Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Gee I hope we are only rumoured..

But Patton was seen AGAIN at Whitten Oval - as recently as the Monday after the Freo game. Clearly we are eyeing off a Shaw/Adams straight swap kind of deal.

Obviously Jon was checking out how much had changed since his last visit (which he hid by flying to America as cover). ;)

Personally I think he will be at least as good as Lachie Henderson at the same age

Having had an interested eye on both, I'd say Jaksch is significantly more developed. For quite a while there there was some doubt in my mind as to whether Henderson would make it. He was occasionally solid, often awful (just didn't know how to play down back, couldn't take a mark up forward). Jaksch has looked a lot better than him at a similar age, in that I'm confident of him at least being a solid player through his career.

Son_Of_God29

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund
Sorry to intrude guys and I'm not sure if this has been covered would like to know what Buntine would be worth in a straight swap

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Sorry to intrude guys and I'm not sure if this has been covered would like to know what Buntine would be worth in a straight swap

Interesting question. Last year I would have said Horlin-Smith but the Hyphen has cracked the big time this year and it would have to be Buntine + something more than steak knives to equal his worth.

There's not a lot, to be honest, that would be a straight swap. Why is Taylor Hunt on the outer? Was very good for a while and improving all the time, but has only played 7 this season. I'd maybe look at that depending on the answer.

Jed Bews? Father son so I doubt it. Also haven't seen enough of him, but have liked what I have seen.

What's the story with Schroder? - won the Liston but has only played 5 games and none this year. He'd probably be the only other one I'd talk about - again depending on the answers as to why he can't get a game at the Cats and what his VFL form is like.

Anyone else and the equation is imbalanced one way or the other.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interesting question. Last year I would have said Horlin-Smith but the Hyphen has cracked the big time this year and it would have to be Buntine + something more than steak knives to equal his worth.

There's not a lot, to be honest, that would be a straight swap. Why is Taylor Hunt on the outer? Was very good for a while and improving all the time, but has only played 7 this season. I'd maybe look at that depending on the answer.

Jed Bews? Father son so I doubt it. Also haven't seen enough of him, but have liked what I have seen.

What's the story with Schroder? - won the Liston but has only played 5 games and none this year. He'd probably be the only other one I'd talk about - again depending on the answers as to why he can't get a game at the Cats and what his VFL form is like.

Son_Of_God29

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund

Like the idea of either Schroeder or T.Hunt - Shrodes can't get a game due to Cam Guthrie playing more midfield than half back his VFL for has been pretty good this year - T.Hunt appears to have had his papers stamped I would think has had a niggling groin injury in 2014 and hasn't been able to get a sustained crack at it. Very interested in Buntine considering there appears to be a surplus of his type at the Giants

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
What kind of player do you guys think SOS and Cameron will target? A lot of talk being bandied around about Jaksch or Boyd being targeted (heavily) by the Blues... what kind of player (save for the obvious and ungettable Gibbs, Murph, Kreuz etc) would GWS take/want in a deal?

Names that may be offered/considered in a deal (from Carlton's view):

Andrew Walker
Jeffy Garlett
Robbie Warnock
Kane Lucas
Mitch Robinson
Brock McLean

Whether GWS even pick up the phone is another question all together, and it would seem most likely that any deal involving Boyd would need our first (~6) for it be considered.
I'm thinking Jaksch & Sumner for pick 6.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Someone we should look at or is he done

NORM Smith medallist Ryan O’Keefe has revealed his desire to continue his AFL career at another club next year.
The Sydney Swans veteran, an unrestricted free agent at season’s end, has played just four games this year after being dropped in round four.
O’Keefe’s management confirmed to The Footy Show the dual premiership player was set to look elsewhere for 2015.
“Ryan will be exercising his right as a free agent. His body is sound, he loves footy and he's not ready to hang up the boots,” Darian Lobb of MVP Management said. “He wants the opportunity to play at another club.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/okeefe-open-to-offers

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Decent stop gap and insurance but is the reason he is not playing because his body is cooked?

Only this is next year with a full choice of our mids available can people see him keeping out Greene, Treloar, shiel, Whitfield, coniglio, whe, Tomlinson, ward, Scully, petracca?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

snitzel

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GWS
Well OKeefe suits recent drafting Giants have done. Age means experience.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I think Rhino would have been invaluable in year 1 or year 2 but our mids are really starting to take shape and he would be costing somebody development (provided he could even get a spot which I doubt).

As ridiculous as it sounds I would take a Brian Lake for 1 year over an O'Keefe as our defence is still a shambles and blokes like Plowman and Corr are still 2 years away from playing consistent footy down back.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gee I hope we are only rumoured..
Based on what?
Higgins as a player?
Or just wanting to keep list spots open for kids?

I think your club is still very interested in spreading the age profile of your list like it or not.

Higgins is a very good player, don't believe the bf misconceptions.

Doubt he'll be at the Giants next year anyway so rest easy.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

THunt ..combination of Guthrie and injury
Schroder may end up being a bargain for someone. He no world beater but could develop into very solid player.

Either as a swap for Buntine could be a win/win . Neither are duds in my opinion and both have plenty of years in them.

Based on what?
Higgins as a player?
Or just wanting to keep list spots open for kids?

I think your club is still very interested in spreading the age profile of your list like it or not.

Higgins is a very good player, don't believe the bf misconceptions.

Doubt he'll be at the Giants next year anyway so rest easy.
Based on his health record.
No doubting his potential, but I see him as an unnecessary risk for us.

Last edited:

GreaterWeStener

Team Captain
Dec 18, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Even though he's apparently lost some pace, I think his professionalism and experience would be a valuable addition. Play him as a small forward to provide the young players the benefits of an experienced head.

He did look to move to Victoria a few years ago so he's probably more likely to end up down there.
Hoping we are past being fossil's pension fund.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Based on his health record.
No doubting his potential, but I see him as an unnecessary risk for us.
Yeah there is that.
I think if you're adding mature guys to your list they need to be more cake guys than icing guys. You already have icing coming out your ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back