Round 19 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got 1 trade left but plan to use it to trade out Hibberd - have got $438,500 and leaning towards Kade Simpson but also thinking about Mitchell. Any thoughts on this?

Derickz > Wood
Hibberd > ANY MID/DEF Under 565k?
Cheers, the obvious choice would be Malceski at 538k.

But if I switch Mitchell back and wait a week I could get a very cheap M Stokes or I could even go a discounted K Jack this week...

Currently rank 5,100 and placed comfortably at 3rd in all my leagues.

Warming to the stokes idea. I could cop the donut this week and pick him up for a lovely 455kish next week leaving me some money for the next rainy day.

Edit: eh, stokes isn't that good might go the obvious one to Malceski

Although, Barlow and M Murphy look good.

Last edited:

Hibberd to Bartel... team is complete and scoring very well... 116K left and ZERO trades! :oops:

Need to do something with Hibberd.

7N6GrEz.jpg

4 trades left and only $1,100 left in savings so I can't even go Hibberd to Fisher or Dunn, at least without using 2 trades anyway.

Don't have enough cover to slip Mitchell back without making at least one trade.

Help please :confused:

How about Hibberd to Montagna via Mitchell to defence?

Otherwise I'd downgrade Shenton to Hunt/Spinna and upgrade Hibberd to mid or back of your choice.

Probably Hibberd to Mitchell. Although Brodie Smith is tempting!

The other option is to not trade and just hope that all 6 of Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh, Birchall, Guthrie and SD Thompson all play/score well.

Last edited:
How about Hibberd to Montagna via Mitchell to defence?

Otherwise I'd downgrade Shenton to Hunt/Spinna and upgrade Hibberd to mid or back of your choice.
Thanks for your reply but I think going Montagna isn't going to work well with me, just means I have to do even more trading to use the cash and make further upgrades and downgrades.

I'm thinking of going with Barlow.

I need some "beefing" up, fortunately injuries have been kind to me this week *Jinx*

I have 5 trades left & $145K in the bank, currently sitting 2nd in my league but a loss this week & I could slip as low as #5.

WINGARD seems like an obvious one to trade.... but for who?

upload_2014-7-30_18-59-44.png

I need some "beefing" up, fortunately injuries have been kind to me this week *Jinx*

I have 5 trades left & $145K in the bank, currently sitting 2nd in my league but a loss this week & I could slip as low as #5.

View attachment 70865

Have you considered Stefan Martin? Could give you some good ruck coverage if Cameron gets back into the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 70865

You have no cash cows to cull and bench cover is dodgy.
I'd be fixing that first

View attachment 70865

Upgrade Impey and use chad as your mid fwd bench cover

Probably Hibberd to Mitchell. Although Brodie Martin is tempting!

The other option is to not trade and just hope that all 6 of Bartel, Swallow, McVeigh, Birchall, Guthrie and SD Thompson all play/score well.

Brodie Smith, surely?

I have Brodie Martin on the bench. Yes, I'm the team that has him!

He might be getting a run this week though if I hold off trading out Hibberd.

PS: Has anyone outside South Australia ever named their child Brodie?

Brodie Smith, surely?

I have Brodie Martin on the bench. Yes, I'm the team that has him!

He might be getting a run this week though if I hold off trading out Hibberd.

PS: Has anyone outside South Australia ever named their child Brodie?

Brodie Holland, although he is a Tasmanian.

Big decisions to make, 4 trades and 166k available, 7th and 8th in my two key leagues and have to win this week so have to trade.

B: Bartel McVeigh Swallow MJohnson Burgoyne Mitchell Bews McStay

M: Selwood SJ Pendlebury Beams JPK Fyfe Parker Jack O'Brien Hartung

R: Sandi Goldstein Currie Thurlow

F: Danger Franklin Martin Roughy Pav Kersten Honeychurch Spina

Obviously Kersten is my weakest link, I am not trading him as my benches are crap and he is the only one of my rookies that has good JS for finals, so I want to keep him but get him to the bench. Ideally I trade Hartung to a good mid and put Parker forward but I can't generate enough cash for that.
If I trade MCStay down to a rooke priced player it gives me the ability to upgrade Hartung up to anyone 422.4 k or less

So I see two options.
A) I loophole Honeychurch, see what Kersten scores, if by some chance he scores 75 + take it and don't trade. Otherwise I then trade for a forward playing on Sunday of which I can afford Breust o Wingard (or Cloke if I am really brave.

B) Hartung goes to Jaensch with Mitchell to mids and Parker forward.

Anyone see any other options that I am missing?

Big decisions to make, 4 trades and 166k available, 7th and 8th in my two key leagues and have to win this week so have to trade.

B: Bartel McVeigh Swallow MJohnson Burgoyne Mitchell Bews McStay

M: Selwood SJ Pendlebury Beams JPK Fyfe Parker Jack O'Brien Hartung

R: Sandi Goldstein Currie Thurlow

F: Danger Franklin Martin Roughy Pav Kersten Honeychurch Spina

Obviously Kersten is my weakest link, I am not trading him as my benches are crap and he is the only one of my rookies that has good JS for finals, so I want to keep him but get him to the bench. Ideally I trade Hartung to a good mid and put Parker forward but I can't generate enough cash for that.
If I trade MCStay down to a rooke priced player it gives me the ability to upgrade Hartung up to anyone 422.4 k or less

So I see two options.
A) I loophole Honeychurch, see what Kersten scores, if by some chance he scores 75 + take it and don't trade. Otherwise I then trade for a forward playing on Sunday of which I can afford Breust o Wingard (or Cloke if I am really brave.

B) Hartung goes to Jaensch with Mitchell to mids and Parker forward.

Anyone see any other options that I am missing?
Maybe Currie > spud 100k ruck which leaves around 397k
Billy > The Chad,Henderson,caddy,big Tex,etc
I think your just short on Leigh monty from the saints.

*If mc stay playing leave him better to trade non playing players imo.

5 Trades and $50.3k.

Swan > Rookie

Then,

Bruest > Harvey, Gray, Franklin

or

Swap Danger to FWD and get one of Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood.

Opinions pls.

Attachments

• team1.jpg
    team1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 5
Maybe Currie > spud 100k ruck which leaves around 397k
Billy > The Chad,Henderson,caddy,big Tex,etc
I think your just short on Leigh monty from the saints.

*If mc stay playing leave him better to trade non playing players imo.

I think he may reach Monty from my crude calculations. If so I think something like a Currie > 102k rookie (someone like a Max King who has a fair share of later games so you can use him as a captain loophole option) and Hartung > Montagna would be a decent option. Lets you flip Parker and Honeychurch around and leaves you Kersten, McStay and Honeychurch as potential back-up providing they play.

Finally offloaded McDonald and Georgiou for Fisher and L Thompson. 0 trades left but overall happy with the final product. Decent enough bench coverage for the remainder of the season. Currently sitting in the top 4%. Jaensch is the player I would never pick up/waste a trade on again.

sdfsf.png

3 trades left, and 414,000 in the bank. Should have gone Ambrose>Rockliff when i had the chance (still can, but its a $30k difference this week)

Ambrose will be gone. Likely to move Gray into the Fwds and bring in Rockliff

will leave me with 2 trades, and $42,000

If i dont get injuries, then i'm all good i think!

upload_2014-7-31_16-54-54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back