Brent Moloney (Achilles) TBC
Jack Redden (ankle) season
Daniel Rich (knee) season
Brent Staker (foot) season
Trent West (knee) season
Luke McGuane (knee) season
Sam Mayes (concussion) test

ON THE BLOCK:
What block? Sam Mayes will be monitored during the week after being subbed out with concussion.

ON THE CUSP:
Matthew Leuenberger keeps ticking all the boxes in his return from injury. Jordan Lisle booted six goals in the NEAFL win over Gold Coast, while Jackson Paine and Marco Paparone also put in strong performances.

GILBERT GARDINER’S FORECAST: WOW.
Tough to break into the All Australian midfield with the likes of Gaz, Pendles, JPK, Fyfe and Selwood well in commission, but if Tom Rockliff doesn’t make the cut this year then the selectors need their heads read. The Lions could easily making it three in-a-row with games against Melbourne (away) and Adelaide (home).

MELBOURNE

INJURIES

Daniel Cross (fibula) 2-3 weeks
Shannon Byrnes (foot) season
Jesse Hogan (back) 3-4 weeks
Jayden Hunt (back) 3-4 weeks
Jake Spencer (ankle) season
Jack Trengove (foot) season
Jimmy Toumpas (appendicitis) 5 weeks
Michael Evans (AC joint) 2-3 weeks
Max King (leg) 2-3 weeks

ON THE CUSP:
Max Gawn was Casey’s best player two weekends ago, with 25 disposals and four goals in the loss to Frankston. James Strauss, Dan Nicholson and Matt Jones all racked up more than 30 possessions.

ON THE BLOCK:
Dean Kent was the substitute in the loss to Port Adelaide and is the most likely omission should Paul Ross wish to give Jones and Gawn a reprieve or Nicholson and Strauss an opportunity.

ADAM BALDWIN’S FORECAST:
Brisbane at Etihad Stadium is a big test for the Demons for a number of reasons. The Lions will be full of confidence after such a spirited win against Gold Coast, but it is the quality of opposition Melbourne should be accounting for if it can replicate the effort shown against Port Adelaide. It’s also a chance to break the Etihad Stadium home and away hoodoo. If the Dees can register another two more wins for the season, then six is pass mark in Paul Roos’s first year in charge. Sam Blease, Tapscott, Strauss and Nicholson are all playing for their careers.

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bewick, Zorko, Harwood, Golby, Lester and now Greeny?

The boys are racking up the half century milestone games this year. They should all start to play consistent footy in the senior team now that they have played 50 senior games. Not that some of them haven't already.

Yeah we are definitely building a good team, fingers crossed we keep them.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
In the mix: Round 19

BRISBANE LIONS
For one of the few times this season, there's no real need for Justin Leppitsch to change his team when the Lions travel to play Melbourne on Sunday. The Lions were superb in defeating Gold Coast last and had a rare clean bill of health out of the match. Marco Paparone and Nick Robertson might force their way back in if Leppitsch is looking to give other younger players a rest. Matthew Leuenberger will need another game in the reserves before he pushes for senior selection.

MELBOURNE
Coach Paul Roos is unlikely to make too many changes after the team's gallant effort against Port Adelaide. He was pleased with individuals who played their roles as the Demons almost upset the Power. Showing good form for Casey in the VFL were James Strauss, who is yet to play a senior game this season, Viv Michie and Max Gawn. Daniel Cross is progressing well as he recovers from a fractured leg and could surprise, but is more likely to be sidelined for one more week.

Looks alright. I might have to check it out. Did you have a meal?

One never eats anything at the Leveson but the parma.

I believe they technically have other things on the menu, but I doubt anyone ever orders them.

I really would love to see Moose given a crack at FF in place of Merrett. We need to test our unsigned guys and just as Martin turned it on, Moose deserves a chance to.

Experience wise it does effect us but this is certainly that game to test it. Just my two cents

I really would love to see Moose given a crack at FF in place of Merrett. We need to test our unsigned guys and just as Martin turned it on, Moose deserves a chance to.

Experience wise it does effect us but this is certainly that game to test it. Just my two cents
I can't double like this post, so I will quote it and give it one of these.:thumbsu:

QLDatHEART

Team Captain
May 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can't double like this post, so I will quote it and give it one of these.:thumbsu:
Come on 3KZ and Nunez... That's not a great idea. The big Moose simply isn't good enough to play senior AFL and Leppa obviously agrees. Otherwise we would have seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back