Other BigFooty Pokemon X and Y Tournament 3 - Draft Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Iggy are we right to just have the battles on Showdown? It does take the wind out of my sails when a plan gets revealed because of a disconnect

I trust you, and you can trust me to only use moves/natures you actually have on your pokemon

(Don't worry about IV's, all of mine besides my lando and heatran are 5iv, and thos two are 4iv perfect anyway, so just max em out to 31 on showdown)
Yeah, Showdown is better than disconnecting and revealing plans.

You should have moved house just for this tournament. Show some dedication :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game 1
Igloo def FlowersByIrene 6-4 (2-0)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146379688

Predicting an Infernape lead, I lead off with Lando Calrissian and i'm on the back foot immidietly with Starmie stargin me down. Empoelon to the rescue. Starmie is a huge threat and it shoes why. I can only get off 60% before i'm in range of the knock out from it's Tbolt (why does a starfish learn tbolt!!) I cheekily switch into Landorus but there isn't much i can do as it outsppeds me, back into EMpoelon i guess? Surprisingly Starmie runs away liek the coward it is, and now its Empoleon vs DOnphan, a match up i don't mind. I get some decent damage off but it knocks the emperor out.

Here was the big missplay. Despite the fact i coudl Aqua jet for a kill I went for Waterfalle becasue 1. I thought i was faster and 2. I thought Iggy might switch out and I could get some solid damage on his mainly frail team. But no, it was a speed tie and I take an unnecesary 55% from an EQ - for *s sake, there goes any hope of Belly Drumming. But * it i'll give it a go. Starmie thought he could take me on so I get it off, but unfortunately it's not enough to get me the win. I get 70% off the recovered starmie and it takes mes out.

I was in a hail mary mood and thought I'd go for a swords Danc eon Lucarior which was definitely a bad idea. I manaed to kill the starmie but i was practically useless, all i could do was deal 70% to inferbnape and die in shame

Lando takes the Flare Blitz and does a powerful 5% with an Earth power to knock it out. but I haven't got much hope here.
Alakazam deals with Heatran and Pinsir gets the revenge kill but there's nothing I can do, Mega Manectric outspeeds both my pokemon and secures the kills. Game over, nothing to see here.

A couple of bad plays cost me this one, 1. allowing my Lando to get injured needlessly and goign for the waterfall instead of the aqua jet, if I change those then who knows, but @Igloo played well, hat's off sir.

Game 2
FlowersByIrene de Igloo 6-3 (3-0)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146382365
emp.jpg
The Emperor

The match starts with Donphan sitting in my face, I switch the Lando into the Earquake and foolishly forget DOnhpan has Ice HSard, I take 60% of needless damage and do the smart play and switch in Empoleon. Empoeon does the job tht Lando fails. Starmie comes in, poreducts a switch and goes for the scald, i'm having none of that and hit it with a powerful grassknot, Iggy tries to recover up but my Emperor penguin is too powerful for than and gets max damage to knock out the Starmie form 80% what a champon, that was a major threat down

Manectric tries to be cheeky with Sub but my Penguin laughs in the face of evil and Scalds away, I eventually get the kill after Manectric can only do 60% to me. Infernape finishes off my brave warrior though.

My choice scarfed Luke comes in and Close COmbats for the Kaaaay Ohhh, is what I would have been saying, but Infernape lived with 2%, *. It finishes me off with Flare Blitz. Life orb takes out Infernape and it's Mega Pinsir vs Alakazam. Return + Quick Attack does the job and Pinsir is sitting pretty at 60%

Unfortunately Igloos team is fast as hell and I fall to an ice shard. Igloo goes for the hax flinches and gets one before Heatran finishes him off.

Game 3
FlowersByIrene def Igloo 6-2 (4-0)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-146384025
azu.jpg

The Belly Drum

Igloo and I had been switching starters and I'd struggled with his Starmie all game because it's fast as hell and I didn't have much to knock it out.
Empoelon tanks the Tbolt and dishes out some solid Grass Knot damage, Iggy switches Infernape in who takes the Grass Knot, I switch to Heatran expecticting a "flare blitz" I dunno what I was doing really, switching begins to get myself out of this mess. Infernape get's red carded out and in comes DOnphan, i switch in Lando for the 3rd battle in a row and for the 3rd battle in a row I keep forgetting Donphan has Ice Shard and i let him take 60% of my health, so now I switch to Empoleon like I should have done a turn ago, and Emps finishes it off.

Igloo had a tonne of threats on his team, Manectric with it's Fire/Electric combo and lighting speed, Starmie with Water/Ice and such fast speed and Alakazam with Pshycic/Focus and such fast speed meant I couldnt ever be comfortable due to my relatively slow team.

Manectric forces my Heatran out, which forces he Alakazam out, i hope for a Focus Miss, but three straight games in a row I don't get it. HEatran goes down, luckily I have my Lucario to finish the job with a Scarfed Crunch

In comes the end game. Azumarill switches into the Fake Out form Infernape and I start the Belly Drunm dance, Infernape can't do more than like 30% to me so I know a switch is coming, and from there with x4 attack, nothing can stop the Aqua Jet. Manectric valiantly tries to take my attack down with an Intimidate but it wasn't enough. I add insult to injury and crit weavile (even though it wasn't needed) and take the match after Aqua Jetting, Manectric, Starmie, Infernape to death before.

Last edited:
yea but why would an infernape have it? And why would an infernape one shot my god damn pokemon with it.. does the fact its a special not physical move not factor at all?

Infernape has a base 104 special attack, which is the same as it's attack.
Your pokemon was probably heavy, weak to grass or had low special def/hp.
It being a special attack is a factor, but infernape's special attack is quite high anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back