IN: Melksham, Hardingham, Jetta

Hurley Fletch Baguley
Dempsey Hooker Winders
Stanton Myers Colyer
Goddard Carlisle Zaharakis
Chapman Ambrose Z.Merrett

Ryder Heppell Hocking

Bench from: Melksham Dell'Olio Hardingham Jetta

Hardingham can play back or forward depedning on where needed, and we need to get Jetta to 100 games (currently on 93) so we can draft his sons if they are any good! Melksham to tag one of their midfield players...We are not without a sneaky chance here, and I wouldn't be bringing TBC in - hes been stop start all season and has missed so much footy thins year - hes only played 5 games and hasnt played a senior game for about 7 weeks so dont think hed be much help here....

medium.jpg

we need to get Jetta to 100 games (currently on 93) so we can draft his sons if they are any good!

I'd sooner have a projectile bowel movement

Apologies but I just can't see how we can win. I feel we need to do something different. Something like a sling shot style? Crowd their forward line of space. Give buddy and tippit and goodes little space. Bog it down and then sling it forward into our open forward line. Heck a few clubs have used that tactic against us to good effect.

Who'll do we think will get Carlisle? Grundy or Richards? And who does the other play on? Can't see these guys chasing Ambrose up and back all day.

If we can structure up right and either get isolation for Buckets or use the attention he draws to free up BJ, Chappy et al then we can trouble Sydney.

Great test of our collective forward line IQ on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the pump up of TBC by the EFC twitter/fb accounts, sounds like he's a likely in this week.

Will be rusty as hell but we can always sub him out around Q3, assuming theres no injuries.

Either way I reckon TBC will hold his own vs Pyke who doesnt jump either but prefers to wrestle so will be a decent chop out while Ryder rest and dominates up forward with Buckets.

Apologies but I just can't see how we can win. I feel we need to do something different. Something like a sling shot style? Crowd their forward line of space. Give buddy and tippit and goodes little space. Bog it down and then sling it forward into our open forward line. Heck a few clubs have used that tactic against us to good effect.

Obviously kill the supply to the forwards and take them out of the game by stifling their mids and gut-running with them when they try to spread or counter. Easier said than done, and won't be pretty to look at, but they're not the trench warriors they used to be. From there, it's just a matter of who makes the most out of their limited chances in front of goal.

If he does play I reckon Tommy should play mostly ruck, and when they move Reid OB swap Paddy in so he doesn't get screwed around the ground

Belcho simply isn't an option in my books. At best he's insurance for Paddy (touch wood)if goes down.

He has looked atrocious all year playing catch up fitness wise & will be a liability if he's played. Seriously don't do it, because Grundy will play off him & support super ted's cause against buckets.

I'd prefer Ambrose to run him into the ground on a high flank & keep coast clear for Jakey to rip Teddy one.

The only game I've ever watched at the SCG was the 96 draw and what a game it was. James Hird kicked a point to draw the game from memory

Yeah - Ryder is in near AA form, so we bring in an under-done Bellchambers to do most of the rucking. What a way to cut your nose off to spite your face.

I'd be VERY surprised if T-bell plays and if he does it reeks of desperation. I'd rather T-Bell play 2 or 3 games of VFL footy and if results fall our way rest Ryder in round 22 or 23.

Has anyone given a thought to the role Zach Merrett might play. If he's in good form, which I believe the bye would've given him enough rest to be up to his pretty high standards I think he may be overlooked.
However knowing they'll have Buckets covered well I'm concerned about our typical inside 50 attempt of "Bomb it to Carlisle" nearly every time. Hopefully we'll have a plan B going forward..

Yeah - Ryder is in near AA form, so we bring in an under-done Bellchambers to do most of the rucking. What a way to cut your nose off to spite your face.

I'd be VERY surprised if T-bell plays and if he does it reeks of desperation. I'd rather T-Bell play 2 or 3 games of VFL footy and if results fall our way rest Ryder in round 22 or 23.

Desperation is having two fit tall forwards on your list when your structure calls for three. Our choices are basically an underdone Bellchambers or pinch-hitting with Hardingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back