BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough start for Haami Williams and Modda. A couple of big losses and looking at another one this week (Ocean Grove). Injuries certainly haven't helped missing 15 senior players before the weekend and another 4 injuries yesterday all in the first qtr!! Injured players at the moment are L.Anderson, C.Mamalis, C.Ovens, T.Smith, J. Loving, T.Perry, B.Wemyss, T.Wemyss, S.Dellow, J.Claffey, L.Davidson, L.Mahoney, Clark and with A.Leslie, S.Hovey and A.Leggett in the reserves getting match fit.

Why would you think Port need or want to merge with Newcombe. Port will be on the improve this season with a very good coach, some good juniors coming through and a solid recruiting campaign.
Port are getting slowly into a better place. Why do people have to belittle them? Remember they don't have the financials resources of many other clubs, but have heart.

Port are getting slowly into a better place. Why do people have to belittle them? Remember they don't have the financials resources of many other clubs, but have heart.
Around 20k paid to an average coach not that long ago seems like a pretty good resource.

Around 20k paid to an average coach not that long ago seems like a pretty good resource.
The coach was average if the win/loss ratio is an indication, but that's chicken feed compared to other clubs?? (Assuming your $20000 figure is correct, how would you know that?) Also I don't think they can pay their players anything like the other clubs. Still don't know why people have to belittle them, eg. a merger with Newcomb. They have a strong culture, loyal support, the best facilities and a very good Junior Program, just not the money other clubs have.

The coach was average if the win/loss ratio is an indication, but that's chicken feed compared to other clubs?? (Assuming your $20000 figure is correct, how would you know that?) Also I don't think they can pay their players anything like the other clubs. Still don't know why people have to belittle them, eg. a merger with Newcomb. They have a strong culture, loyal support, the best facilities and a very good Junior Program, just not the money other clubs have.

Sometimes it takes a bit to get a good coach/player to your club and if its the right fit it will be mutually beneficial, but get it wrong that can set you back. This isn't new to clubs including Port. Sproule has the right idea in getting the culture right and it may take time but has the experience to back it up and all the best to Port.

Watched a good game of Footy on Saturday between Barwon Heads and Modewarre. Modewarre just lacked a little bit polish and poise around the goals probably should have won the game in the end but full credit to Barwon Heads they took there chances and that's what good teams do.

Modewarre certainly have improved in the last few weeks a lot more competitive and a couple of more guys back from injury around the bye should help Leigh Anderson, Luke Davidson, Tyler Wemyss and also Chris Mamalis hopefully.

Also good to see Sprouley doing a good job a Port they are a lot more competitive. The bottom teams from last year such as Angelsea, Modewarre and Port have improved makes for a better competition.

Watched a good game of Footy on Saturday between Barwon Heads and Modewarre. Modewarre just lacked a little bit polish and poise around the goals probably should have won the game in the end but full credit to Barwon Heads they took there chances and that's what good teams do.

Modewarre certainly have improved in the last few weeks a lot more competitive and a couple of more guys back from injury around the bye should help Leigh Anderson, Luke Davidson, Tyler Wemyss and also Chris Mamalis hopefully.

Also good to see Sprouley doing a good job a Port they are a lot more competitive. The bottom teams from last year such as Angelsea, Modewarre and Port have improved makes for a better competition.
On another issue. Why does it take AFL Barwon so long to prepare the Colts and Junior Footy fixtures? I know they have grading etc., but everyone else can see where teams should be divisionally, we have had 6 Rounds, and still can't get a full season fixture??

On another issue. Why does it take AFL Barwon so long to prepare the Colts and Junior Footy fixtures? I know they have grading etc., but everyone else can see where teams should be divisionally, we have had 6 Rounds, and still can't get a full season fixture??
Footyman here again. It's now nearly 6 pm, on the Friday prior to Round 7 of Junior footy, and we still don't have a fixture past tomorrow. Leagues in Melbourne and elsewhere have had full season fixtures up for weeks now. What are they doing in there at AFL Barwon/ Football Geelong? There's no senior footy or Colts to worry about this week due to Interleague. Get on with it guys.

Thought I would reply to this post, as I was back home for the match on May 3 at the Couta Bowl against BH and then the following game at Portarlington. The Gulls looked pretty impressive that day in poor conditions but were a bit lucky towards the end with a few wayward shots by our boys and a dubious goal line call when Tommy Limb clearly kicked the ball over the line but it was ruled a point. But they took their chances when kicking with the wind whilst Cliff just kept bombing it in expecting Frenchy to pull in screamers. As you said Port are a much better side of late and looked pretty good that day too, finishing stronger than the Coutas and outscoring them in the last term. The match a couple of weeks back too looked like a good one.
Good to see Frenchy well in front in the goalkicking though, thought he might struggle with Fast Eddie gone for the year ( was spewing I never got to see Ed play in rounds 5 & 6 ).

With two rounds to go the top 5 looks to be set, with the only game impacting the 5 will be the show down of Barwon Heads Vs Drysdale.

Barwon Heads play a good brand at home and may be hard to beat off the back of the solid win over Geelong Ammos the other week.

How many years would it of been since Barwon Heads have played finals? they did get the speed wobbles last year when they appeared to be a chance of making the 5 with four games out. Only to miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With two rounds to go the top 5 looks to be set, with the only game impacting the 5 will be the show down of Barwon Heads Vs Drysdale.

Barwon Heads play a good brand at home and may be hard to beat off the back of the solid win over Geelong Ammos the other week.

How many years would it of been since Barwon Heads have played finals? they did get the speed wobbles last year when they appeared to be a chance of making the 5 with four games out. Only to miss.
I think the Gulls haven't played finals since 2006 - anyone able to confirm or correct?

I think the Gulls haven't played finals since 2006 - anyone able to confirm or correct?

They have the ball in there court this weekend up against Drysdale, would be good to see them in the finals.

Does anyone have any predictions on what may lay ahead in the finals in terms of a phantom estimate on what may happen? Now with Queenscliff up and running and Torquay knocking off the ammos and ocean grove looking like they can challenge any top side.

They have the ball in there court this weekend up against Drysdale, would be good to see them in the finals.

Does anyone have any predictions on what may lay ahead in the finals in terms of a phantom estimate on what may happen? Now with Queenscliff up and running and Torquay knocking off the ammos and ocean grove looking like they can challenge any top side.
Yep, I'd like to see the Heads there next week too, for two reasons - to get rid of Drysdale, and to ensure a nice result in next week's elimination final !! :)

Yep, I'd like to see the Heads there next week too, for two reasons - to get rid of Drysdale, and to ensure a nice result in next week's elimination final !! :)

Going to script for the Coutas so far. I wonder who they'd have rather played next week. They've beaten Torquay just before finals, but haven't they also knocked off the Grubbers twice this year?
Should be a cracking game, and I might have to consider flying down if they can keep this run going!

Mcsparron and kaine smith to coach Ammos[/QUOTE]
Dom gleeson to torquay. Mcgone putting in for gfl gigs. James Garvey and wiseman to coach heads.[/QUOTE]

Good mail godons.
Torquay has under achieved considering the junior program they have along with the money to chase high profile recruits.

Going to script for the Coutas so far. I wonder who they'd have rather played next week. They've beaten Torquay just before finals, but haven't they also knocked off the Grubbers twice this year?
Should be a cracking game, and I might have to consider flying down if they can keep this run going!
They toasted the Grubbers a few weeks back by 9 goals at the Couta Bowl but copped a 10 goal thrashing down Shell Road in Round 2 I think - when half the side was out with injuries. Two good wins against Torquay this year but both times the Tigers have let us get off to a big start and kicked abysmally...they aren't as potent up front without Hughes I think. If all the pieces fall the right way I wouldn't mind a crack at the Ammos in the big one. They haven't got a great record in Grand Finals, and the last time we played them the story was we gave them a hell of a scare. I'd be on a flight too although easier for me to drive across!!

Any word on new coaches at anglesea or grove next year? Is Carlon going to continue at the power? Think everyone nows Dom Gleason will coach the tigers next year! Great recruits to coach from heads. Will be a danger next year!

Mitch Herbison to return to BH next season also. He will dominate BFL.

Quality person herbi, great to see. If he stays fit could well be recruit of the year with gleeson. Hope heads get on a roll coz they r a great footy club with great local support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back