Sam Robson officially a turncoat

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that really the best you've got?

Oh yeah, listen to that thick pommie accent. I wonder which part of England it's from...

That said do you want him though? He'd still be more English than some of your most recent call ups.

dont worry ,bro.
Ive got his birthplace noted ,just in case he turns out to be big talent in the future.
haha
I'm sure we'll hear plenty more from you when he's receiving his baggy green :p

Moved over here when he was three.
Speaks with an Australian accent and when he hears the word football thinks of Aussie rules

I'm bloody glad that Langer is in charge of the Warriors now, as I'd rather Whiteman DID go and play for England than end up a pisshead loser like the half the Warriors used to be.

Last edited:
Moved over here when he was three.
Speaks with an Australian accent and when he hears the word football thinks of Aussie rules

I know!!.

But people like Strauss had similar stories. Never stopped people saying he was a "saffer" and saying we poached him.

I know!!.

But people like Strauss had similar stories. Never stopped people saying he was a "saffer" and saying we poached him.

Strauss and Prior is a pisstake that is added on as extras to KP and Trott because it's amusing.

What I find interesting about this is that it is so on the table at interviews. Any young player who has some sort of tie to England through a parent and gets any kind of profile - and I'm sure it's not just in Aus that this is going on - is asked about going there to play.

Robson was sort of scouted through Thorpe, I would think that more of that is going on than we ever hear about.

Clearly your birth place is not the be all and end all. Players like Strauss and even the likes of Prior & Stokes were in England long enough to be English enough. Guys like Ballance & Robson played youth international cricket... but not for England. So English that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he got dropped.

Trott is back as well

Hopefully this will be the final tour that Downton/Whittaker get to pick before getting sacked.

Full England squad: Alastair Cook (capt, Essex), Adam Lyth (Yorkshire), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire), Gary Ballance, Joe Root (both Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Jos Buttler (wk, Lancashire), Jonathan Bairstow (wk), Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett (all Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Mark Wood (Durham), James Tredwell (Kent)

Wouldn't have dropped Robson. Lyth has been prolific in county cricket, but think they would have been better off continuing to try and build the partnership between Cook and Robson which looked reasonably promising. Robson also performed well over in South Africa. Can understand why they would bring Trott in to open, but Robson slipping down that extra peg in the pecking order is a backwards move for them.

Tredwell doesn't even get games in county cricket...

Rashid is a good selection and should get an opportunity with Moeen out.

They couldn't seriously be thinking about Prior can they? Buttler is a much better prospect at this point in time.
Buttler has x factor, of course they won't pick him.

Hmm wouldn't be continuing to go down the path of Prior if I were them but...

Jos Buttler season by season FC Stats

Getting better and it's probably only a matter of time before he gets a chance, but still not exactly inspiring stuff.

Good to see Adelaide Hawk want a player in the test side because of his T20 form though :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back