GAFF%20Andrew.png

Details
Number
Height
182cm
Weight 78kg
DOB 16-06-1992
Debut: 2011 Round 1 Vs North Melbourne

Player Honours: AFL Rising Star Nominee 2011; AFL All-Australian (2015, 2018); John Worsfold Medal 2015
Draft history: 2010 NAB AFL Draft 1st round selection (West Coast) No. 4 overall.

Last edited:

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast
[YOUTUBE]rZA-v3hAhVA[/YOUTUBE]

Figured this could go in here, bit of an insight into how he is coping and who is looking after him. Seems that the Eagles have been trying very hard to make his parents feel comfortable, just as much as Gaffy.

Love the kid, going to be a gun!

vWestCoast

Premiership Player
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Will get 15-25 touches a game next year. Even if he does go I'll support him. Easily likable kid.

Hope he doesn't because without a compromised draft we would have gotten Swallow.

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
Won't trade Gaff unless it's for a star midfielder who they can pass #3 onto. They gave Gaff #3 for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Andrew Gaff is looking considerably larger than at the beginning of the season. Has me thinking we have started doing larger weight sessions in preparation for next year. He looks like he is learning how to run with this larger frame. I'm really excited to see him progress and destroy 2015.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Does look to be bulking up slightly. Simmo did mention on 6pr he wants a few players to get bigger and i bet Gaff is one of them.
even Shuey is noticeably bigger.

Gaff has looked a bit slower at times this year and joining the dots I think the increase in mass could be the reason. It will only hold him in good stead for the rest of his career. Especially once he gets his explosiveness back and improves it.

Also for the first time in his career he had more contested possessions than uncontested which is great!

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
Biggest thing is how much stronger he is. I recall this year against Freo, where he set up the McGinnity super goal. Went full pace at Duffield, managed to break the tackle and get it to LeCras. One year ago he wouldn't have broken that tackle, shows how hard he's worked in the gym to put on some much needed size.

Back