warnock.
I'd almost suggest Waite would be at turn expense of Boyd.

We have this strange rotating CHF thing we've been doing so either Boyd or patton would have to develop a tank to slot into the forward structure we have.

That is unless we leave them at home and just rotate hendo and cas.

I can see Cas, Wood and Kruez alternating forward and ruck (resting ruck) Which is funny as Boyd is taller than each of them.
Boyd could be the stay at home leading FF type with Hendo / Waite as our flexible running CHF.
A question comes up, as Cas and Boyd are similar types, will they get in the way of each other?

Should Waite remain at Carlton then (as has been previously mentioned) he could be utilized on the Wing with licence to go forward.
Although I think he needs a focus to play consistently. I would like him to stay at Carlton on 1 year performance based contracts.

I am not up for trading Jeff G, we wont get any where near his true value at the moment.
I think we should give him time to sort out his off field situation. Let him go home for awhile with support or if necessary bring some of his family support over.

Ultimately I am stoked that we are trying to get Boyd and will fit him into the team anywhere.

I'd almost suggest Waite would be at turn expense of Boyd.

We have this strange rotating CHF thing we've been doing so either Boyd or patton would have to develop a tank to slot into the forward structure we have.

That is unless we leave them at home and just rotate hendo and cas.
Cas has a pretty big tank for someone his size. I've heard players/coaching staff say it regularly and you can see it in on gameday.
If we have the luxury of playing Boyd next season then its highly possible that Cas could play he more mobile role of the two.
God, I'm uncomfortable mentioning Boyd's name like he was already at the club - jinx material right there.

If your improving on a list you need to make sure your incoming talents matches or exceeds the out going. Fair enough to turn over the list but if you don't have a replacement of any notable quality you go backwards and it's counter productive
i see, fair call then
Cas has a pretty big tank for someone his size. I've heard players/coaching staff say it regularly and you can see it in on gameday.
If we have the luxury of playing Boyd next season then its highly possible that Cas could play he more mobile role of the two.
God, I'm uncomfortable mentioning Boyd's name like he was already at the club - jinx material right there.

boyd who ? Bam - unjinx!

We essentially play 3 CHF atm each of the guys take turns pushing up the ground lead to the half back line to link up then return forward.

The next one in line then does this while 1 stays at home and the 3rd around the 50m line. Very interesting to watch and unique forward structure I never see mentioned here but to maintain this and it's potency any incoming forward needs to have the tank to fit in.

It basically means opposition defenders need to rotate on the forward they are playing against ever 2 or 3 minutes rather than have a FF/FB and CHF/CHB match up.

We essentially play 3 CHF atm each of the guys take turns pushing up the ground lead to the half back line to link up then return forward.

The next one in line then does this while 1 stays at home and the 3rd around the 50m line. Very interesting to watch and unique forward structure I never see mentioned here but to maintain this and it's potency any incoming forward needs to have the tank to fit in.

It basically means opposition defenders need to rotate on the forward they are playing against ever 2 or 3 minutes rather than have a FF/FB and CHF/CHB match up.
I guess my question is to what extent does our current forward structure reflect the type of forwards we have at our disposal? If we were to land a gorilla type KPF then there is the chance that MM - the wily old coach - would adjust his forward structure to better suit the strengths of his players.

I guess my question is to what extent does our current forward structure reflect the type of forwards we have at our disposal? If we were to land a gorilla type KPF then there is the chance that MM - the wily old coach - would adjust his forward structure to better suit the strengths of his players.
This is true I'd just hate for us to lose our potency and unpredictability for sake of a traditional set up.

I have confidence in the coaching staff to come up with a working structure like they have right now. Green seems to be doing his job.

Not doubting his ability at all but regardless of who we pick up be it a trade, FA or draft I'd like to see them fit into our structure as it seems to be coming together nicely. If we have to change the structure I'm happy for that too but I don't want to see us abandon a working set up for the sake of a traditional one just because.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

true, the way i read your post was, hey boyd is another hawkinss, just a few years behind, meaning that his ceiling will be the max of what hawkins can ever produce. I said, or meant, i think you're wrong, and that is insulting Boyd, but time will tell.

If Boyd comes to us and only gets to Hawkins "best". I would be pretty stoked tbh

I just read that Alec Waterman wasn't invited to the draft combine. Would that mean maybe the Eagles would get away with using their 3rd pick on him? Maybe there's a chance we could get their 2nd for Jeffy. Everytime I watch them they clearly lack a small forward. It's land of the giants in their forwardline and when the ball hits the deck it just gets run out easily because there's no one there.

Also last I checked we hadn't actually landed any KPF yet... A lot of talk as of its a done deal, I'd say it's more likely to not happen

I just read that Alec Waterman wasn't invited to the draft combine. Would that mean maybe the Eagles would get away with using their 3rd pick on him? Maybe there's a chance we could get their 2nd for Jeffy. Everytime I watch them they clearly lack a small forward. It's land of the giants in their forwardline and when the ball hits the deck it just gets run out easily because there's no one there.
Would LeCras fall into small forward category?

Maybe the WC Eagles are back to their old staging skills and have deployed Waterman to take a dive and they'll get a free hit later in the draft...?
Could Jeffy get a gig this week @ Subi to showcase those crumbing skills on said oval where he could dominate for WCE?
They were always chasing a small forward in Woosha's reign without success after Sampi. Could still be well regarded to fill a role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back