Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

It would take infinite more courage to blow the whistle if you were compromised yourself.
(i.e. It would take more courage to blow the whistle if you were bent)
Crooks revealing information about their crooked lives in the hope of a reduction to their sentences is pretty common. It's very useful for the rest of society, and can be a bit courageous when you see the highest profile crims like Carl Williams somehow, mysteriously, get lax protection while giving evidence. However, mostly this 'information' is just invention and idiocy in the greedy hope that they will get away with a slap on the wrist. In Jackson's case she had dirt on people and those people had dirt on her. It's good to get it into the open, but she isn't telling the plain truth, is she? She's trying to make herself look better. And her actions in the first place (see below) aren't courageous. They're the opposite.

Last edited:
Because Medusala said so - god! Why are people always asking him for evidence, when he is clearly so keen not to provide it. It's a campaign, yeah? Like how is this even a story? Who cares about Cancer researchers...
Ms Jackson, under oath, had claimed at the royal commission last month that workers received ‘‘millions of dollars’’ in back pay which she said was on top of the $250,000 payment made from the hospital in 2003 to her Health Services Union No.3 branch. Detailed annual financial records from the hospital show no record of any money being back-paid to workers nor the $250,000 settlement.
...and corruption...
Ms Jackson has admitted using that $250,000 settlement as seed money for a bank account from which she withdrew tens of thousands of dollars and used for personal spending...When asked, she said she had no recollection of why large sums of money – ranging from $3500 to $50,000 – had been withdrawn as her only records were kept in an exercise book which had gone missing. She said she had been authorised by her committee of management to spend $4000 a year for her personal benefit from the fund in lieu of overtime.
...and people in need of a union, being ****ed over by their union rep.
New evidence submitted to the royal commission will also allege that Ms Jackson actively discouraged hospital workers from pursuing the back-pay claim and warned them they could lose their jobs if they did.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...n-cuts-deal-20140720-zuodr.html#ixzz38WmLumLM

All l*uvvies can line up here behind Williamson and Thomson to get their pound of flesh off Jackson today :D
Will Williamson be allowed to watch from jail?

All l*uvvies can line up here behind Williamson and Thomson to get their pound of flesh off Jackson today :D
Will Williamson be allowed to watch from jail?

If Abbott is a part of it , then he should be called up isn't this Royal Commission supposed to be stamping out corruption ?

Last edited:
Rubbish. What it highlighted is that all unions are corrupt.

Nope it highlights , Abbott's poor judgement , there has not been a good one yet
Abbott called Jackson an honest woman and he would trust her over the unions

Abbott should be called to give evidence , he was the one who appointed Michael Lawler as the head of the now fwa ,

The pro coalition media Micheal smith is supporting kathy Jackson

The same micheal smith , who the coalition members attended his wedding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of an exagerration. That is like saying all big business is corrupt!

neither are corrupt per se, rather people are corrupt.

The question is, what organisations are corrupt people attracted to? anywhere where there are easy pickings like unions, churches and companies.

Unfortunately, it only takes one or two rotten elements to corrupt a whole organisation especially if they are at the top. The other question is what organisations have a legitimate purpose, are governed by law and promote ethical standards?

Last edited:
How about putting down the poms poms for a while or does the ALP pay you by the word?
What's wrong - cat got your backbone? You join the esteemed company of Power Raid in resorting to accusing me of being a stooge rather than arguing your points.

Of course if people did want to look for stooges, they might consider people who were extremely passionate about things while the Coalition was in opposition, yet have effectively disappeared after the election - as if they were on a contract or something. Not that I think there are any paid stooges on BF.

Surprised if there wasn't. The EU has been caught lately advertising for people to aggressively counter euroscepticism on internet sites and social media, I would be amazed if political parties aren't at it as well.
I've seen similar accusations about pro-Israel comments. But the most likely stooges on here are frankly too bad at their job to justify payment (Dan26, GuruJane). I did find it extremely interesting that after some, ah, interesting behaviour as Mod on these pages, Caesar posted a 'Who are you voting for?' thread and chose a Palmer United candidate as 1st preference. It was an odd choice given everything he'd said. Dry Rot forecast that he was going to stop posting once the Liberals won, which was also very odd. But with both him and Caesar I think they have given with what backstory they have shared, a few reasons why they might have been vindictive, rather than paid. Dry Rot moreso. But I should stop pretending I know who these people are.

For actual paid stooges, my money is on the small government types. A few in my time here have written posts that referred to the US far more than Aus, and so a Koch Brothers type organisation might be responsible for that. Their web crawlers might incorrectly pick up a conversation here as being relevant to US politics, or they might want to spread those ideas wide to create more of an illusion of a grass roots groundswell.

Last edited:
neither are corrupt per se, rather people are corrupt.

The question is, what organisations are corrupt people attracted to? anywhere whre their are easy pickings like unions, churches and companies.

Unfortunately, it only takes one or two rotten elements to corrupt a whole organisation especially if they are at the top. The other question is what organisations have a legitimate purpose, are governed by law and promote ethical standards?
Well that rules out most companies.

What's wrong - cat got your backbone? You join the esteemed company of Power Raid in resorting to accusing me of being a stooge rather than arguing your points.

Of course if people did want to look for stooges, they might consider people who were extremely passionate about things while the Coalition was in opposition, yet have effectively disappeared after the election - as if they were on a contract or something. Not that I think there are any paid stooges on BF.

but you are a stooge aren't you. I thought you admitted you were a Labor staffer or some other association?

but you are a stooge aren't you. I thought you admitted you were a Labor staffer or some other association?
See, Meds? This is how lame that sort of an attempted argument is. You've brought yourself down to PR's level, and when I first signed on here you were talked up as an economic genius who would rip apart my suggestion that our debt levels were fine. Something Joe Hockey seemingly agreed with in NZ last week.

See, Meds? This is how lame that sort of an attempted argument is. You've brought yourself down to PR's level, and when I first signed on here you were talked up as an economic genius who would rip apart my suggestion that our debt levels were fine. Something Joe Hockey seemingly agreed with in NZ last week.

brought down? by asking a simple question?

I've seen similar accusations about pro-Israel comments. But the most likely stooges on here are frankly too bad at their job to justify payment (Dan26, GuruJane). I did find it extremely interesting that after some, ah, interesting behaviour as Mod on these pages, Caesar posted a 'Who are you voting for?' thread and chose a Palmer United candidate as 1st preference. It was an odd choice given everything he'd said. Dry Rot forecast that he was going to stop posting once the Liberals won, which was also very odd. But with both him and Caesar I think they have given with what backstory they have shared, a few reasons why they might have been vindictive, rather than paid. Dry Rot moreso..

Eh? Care to expand?

Eh? Care to expand?
In those PMs, which obviously I won't reveal unless you're fine with it, you forecast that you would stop posting so often. After you had spent an awful long time - months and months and months posting articles from The Australian as if it isn't a highly dodgy newspaper when it comes to politics.

(EDITED to clear up confusion, after it could've been read out of context as if Dry Rot had said the second sentence - rather than that being my own 'expansion'/justification for being suss on a sudden change in posting behaviour. Original confusing version can be read below in DR's post.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back