AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay
Player payments have been suspended I believe. Don't know whether they have run out of $ to pay debts as & when they fall due or whether it's a cash flow issue. TB or Bilby may have more info.
Payments were put on hold but however have now been restored. Lack of home games in the first half of the year meaning we couldn't generate takings through the gate plus sponsorship taking awhile to process was the cause. However all is good now.

all ok have heard that hawks sole ruckman could be seeking a new home following a pay dispute. Apparently a few players are getting paid and others aren't happy.

The transfer window has closed so no one can go anywhere, except sit out what's left of the season

all ok have heard that hawks sole ruckman could be seeking a new home following a pay dispute. Apparently a few players are getting paid and others aren't happy.

have also heard this abc99, a few heated emails exchanged from the hawks inner sanctum. Few players have sour grapes

Big shame about Duffy, he will no doubt be missed in the Hawks midfield. Don't know about the issue of player payments, I've seen the palyers being paid first hand.

Kiss of death for this round -

Centrals V Norths - Norths to flog the puppies.

Saints V Cutters - The Cutters won't have the infamous balcony to bring them home this week. I'll take the Saints at home.

Port V Hawks - Sounds like there is going to be some ill feeling at the Croc Pit this week. I think Port will take the cigars.

Kiss of death for this round -

Norths at Wallaby Park , Dogs may be competitive for a while , but can't see them taking the points

Saints & Souths ------ After last weeks dacking by the Crocs, Souths to bounce back ---- just

Port at home. Hawks just too young

Sorry Steve, can't assist on this one. Have heard nothing.
Dilby the charismatic character of the south with the scoop hawks forfeit round!! All ok you should not throw stones in a glass house! What a joke of a footy club when was the last time a club has forfeited both ressies and a's player payments tearing that club apart not much comradery there or is it that joke of a president to blame?

The abandonment has nothing to do with any alleged payment dispute. Broadly speaking, it is about duty of care & information provided to the club. A press release will be issued in the coming days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The abandonment has nothing to do with any alleged payment dispute. Broadly speaking, it is about duty of care & information provided to the club. A press release will be issued in the coming days.
Norths beat Centrals today by about 6 goals, but the big story is the Hawks forfeit. 'Allegedly' it IS to do with Boxsall, the term 'death threats' was used by a league employee. My question is, does a whole club have to forfeit because of 1 bloke? Surely you just tell him to have the week off and play on. Can't see the CAFL being too happy with it, an interesting week coming up.....

Great game of footy yesterday between the cutters and saints. Game could've went either way, however the umpiring was once again disgraceful both ways. Something has got to be done to improve the standards. Was good to see the leagues leading goal kickers shoot it out however well done to the mighty cutters! Can't wait to see this game again come finals time.

I'll **** Gary young in the ass for what has happen today, the CAFL has suffered A black eye which it may not recover.. this is about as bad as the 2004 grand final brawl. I just wish the CAFL WOULD SUCK ME
I don't think we can blame this one on the CAFL. This is purely a Hawks cockup and them trying to make waves. I am not involved with either side but from what I know they were given every opportunity to play. If Boxhill was too worried about his safety then he should have pulled the pin on his own and let the rest of the team play or manned up and taken the punishment he probably deserves. I think the league tried to give as much support as they could but the joke of a coach at Hawks and other members kept trying to find reasons not to play instead of trying to find answers so that the game could go on. Disgraceful decisions made by Hawks.

I don't think we can blame this one on the CAFL. This is purely a Hawks cockup and them trying to make waves. I am not involved with either side but from what I know they were given every opportunity to play. If Boxhill was too worried about his safety then he should have pulled the pin on his own and let the rest of the team play or manned up and taken the punishment he probably deserves. I think the league tried to give as much support as they could but the joke of a coach at Hawks and other members kept trying to find reasons not to play instead of trying to find answers so that the game could go on. Disgraceful decisions made by Hawks.
I was critical of Hawks decision to recruit Boxsell given the nature of his outstanding offences & believed it would come back to haunt them. To forfeit a senior game because of that germ is just unbelievable. If all Im hearing is true, how could they possibly put his well being before the entire clubs reputation? its baffling to say the least.

I was critical of Hawks decision to recruit Boxsell given the nature of his outstanding offences & believed it would come back to haunt them. To forfeit a senior game because of that germ is just unbelievable. If all Im hearing is true, how could they possibly put his well being before the entire clubs reputation? its baffling to say the least.

Its a reflection of where that club is at in my book!

I don't believe that anyone would want to forfeit a game of footy or for that matter, any sporting contest. I think people should take a deep breath for a minute and lets see what transpires over the next week. I would also add, that it looks like "social media" was one of the alledged reasons behind all this. I would remind everyone that this site is also classed as a "social media" website and as such, the content of which could be used in a court of law.

Well looks like a lucky fourth Cairns club will be home for Luke Powell in 2015. If anyone actually wants him!!
Was told today he's been kicked out of Kambalda Footy Club in WA and also lost his $120k a year mining job trying to dodge the p!ss testers.
Apparently arrived thinking he was a rock star and not too many of the local players thought much of him. The coach hated him and put him in front of the players who pasted him at a training session over his attitude, but still wouldn't change.
Shame for Kambalda. Poor buggers can't win a trick and seem to get burned regularly. But sounds like they'll be better without him.

local rag today says AFL cairns meet this morning at 8.00am to discuss the Hawks forfeits on the weekend. Flinstone is in the know re social media problems. Any update there Flinstone?

Well looks like a lucky fourth Cairns club will be home for Luke Powell in 2015. If anyone actually wants him!!
Was told today he's been kicked out of Kambalda Footy Club in WA and also lost his $120k a year mining job trying to dodge the p!ss testers.
Apparently arrived thinking he was a rock star and not too many of the local players thought much of him. The coach hated him and put him in front of the players who pasted him at a training session over his attitude, but still wouldn't change.
Shame for Kambalda. Poor buggers can't win a trick and seem to get burned regularly. But sounds like they'll be better without him.

Have also heard the same thing, apparently the coach was the local police sergeant and just couldn't take it anymore.

local rag today says AFL cairns meet this morning at 8.00am to discuss the Hawks forfeits on the weekend. Flinstone is in the know re social media problems. Any update there Flinstone?

Well that's where you're wrong Poiderr, I'm not involved in the "inner sanctum".

Hey guys what date is the grand final in this comp and where's it at ?

It usually is the third Saturday in September, makes it the 20th & always at Cazalys. Hope they dont f*** with the start times as I believe later start options are on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back