Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Tyson Edwards, Port Adelaide Assistant Coach, on recognition in SA Footy Hall of Fame.

Congratulations Matthew Primus and Chad Cornes for their recognition too. Outstanding careers - premierships both (both day and night), all-Australian honors, best and fairests, dominating the competition in their respective positions...but sadly, none of that can compare to Coleman-winning Tony Modra and laughably, the Gowans twins according to the Advertiser.

Congratulations Matthew Primus and Chad Cornes for their recognition too. Outstanding careers - premierships both (both day and night), all-Australian honors, best and fairests, dominating the competition in their respective positions...but sadly, none of that can compare to Coleman-winning Tony Modra and laughably, the Gowans twins according to the Advertiser.
Observed one of the Gowens in the bar at the port v essendon game. Fair to say he didn't like 'port power' much!

Just read that the Western Bulldogs play 15 of their 22 games on Sunday this year. And Eddie McGuire has the audacity to whinge about the Pies being forced to play 1 Sunday night game - where's my violin? :)

You can now purchase Baltimore Ravens superbowl rings :)

Have they got any original ideas at West Lakes?

MEMB0165_headerBLACK_CM.jpg

http://click.tmclient.ticketmaster....5aaa03b63b11160c007bc92c78a5091db6f3057fce72d

Call me daft, but I actually don't think that's such a bad idea. Probably not my cup of tea as I don't like wearing rings, but it's certainly something you can keep on you wherever you go. Although it would make more sense if it was a members premiership commemorative ring rather than just a simple member ring.

Too gaudy for me, looks like something a mafia capo should wear. I once had an engraved ring(Lord of the Rings) but it was a simple gold band with a very thin script on it. And it was purer than the ones the cows are selling, I think it was 16K. Only cost me $180 because I bought the band from a jeweller and had the engraving done at the knife place in Adelaide Arcade. The official merchandise rings cost around $800.

The cows rings are $799, although I couldn't find a price for the silver ones.

Last edited:
Well it comes with the benefit that if you ever get into a fight at the footy, you'll be embossing someone's face in bruise form with a Port Adelaide member sign for a week or two. Then if we ever see anyone with an Adelaide Member bruise on their forehead we know that they were beaten up by grannies.

Do Geelong have a few players up for free agency in the next couple of years? Must be a reason for Chris Scott's statement about free agency being distasteful. He had no qualms bringing the brass band into Adelaide a couple of years ago

Sounds like Geelong just dropped out of the race for Frawley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it comes with the benefit that if you ever get into a fight at the footy, you'll be embossing someone's face in bruise form with a Port Adelaide member sign for a week or two. Then if we ever see anyone with an Adelaide Member bruise on their forehead we know that they were beaten up by grannies.

Would that be the "Ghost who walks early out of games when Adelaide are losing"? :p

Who needs "Free Agency" when you can fly your captain, coach, boot-studder, physio etc etc, interstate and attempt to entice someone to their club, who's coming out of contract.

You can now purchase Baltimore Ravens superbowl rings :)

Have they got any original ideas at West Lakes?

MEMB0165_headerBLACK_CM.jpg

I saw somewhere recently that Adelaide private schools are introducing American style "graduation rings" so it was only a matter of time before we saw American style sports rings. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are many who this type of jewellery appeals to.

140619-ring-article-600.jpg

Last edited:
I saw somewhere recently that Adelaide private schools are introducing American style "graduation rings" so it was only a matter of time before saw American style sports rings. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are many who this type of jewellery appeals to.

140619-ring-article-600.jpg

If I were a premiership player I'd much rather something I could wear around like a ring as opposed to a medallion which will either get thrown in a draw to gather dust, or be sold on eBay years later to pay off gambling debts.

Mate told me today that Chapman apparently said to Trigg before he left, "You take any of our players and I will crack you - I am serious I will crack you!!" What a deadset knob: apparently it's OK for the Crows to bring Betts over from Carlton, but woe betide the Blues if they dare to entice players across the border!!!!!

Mate told me today that Chapman apparently said to Trigg before he left, "You take any of our players and I will crack you - I am serious I will crack you!!" What a deadset knob: apparently it's OK for the Crows to bring Betts over from Carlton, but woe betide the Blues if they dare to entice players across the border!!!!!

Talk about being slapped by a wet lettuce leaf...

If I were a premiership player I'd much rather something I could wear around like a ring as opposed to a medallion which will either get thrown in a draw to gather dust, or be sold on eBay years later to pay off gambling debts.

Well, they still get sold for a litany of reasons, but totally. Wearing a Championship Ring is the pinnacle of sport.

Medals are such a rubbish concept. I still remember Jose Mourinho throwing not one but two winners' medals into the crowd at Stamford Bridge before the guy from the FA got the hint. Now if he'd been presented with a personalised championship ring?

That'd only be going over the fence on the finger bitten from his hand.

I recon those crows rings look alright. Good concept I recon.

I sell mens wedding rings for a living though and Gold and Silver are such soft metals they will look absolutely dreadful in 6 months. The crow on the face will become unrecognisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back