Summer Transfer Window

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
everton absolutely could

the jump in the new tv deal alone would pay for lukaku. it's all a matter of if big ken wants to do it or not. he's already got the barkley contract extension, they seal lukaku he'll be chaired down the streets of merseyside.

Does Everton have 30 mil to spend on him?

I'd say our budget is low 30's but we still want to make another 2-3 signings after Lukaku so probably not. Wouldn't be opposed to signing Remy and spend the rest of the thirty mil on 4-5 players.

I'd say our budget is low 30's but we still want to make another 2-3 signings after Lukaku so probably not. Wouldn't be opposed to signing Remy and spend the rest of the thirty mil on 4-5 players.
Fair enough. I thought it would be about your limit. Hopefully you can get it done :thumbsu:

An early line from the continent and De Telegraaf is reporting that Atletico Madrid have agreed a fee in the region of €2.5million (£2m) with PSV Eindhoven for teenager Zakaria Bakkali. The Belgian winger, who has recently been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham, now has to agree personal terms with Atletico.

Would be a top top signing and along with Griezmann, Atletico will still be super dangerous.
Good price for Bakkali.

There were some talks of us with Bakkali but never thought it was serious, would've liked him at that price
If he comes on Atletico will sell for 10 times that easily.

National team coach seems to rate Origi over Lukaku
Origi has potential but Lukaku right now is the better player and prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he comes on Atletico will sell for 10 times that easily.

Atletico has gotten smart at the market, using the Costa and Luis money very well

And Origi looks a very good prospect, but he's raw and will need to put some more runs on the board. Different type of player to Lukaku anyway, hard to compare

Fair enough. I was talking bout value though. 10M V 30M
You are comparing the wrong value. Lukaku hasn't been sold for 30m. Compare the value to the price Chelsea bought him for.

Of course Origi could be a bargain, very talented youngster but for all we know might not be able to make the jump in class or handle the physicality of the premier league. Then it's 10M for nothing in comparison to 30M for a capable proven striker.

Hate to say it, but I think Liverpool have signed a terrific prospect in Origi, I rate him, will be very good for them.

I did read that Scumberland (dammit NUFC Tiger ) were trying to offload him and they were adamant it wasn't to be a loan.

We've lost interest in Deeney apparently. Talk is an existing striker is going out on loan (I'm guessing Wood) and that we have one more striker coming in.

:O
Nooooooooo!

Of course Origi could be a bargain, very talented youngster but for all we know might not be able to make the jump in class or handle the physicality of the premier league. Then it's 10M for nothing in comparison to 30M for a capable proven striker.

He's a big strong and quick lad, I think he'll be fine in England, but I'm more interested in his finishing. Gotta brush up that part of his game. It's the difference between being a Heskey or a Costa

He actually has a pretty poor goalscoring record but don't think he plays upfront in a lot of games.

Probably quite a chunk of that 10 mil will be performance based anyway so it shouldn't be much of a loss even if he doesn't work out

:O
Nooooooooo!
Don't hold me to that. It would make the most sense if one of our strikers were to go out on loan. Vardy, Ulloa, Nugent are all first team regulars. Can't see any club wanting GTF (although they might I suppose). I'm just happy it's supposedly a loan and not a permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back