Preview Rnd 19 Carlton v Fremantle Thursday 31st July @ Patersons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLean has been disappointing this year, but I reckon he's better than most give credit for.

However I get the feeling that at subi, freo will switch play across the ground and 'next minute*' Brock will be there.

* spelt correctly for literal meaning

McLean has been disappointing this year, but I reckon he's better than most give credit for.

However I get the feeling that at subi, freo will switch play across the ground and 'next minute*' Brock will be there.

* spelt correctly for literal meaning
Love your conscience vote in favour of correct spelling.

Signed,

Spelling and grammar nerd.

Ridiculous selections - and not the first time this season either!

Surely one of Carrots or Brock won't play and the other will be sub with Lucas in the team.

boy oh boy wowee no issues with daisys ankles methinks he was casually booting goals from 60 out.

mclean is OK and is good for the odd goal here and there, but carrots has brought no real value this season. not liking the selections.

This will be the 16th contest between Fremantle and Carlton at Patersons Stadium. The Dockers have won nine games to six but the Blues have won the past two and three of the last four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selections don't phase me really, it's the omissions I'm thankful for (aside from Menzal, anyone have an idea on his time frame?)

Good to see Wood and Graham hold their spot

How far away is Cripps/do we expect to see him this year?

Bone bruising can be terribly painful. May have been off his feet for a week.

A win would be too much to ask for so in view, Johnson getting another shot is terrific.

Have had bad bone bruising in my knee before. Thought I destroyed my knee when it happened. MRI came back as only bone bruising I couldn't believe it. Could barely walk for a week let alone run. Took a good couple of weeks to start getting confidence in it.

On the ins... Not very inspiring

Blano's already in. You've got a choice between Watto & Lucas to replace Brock, although I suspect if anyone drops out it will be Carrots.
I hate to be a perennial Brock-basher, but I would put Lucas in the team any day of the week ahead of him.

Not that I want to bash Brock, he has proven me wrong over the journey while at Princes Park. I just feel the game has passed him and we all should move on. I wish him all the best.
Thanks for your service Brock.

Carrazzo out, Lucas in. He'll be sub though. Carrazzo barely trained today so they'd be crazy to bring him in
I dont get the reasoning behind the clubs constant rushing back guys who have just got over injuries... we need to get them back through the bullants where they can be monitored properly and gain match fitness.

Cool, the youth policy is well and truly kicking in....building for the future and all that s**t!

The cynic in me might suggest the beginning of the farewell games!!
Unfortunately the youth of which you speak are either already in the team, out injured or no longer at the club. The cupboard is almost bare:

2010: Watson: named as an emergency, although some don't want him in the team.
McCarthy & Mitchell gone.
2011: Bootsma: gone
Rowe: in the team
Buckley: injured
2012: Menzel: injured
Temay: not up to it
Graham: in the team
2013: Cripps: one game back from injury in the VFL & then a bye
Giles: injured
Holman: just about spent.

As for some of our rookies either promoted or elevated: Curnow, Casboult, Wood, Johnson all in the team.
Scotland: retired

Others: Byrne, Sheehan & Reynolds: not quite ready yet, although Byrne may get a shot against a lesser team than the Dockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back